PDA

View Full Version : wd Aaron Ramsey. Another fine performance yesterday.

Sir C
05-08-2017, 08:03 AM
He really is a most remarkably talented footballer. We're very lucky to have him.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-08-2017, 08:06 AM
He really is a most remarkably talented footballer. We're very lucky to have him.

Probably the only one he's had all season. I realise this post was to antagonise WES.

Peter
05-08-2017, 08:16 AM

To be fair he made two tackles at Spurs. That counts as good game (for him).

Pokster
05-08-2017, 08:30 AM

WES will probably claim he is now on drugs as you can't go from a poor performance to MOTM without drugs being the only reason.

Burney
05-08-2017, 08:35 AM

Ah. Sorry I didn't respond to your email earlier. Was on holiday Friday.

SWv2
05-08-2017, 08:37 AM

Indeed, played very well as did Xhaka. They are the future whether some or most like it or not.

Wd Petr Cech also, has taken a fair amount of stick at times. His first half stop from Rooney was crucial.

Sir C
05-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Ah. Sorry I didn't respond to your email earlier. Was on holiday Friday.

No problemo mio fratellinho!

redgunamo
05-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Indeed, played very well as did Xhaka. They are the future whether some or most like it or not.

Wd Petr Cech also, has taken a fair amount of stick at times. His first half stop from Rooney was crucial.

I understand Ramsey is actually the future of Barcelona?

SWv2
05-08-2017, 08:55 AM
I understand Ramsey is actually the future of Barcelona?

Now I am among his most staunch and loyal defenders, but LOL.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 08:57 AM

I watched the second half only and during that period did not utter the words 'f*ck off, you stupid Welsh c*nt' once.

So he must have been exceptional. :-)

Shame about the rest of the season, but there you are.

IUFG
05-08-2017, 08:59 AM

MOTM I understand. How?

I saw him give the ball away several times, take a ball off a colleague and put it straight in touch and not pass to a furious Sanchez.

Plenty of empty seats for a match against Yanited. Who'd a thunk it.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 09:01 AM

They are the future, SW? One game against much of Manu's second team at a time when they are saving themselves for the EL semi-final and their manager seemed indifferent to the result and we should forget how awful Ramsey has been for much of the past 2-3 seasons? And how poor a first season Xhaka has had (note that I rate him highly as a player)?

Had Rich posted this you would have given him some serious, and much deserved, abuse.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-08-2017, 09:04 AM
They are the future, SW? One game against much of Manu's second team at a time when they are saving themselves for the EL semi-final and their manager seemed indifferent to the result and we should forget how awful Ramsey has been for much of the past 2-3 seasons? And how poor a first season Xhaka has had (note that I rate him highly as a player)?

Had Rich posted this you would have given him some serious, and much deserved, abuse.

They're not the future. We'll probably buy another midfielder to partner Xhaka this summer.

Tony C
05-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Let's not get carried away lol it's Ramsey.

Thought Holding had another fine game...Kos was daydreaming on the lad for the Rooney chance.

Really hope Wenger doesn't drop him again.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 09:07 AM
They're not the future. We'll probably buy another midfielder to partner Xhaka this summer.

With Wenger in charge? I can't see it, although I agree that is what is needed.

Kante and Xhaka, not Xhaka and Ramsey, not Kante and Ramsey, Kante and Xhaka, if you see what I mean.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 09:08 AM

Jack's back :cloud9:

SWv2
05-08-2017, 09:11 AM

Yes, I think they are the future is Wenger stays.

I completely take your point about it being one performance against a poor United team but he is dearly loved by Wenger and Xhaka is I think his 3rd highest signing so logic would suggest he is to play ahead of others. They are I think the midfield partnership most people foresaw at the time of GX joining and at least show a basis for development to build on.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-08-2017, 09:12 AM

Kante and Xhaka, not Xhaka and Ramsey, not Kante and Ramsey, Kante and Xhaka, if you see what I mean.

If he stays i think he'll spend a decent amount. They have to quieten the dissenters somehow.

SWv2
05-08-2017, 09:13 AM

The Gay bloke at Everton looks a player though perhaps too obvious as Kante II.

SWv2
05-08-2017, 09:15 AM
If he stays i think he'll spend a decent amount. They have to quieten the dissenters somehow.

It’s going to be up front, a striker or creative player on the wing to replace Sanchez.

We could also be less Giroud and Perez so lots of money to spend, or not.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 09:16 AM

I have no idea who the Gay bloke at Everton is, SW. Jaysus, I barely watch the Arsenal anymore.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-08-2017, 09:16 AM

Bakayoko at Monaco :cloud9:

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 09:18 AM

Oh yes. :nod:

Will never happen under Wenger's watch, mind.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-08-2017, 09:18 AM
It’s going to be up front, a striker or creative player on the wing to replace Sanchez.

I actually like Perez. Baffling how little he's been used (when fit). **** knows who he'll sign up front. Lacazette seems to be going to Atletico Madrid.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 09:21 AM

I have seen Monaco 4 or 5 times this year and their wee no. 10 fills me with joy. :nod:

SWv2
05-08-2017, 09:22 AM
I actually like Perez. Baffling how little he's been used (when fit). **** knows who he'll sign up front. Lacazette seems to be going to Atletico Madrid.

Well a lot may depend on the next week or two, CL qualification at least allows you to enquire about the availability and price of your Lukaku or Morata type footballers.

Non CL football and we are looking to Dean Ashton or Jermaine Defoe.

SWv2
05-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Turned us down already (allegedly).

redgunamo
05-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Turned us down already (allegedly).

Obviously wants to see if we win the FA cup first.

