PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I'm going for dinner with two bona fide London design industry hipster types

Monty92
05-04-2017, 01:01 PM
I have no idea what these kind of chaps tend to talk about - it's just a category of human that has almost entirely passed me by.

Should I just bail in and ask what they think of Allans?

redgunamo
05-04-2017, 01:05 PM
I have no idea what these kind of chaps tend to talk about - it's just a category of human that has almost entirely passed me by.

The football is always safe ground, imo, so long as you don't overdo the thing ;-)

Sir C
05-04-2017, 01:06 PM

For God's sake don't let them know you're jewish, they'll get Ken Livingstone and his Sonderkommando on the emergency jewphone instantly :-(

Burney
05-04-2017, 01:07 PM

I assume they're quahs?

Monty92
05-04-2017, 01:08 PM
For God's sake don't let them know you're jewish, they'll get Ken Livingstone and his Sonderkommando on the emergency jewphone instantly :-(

You didn't ask me where we're going :-(

Temper, since you didn't ask.

Monty92
05-04-2017, 01:09 PM
I assume they're quahs?

No, both good family men. Beta-males down to their arseholes though.

NTTAWWT of course. I'm sure many would consider me to be one too.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 01:09 PM
You didn't ask me where we're going :-(

Temper, since you didn't ask.

You'll hate it.

Monty92
05-04-2017, 01:10 PM
You'll hate it.

Why would that be?

Sir C
05-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Why would that be?

Because of the food.

Burney
05-04-2017, 01:12 PM
No, both good family men. Beta-males down to their arseholes though.

NTTAWWT of course. I'm sure many would consider me to be one too.

I sort of assume any male with anything to do with the fashion industry is a bender, to be honest. After all, it's not a proper chap's job, is it?

Conversationally, I should voice a few right-wing views and see what happens, tbh.

Monty92
05-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Because of the food.

Really? Because of my famous distaste for smoked and barbecued meats?

Strange man.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Really? Because of my famous distaste for smoked and barbecued meats?

Strange man.

No, because these smoked and barbecued meats are smoked and barbecued rather well.

In short, there's nothing drowned in syrupy sweet marinades with which to appeal to your famously juvenile palate.

Monty92
05-04-2017, 01:16 PM
I sort of assume any male with anything to do with the fashion industry is a bender, to be honest. After all, it's not a proper chap's job, is it?

Conversationally, I should voice a few right-wing views and see what happens, tbh.

Oh no, not that type of design. They work in product and service design.

Still a sector heavily populated by gay men, to be fair.

Monty92
05-04-2017, 01:18 PM
No, because these smoked and barbecued meats are smoked and barbecued rather well.

In short, there's nothing drowned in syrupy sweet marinades with which to appeal to your famously juvenile palate.

Ok...........