PDA

View Full Version : We're not going to lose to Manchester United surely?

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Not this time :-(

Ash
05-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Why not?
~#~#~#

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Why not?
~#~#~#

I don't know. Danny Welbeck?

Ash
05-05-2017, 08:57 AM
I don't know. Danny Welbeck?

Oh. Has someone reminded him where the goals are?

SWv2
05-05-2017, 09:00 AM

Perfect manager to exploit our current shítness I would have thought.

World's End Stella
05-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Arsenal 0-0 ManU

Unless they sneak one, of course :-(

Rich
05-05-2017, 09:18 AM

:nod: He'll take great pleasure in knocking Wenger down, placing his foot on His throat and applying pressure, easing off now and again to allow Wenger to take a gasp and prolong his struggle.

Wenger has never beaten Mourinhio and it won't start on Sunday. 1-1 draw and confirmation that we will not be present in the Champions League next season.

Hopefully Wenger will also announce that He's leaving.

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Arguably more of them and more serious ones than we have.

SWv2
05-05-2017, 09:22 AM
:nod: He'll take great pleasure in knocking Wenger down, placing his foot on His throat and applying pressure, easing off now and again to allow Wenger to take a gasp and prolong his struggle.

Wenger has never beaten Mourinhio and it won't start on Sunday. 1-1 draw and confirmation that we will not be present in the Champions League next season.

Hopefully Wenger will also announce that He's leaving.

Must I remind you of our glorious Charity Shield win of 2015 (or so).

IUFG
05-05-2017, 09:23 AM

Probably. And they won't need Mike Riley to help them...

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Must I remind you of our glorious Charity Shield win of 2015 (or so).

Exactly. The Charity Shield is almost like a trophy even.

Sir C
05-05-2017, 09:24 AM

Nah. He'll have them set up to take a point. We'll play cautiously. It's got 0-0 written all over it.

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Oh, I see what you mean :-(

Arsenal 0-0 ManU

Unless they sneak one, of course :-(

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Nah. He'll have them set up to take a point. We'll play cautiously. It's got 0-0 written all over it.

Wenger seems remarkably relaxed, to me. Mourinho looks troubled. And rightly so, I suppose.

Sir C
05-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Wenger seems remarkably relaxed, to me. Mourinho looks troubled. And rightly so, I suppose.

Maybe Arsene's feeling a bit end-of-termish. "Four more games and I don't have to take this shít any more."

SWv2
05-05-2017, 09:29 AM
He's got issues of his own though. Arguably more of them and more serious ones than we have.

Only if you listen to his moaning to the media and fall for it.

As it stands they have one trophy, are a decent home performance away from another final (success in which would bring CL football next season) and a win on Sunday against a perceived mentally weak side will put an end to them being a rival for this season.

Yes they may be a wee bit tired but fúck them, diddums and all that.

Relatively speaking I would say they’re in as good a state as us, as of this morning.

The man is a bigger bullshítter than Wenger.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
05-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Wenger seems remarkably relaxed, to me.

He knows he'll be on St Croix in a hammock with a lovely bottle of Chablis to hand and all the footie nonsense forever behind him in a few weeks time :nod:

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Maybe Arsene's feeling a bit end-of-termish. "Four more games and I don't have to take this shít any more."

End of epoch-ish, I'd say. But essentially, yes.

Rich
05-05-2017, 09:35 AM

:cloud9: Here's to hoping.

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Only if you listen to his moaning to the media and fall for it.

As it stands they have one trophy, are a decent home performance away from another final (success in which would bring CL football next season) and a win on Sunday against a perceived mentally weak side will put an end to them being a rival for this season.

Yes they may be a wee bit tired but fúck them, diddums and all that.

Relatively speaking I would say they’re in as good a state as us, as of this morning.

The man is a bigger bullshítter than Wenger.

Bugger.

Him, not you.

