PDA

View Full Version : The EU really are ramping up the bullying rhetoric, aren't they?

Burney
05-03-2017, 09:37 AM
One wonders what they imagine this will achieve other than to harden attitudes in this country against them and increase support for simply telling them to fück off?

Sir C
05-03-2017, 09:40 AM
One wonders what they imagine this will achieve other than to harden attitudes in this country against them and increase support for simply telling them to fück off?

I would imagine that they think we will shít ourselves with fear and beg to be taken back into the fold so that we can continue to pay a fúcking fortune to subsidise the feckless peasants of Greece and Ireland.

Have they never heard of British spunk? We will give them a full dose of British spunk full in the face. (Also your mum natch.)

Monty92
05-03-2017, 09:40 AM

I'm starting to think a referendum on the final deal (or no deal) is not out of the question.

Burney
05-03-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm starting to think a referendum on the final deal (or no deal) is not out of the question.

What 'deal'? Because if you imagine there'll be anything other than the most rudimentary interim trade deal at the end of the two-year period, you're delusional.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-03-2017, 09:43 AM

Isn't that essentially what the general election is?

Burney
05-03-2017, 09:45 AM
I would imagine that they think we will shít ourselves with fear and beg to be taken back into the fold so that we can continue to pay a fúcking fortune to subsidise the feckless peasants of Greece and Ireland.

Have they never heard of British spunk? We will give them a full dose of British spunk full in the face. (Also your mum natch.)

It does seem odd, doesn't it? Have they really not grasped that the one thing best calculated to make the British dig in their heels is foreigners trying to strongarm them? I mean, they've had centuries to observe this phenomenon, ffs.

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 09:45 AM

It's not about us; they're just fighting for their lives, I think.

Burney
05-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Isn't that essentially what the general election is?

Exactly. The whole point of May getting a mandate is so that she can reject all and any calls for any sort of extra-parliamentary action.

Burney
05-03-2017, 09:48 AM
It's not about us; they're just fighting for their lives, I think.

Well it's telling in that regard that it was leaked to a kraut newspaper, of course. Suggests they're preparing the member states for failure to reach any deal?

redgunamo
05-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Well it's telling in that regard that it was leaked to a kraut newspaper, of course. Suggests they're preparing the member states for failure to reach any deal?

And they've got elections coming up.

Burney
05-03-2017, 10:03 AM
And they've got elections coming up.

Seems to me the Commission are trying to paint a picture of the UK being intransigent and obstructive in order that, when the member states find themselves looking down the barrel of having to trade with their biggest overseas market according to WTO rules, they'll blame us rather than Juncker, Barnier et al. It's pretty ham-fisted stuff, though.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-03-2017, 10:14 AM

I'm beginning to believe this is all a conspiracy to ensure May gets elected with a huge majority which ensures a smooth negotiation. But I'm probably mistaken.