Peter
05-08-2017, 10:32 AM
I have seen Monaco 4 or 5 times this year and their wee no. 10 fills me with joy. :nod:

Bernardo Silva? Amazing player to watch. Reminds me ever so slightly of the younger version of Robert Pires, before the cruciate injury.

PSRB
05-08-2017, 10:47 AM

:nod: although I'd say more a Kante Lite than Kante II

SWv2
05-08-2017, 11:00 AM
:nod: although I'd say more a Kante Lite than Kante II

I would of course have to defer to you on this one. Him and the lad Schneiderlinn have impressed me muchly when I have seen them of late.

My reference to Kante II was partly down to Steve Walsh being the man who allegedly scouted and brought both to their clubs. In fact it was earlier this season when he was on SS and was asked by the pitch side reporter about where on earth one finds the next NG at which point he simply grinned and said he already had.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I would of course have to defer to you on this one. Him and the lad Schneiderlinn have impressed me muchly when I have seen them of late.

My reference to Kante II was partly down to Steve Walsh being the man who allegedly scouted and brought both to their clubs. In fact it was earlier this season when he was on SS and was asked by the pitch side reporter about where on earth one finds the next NG at which point he simply grinned and said he already had.

Took me a while to realise you were talking about Idrissa Gueye - I assumed the Gay reference was to Tom Davies's haircut

SWv2
05-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Took me a while to realise you were talking about Idrissa Gueye - I assumed the Gay reference was to Tom Davies's haircut

My apologies. It is I believe how his name is pronounced so never let it be said that Awimb is a forum to shy away from juvenile humour.

However I stand by my earlier assertion that Xhaka and Ramsey it is. Xhasey as such, or Ramaka.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 11:23 AM
My apologies. It is I believe how his name is pronounced so never let it be said that Awimb is a forum to shy away from juvenile humour.

However I stand by my earlier assertion that Xhaka and Ramsey it is. Xhasey as such, or Ramaka.

Ramaka - I like that. And not a bad option if the three.man central defence is to stay. The addition of a Gayer would give the alternative of a back four for certain games, with Ramsey moving in to the 10-role (if Mesut, blessed be his name were to leave)

taxman10
05-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Cech stopped twice for the Rooney chance. If he had kept coming for the ball the first time he would have got it. He's becoming a bit of a liability about staying or coming late off his line in my opinion

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Cech stopped twice for the Rooney chance. If he had kept coming for the ball the first time he would have got it. He's becoming a bit of a liability about staying or coming late off his line in my opinion

oo - glad someone else pointed it out. Thought the same thing. Still poor from Holding - in an otherwise excellent performance - but definitely some stuttering from the big Czech

SWv2
05-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Ramaka - I like that. And not a bad option if the three.man central defence is to stay. The addition of a Gayer would give the alternative of a back four for certain games, with Ramsey moving in to the 10-role (if Mesut, blessed be his name were to leave)

I would love this to occur if only for the perverse humour of listening to our mutual Canadian friend.

SWv2
05-08-2017, 11:37 AM
oo - glad someone else pointed it out. Thought the same thing. Still poor from Holding - in an otherwise excellent performance - but definitely some stuttering from the big Czech

Bloody hell that is harsh.

Perhaps he like most of us expected LK to at least try and deal with it at which point him leaving his goal would have left the (better) option of passing to his team mate for the tap in.

Once LK had failed he proceeded and carried off a very important stop.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Bloody hell that is harsh.

Perhaps he like most of us expected LK to at least try and deal with it at which point him leaving his goal would have left the (better) option of passing to his team mate for the tap in.

Once LK had failed he proceeded and carried off a very important stop.

Very possibly - and not absolving LK from any blame and possibly influenced by the City goal the other week, but Cech's hesitance off his line has been a theme all season (pens v Sunderland and Hull spring to mind as well). Very fine keeper but past his best - fine stop in the end though as you say

Peter
05-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Very possibly - and not absolving LK from any blame and possibly influenced by the City goal the other week, but Cech's hesitance off his line has been a theme all season (pens v Sunderland and Hull spring to mind as well). Very fine keeper but past his best - fine stop in the end though as you say

Judgement is harder once the legs start going. The ones he would have reached easily three years ago are now 50/50. Can affect positioning as well and that definitely affected Seaman in his later years.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Judgement is harder once the legs start going. The ones he would have reached easily three years ago are now 50/50. Can affect positioning as well and that definitely affected Seaman in his later years.
Indeed - Cech started playing top-flight football at a young age and had an horrific injury. No surprise if he doesn't have the longevity of other keepers. Still a fine player though imo, just not as good as he was

Ash
05-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Indeed - Cech started playing top-flight football at a young age and had an horrific injury. No surprise if he doesn't have the longevity of other keepers. Still a fine player though imo, just not as good as he was

I was a bit surprised at the lack of timewasting from him at the end. Seemed to be in an awful hurry to get the ball moving when it came back to him. This from a bloke who spent the prime of his career at Chelsea, the masters of making the last ten minutes evaporate.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 12:44 PM
I was a bit surprised at the lack of timewasting from him at the end. Seemed to be in an awful hurry to get the ball moving when it came back to him. This from a bloke who spent the prime of his career at Chelsea, the masters of making the last ten minutes evaporate.

:hehe: Must have felt - quite rightly - that we were comfortable. But was thinking similar. Jens would have had a field day

Peter
05-08-2017, 02:11 PM
:hehe: Must have felt - quite rightly - that we were comfortable. But was thinking similar. Jens would have had a field day

I think Jens would have been very tempted to create a situation where he could lamp Rooney.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-08-2017, 02:40 PM
I am surprised Rooney was not even spoken to after that hack