Ash
05-05-2017, 09:45 AM

Hmmm. It seems that he'd rather take all this **** than the alternative, which is to stare into the empty abyss. He really needs a new hobby. :-(

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Hmmm. It seems that he'd rather take all this **** than the alternative, which is to stare into the empty abyss. He really needs a new hobby. :-(

He's like Al Pacino in "Heat" :-(

Ash
05-05-2017, 09:58 AM
He's like Al Pacino in "Heat" :-(

You'll have to explain, I'm afraid. I'm a clueless cultural retard when it comes to fillums.

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 10:03 AM
You'll have to explain, I'm afraid. I'm a clueless cultural retard when it comes to fillums.

Chap dedicates his life to his work at the expense of everything else, even retirement. Realises too late that he's wasted his time and will have nothing to show for it and nobody will care.

Rich
05-05-2017, 10:07 AM

I think He'd enjoy coin collecting. Far less stressful imo.

SWv2
05-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Chap dedicates his life to his work at the expense of everything else, even retirement. Realises too late that he's wasted his time and will have nothing to show for it and nobody will care.

All I remember about that film is a big shoot out, which oddly enough could be the polar opposite of what Sunday transpires to be.

I have just now read that Xhaka is out so our one functioning midfield player is absent, Ramsey and Coquelin it is.

I might go out for a walk*

*Not an Ash walk.

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 10:16 AM
All I remember about that film is a big shoot out, which oddly enough could be the polar opposite of what Sunday transpires to be.

I have just now read that Xhaka is out so our one functioning midfield player is absent, Ramsey and Coquelin it is.

*Not an Ash walk.

Yes, everyone misses the point of that film, which is actually the whole point of that film.

If you follow me :-\

Luis Anaconda
05-05-2017, 10:26 AM

*Not an Ash walk.

Faced with the prospect of watching it with a load of United supporters or going for a walk, I think I might opt for the latter as well. Not entirely sure I want to go back into my usual haunt after last Sunday either. Not that I can remember much about it

SWv2
05-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Faced with the prospect of watching it with a load of United supporters or going for a walk, I think I might opt for the latter as well. Not entirely sure I want to go back into my usual haunt after last Sunday either. Not that I can remember much about it

My dilemma is not so much a fear of defeat, as in Monty in the week running up to a NLD, simply that I sense it could be an absolutely fúcking dire spectacle with Mourinho setting his stall out almost entirely to spoil and the height of his attacking ambition being 1 goal.

I won't even have the Fellaini / Xhaka "who gets carded first" game to play.

redgunamo
05-05-2017, 10:48 AM
My dilemma is not so much a fear of defeat, as in Monty in the week running up to a NLD, simply that I sense it could be an absolutely fúcking dire spectacle with Mourinho setting his stall out almost entirely to spoil and the height of his attacking ambition being 1 goal.

I won't even have the Fellaini / Xhaka "who gets carded first" game to play.

It'll be fascinating, imo.

Just Trent
05-05-2017, 11:17 AM

We'll thump their squad/youth side 3-0. Chants of "One Arsene Wenger", and that new contract will be signed before the post match interviews commence. :-(

7sisters
05-05-2017, 11:34 AM
We used to say that about playing Spurs but mean it :cry:

SWv2
05-05-2017, 11:48 AM
We used to say that about playing Spurs but mean it :cry:

Changing times 7.

But a decade ago Arsenal v United was arguably our biggest game of the season, and some 3 weeks before the season ended would surely be seen as pivotal in deciding where the title went.

Now it is a mere 5th place decider.

Ash
05-05-2017, 12:29 PM
It'll be fascinating, imo.

:nod: We will be ponderously maneuvering the ball one way then the other around the arc of despair in front of their back eight, until SanchezRamseyOxladeGibbs gives it away and it gets hoofed up into the acres of green grass behind us with our solitary, slower defender haplessly chases their quicker striker to the inevitable conclusion of goal / red card or both.

I can't wait. :cloud9: