PDA

View Full Version : It's nice that Ajax appear to be on the way back.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:04 AM
The world seems more normal, somehow.

One wonders whether this upturn is the result of Bergkamp putting Cruyff's policies into place. It would be nice to think so.

Pokster
05-04-2017, 08:08 AM

One wonders whether this upturn is the result of Bergkamp putting Cruyff's policies into place. It would be nice to think so.

Eldest went on a school football trip to Ajax last month, siad the training facility was outstanding and the coaches were signing the praises of the blond las who scored last night.... they looked very good going forward, a bit like a Monaco lite.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
05-04-2017, 08:10 AM

I hope Celta Vigo muller them in the final.

Burney
05-04-2017, 08:11 AM

I was talking to a Feyenoord fan last week who disagreed. He was very much of the 'Fûck Ajax' school of thought.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Eldest went on a school football trip to Ajax last month, siad the training facility was outstanding and the coaches were signing the praises of the blond las who scored last night.... they looked very good going forward, a bit like a Monaco lite.

I think the training facilities have always been ahead of their time but something went a bit wrong for 10 years or so.

It's a very young first team, apparently. Dutch football is badly in need of a lift.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:12 AM
I was talking to a Feyenoord fan last week who disagreed. He was very much of the 'Fûck Ajax' school of thought.

You were talking to a Feyenoord fan? You realise that they are the Spurs of Holland, don't you? Except for the jew thing.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:13 AM
I hope Celta Vigo muller them in the final.

Why's that, 7? Do you have an affection for the Hibernian spanishers?

05-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Why's that, 7? Do you have an affection for the Hibernian spanishers?

Eh? I <3 Portugal, fùck all to do with Scotland.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Eh? I <3 Portugal, fùck all to do with Scotland.

Encore une fois, en Anglais, s'il te plait?

SWv2
05-04-2017, 08:19 AM

Dolberg is very highly rated though appears to more readily linked with City and Everton than us.

Bazoer in midfield also.

I quite like watching the Eridivisie.

Sorry.

:-(

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Dolberg is very highly rated though appears to more readily linked with City and Everton than us.

Bazoer in midfield also.

I quite like watching the Eridivisie.

Sorry.

:-(

This is deviancy unbounded, sw :-( :jorge:

Burney
You were talking to a Feyenoord fan? You realise that they are the Spurs of Holland, don't you? Except for the jew thing.

Well he described Ajax as the Manchester United of Holland, so :shrug:

Encore une fois, en Anglais, s'il te plait?

Sorry, no time. I have to go and milk the pigs.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Well he described Ajax as the Manchester United of Holland, so :shrug:

You don't seem to be following me. He is Feyenoord, and therefore a Rotterdam chav. How many times have I told you about Rotterdam chavs?

If anyone is the Man Utd of Holland it would be PSV anyway.

SWv2
05-04-2017, 08:23 AM
This is deviancy unbounded, sw :-( :jorge:

I thought it might get lost on page 1 and that I might get away with it.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 08:25 AM
I thought it might get lost on page 1 and that I might get away with it.

I have screenshotted it.*

*I really have no idea what that means.

Ash
05-04-2017, 12:22 PM

Bazoer in midfield also.

Welcome back, Jorge :thumbup:

SWv2
05-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Welcome back, Jorge :thumbup:

Et tu A.

I have gone on record before as saying I am often happier watching European football sides than non-Arsenal PL games.

:vsign:

Sir C
05-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Et tu A.

I have gone on record before as saying I am often happier watching European football sides than non-Arsenal PL games.

That's just because you hate England and anything good and decent, sw.

You sit there in your beret and balaclave, don't you? :-(

Ash
05-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Et tu A.

It was meant in an affectionate way for our departed pal. And I basically agree with you anyway, albeit without the knowledge of players names and skill sets. And there is nothing wrong with that knowledge. I like watching Spanish football because it doesn't directly remind me how crap Arsenal are in the same way that PL football does.

I decided last night that I am happier watching a closely balanced test match between cricket sides that aren't England than watching Arsenal struggle to string a few passes together. wd W. Indies and Pakistan.

Luis Anaconda
05-04-2017, 01:59 PM
It was meant in an affectionate way for our departed pal. And I basically agree with you anyway, albeit without the knowledge of players names and skill sets. And there is nothing wrong with that knowledge. I like watching Spanish football because it doesn't directly remind me how crap Arsenal are in the same way that PL football does.

I decided last night that I am happier watching a closely balanced test match between cricket sides that aren't England than watching Arsenal struggle to string a few passes together. wd W. Indies and Pakistan.
Sadly West Indies' Hope has gone

redgunamo
05-04-2017, 02:05 PM

Tou-Shai :-(

Ash
05-04-2017, 02:33 PM

Yes, that was a Shaime. :-( Really hoped he'd get his ton. A nice bloke too, according to the commentator who was Singhing his praises.

SWv2
05-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Tou-Shai :-(

Hush hush, eye to eye.

:-\

Your thing I seem to recall.

Burney
05-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Hush hush, eye to eye.

:hehe: Played, sw.

redgunamo
05-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Hush hush, eye to eye.

Outstanding! :clap:

SWv2
05-04-2017, 02:57 PM
:hehe: Played, sw.

Kajagoogoo on Awimb.

EIE.

Sir C
05-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Kajagoogoo on Awimb.

EIE.

Limahl, of course. Mark Hamill. Fine hairdo.

Burney
05-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Limahl, of course. Mark Hamill. Fine hairdo.

You ever have one of those?

Sir C
05-04-2017, 03:07 PM
You ever have one of those?

No, I don't think I ever had quite the length or the volume.

Burney
05-04-2017, 03:08 PM
No, I don't think I ever had quite the length or the volume.

So I've heard, but we were talking about your hair.

:cooper:

Sir C
05-04-2017, 03:10 PM
So I've heard, but we were talking about your hair.

:cooper:

I suppose your mum told you :-(