PDA

View Full Version : Old Tresemme just accused the EU of deliberately trying to meddle in the election

Burney
05-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Good girl imo.

Peter
05-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Good girl imo.

Did she manage to complete a sentence that didn't include 'strong and stable leadership'?

Sir C
05-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Good girl imo.

There's some fine British spunk in their eyes.

Won't be the first Junker to fall victim to a British spitfire.

Eh? Eh?!

Monty92
05-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Did she manage to complete a sentence that didn't include 'strong and stable leadership'?

You say that as if the repetition of the phrase is not part of a calculated and heavily-tested strategy.

We are bored of the phrase. But the kind of people who don't even know there's a General Election won't be. The intention is to reach these people - just once might be enough. Everyone else is already on or off-board, regardless of how often she says it.

Peter
05-03-2017, 04:07 PM
You say that as if the repetition of the phrase is not part of a calculated and heavily-tested strategy.

We are bored of the phrase. But the kind of people who don't even know there's a General Election won't be. The intention is to reach these people - just once might be enough. Everyone else is already on or off-board, regardless of how often she says it.

Yes, thank you Alistair Campbell, I am aware of the point of an election campaign.

There is an art to getting a message across, to ensuring a consistent line, and consistent headlines, on your main issue. Simply repeating three words over and over again makes you look like an idiot who doesn't actually understand what the words mean (or anything else).

In the absence of opposition she will get away with it but as an election campaign strategy it is juvenile and amateurish.

It makes no difference, obviously, but when you have seen it done well it offends the eyes and ears.

Ash
05-03-2017, 04:13 PM
In the absence of opposition she will get away with it but as an election campaign strategy it is juvenile and amateurish.

You say this as if Toniblair's verbal output wasn't an endless series of catchphrases and buzzwords.

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Yes, thank you Alistair Campbell, I am aware of the point of an election campaign.

There is an art to getting a message across, to ensuring a consistent line, and consistent headlines, on your main issue. Simply repeating three words over and over again makes you look like an idiot who doesn't actually understand what the words mean (or anything else).

It makes no difference, obviously, but when you have seen it done well it offends the eyes and ears.

She was at Oxford though. Not many people get to call her an idiot.

I'll allow juvenile and amateurish :-|

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Good girl imo.

I've only just worked who Tresemme is. I thought you were on about some rude and bawdy French politico filly.

Imagine my disappointment.

Peter
05-03-2017, 04:25 PM
You say this as if Toniblair's verbal output wasn't an endless series of catchphrases and buzzwords.

Precisely- an endless series. Not one phrase, repeated over and over again, that indicates precisely **** all in ANY area of policy or focus.

Blair's campaigns were a beautiful example of the art form. This isn't.

Peter
05-03-2017, 04:26 PM
She was at Oxford though. Not many people get to call her an idiot.

I'll allow juvenile and amateurish :-|

In her defence she seems to have summoned the spirit of Jim Hacker today. 'Every little bureaucratic Bonaparte in Brussels' ;)

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 04:32 PM
In her defence she seems to have summoned the spirit of Jim Hacker today. 'Every little bureaucratic Bonaparte in Brussels' ;)

Oh? she's certainly got my vote then, if not my sausages!

Quite clever, certainly deliberate.

Peter
05-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Oh? she's certainly got my vote then, if not my sausages!

Quite clever, certainly deliberate.

It wasn't verbatim, unfortunately. And the delivery wasn't up to scratch.

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Precisely- an endless series. Not one phrase, repeated over and over again, that indicates precisely **** all in ANY area of policy or focus.

Blair's campaigns were a beautiful example of the art form. This isn't.

If you're going to win anyway, it doesn't much matter, does it. I mean, could Blair do it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke, so to speak? Donald Trump's recent campaign was far more remarkable for a start.

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 04:36 PM
It wasn't verbatim, unfortunately. And the delivery wasn't up to scratch.

Ah. Fingers crossed then, the loss of my conservative vote in Henley won't make too much difference to the outcome of the general election.

Ash
05-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Good girl imo.

Staggering hypocrisy that many of those cheering on the EU meddling are those who happily went along with the accusations of Russia interfering with the US elections, on the basis of no evidence at all.

Now, I know that hot everyone has a problem with hypocrisy, but I do.

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Staggering hypocrisy that many of those cheering on the EU meddling are those who happily went along with the accusations of Russia interfering with the US elections, on the basis of no evidence at all.

Now, I know that hot everyone has a problem with hypocrisy, but I do.

Unfortunately people don’t normally have ideological commitments, do they, so politicians will almost always disappoint those who do. As will almost everybody else.