PDA

View Full Version : It's just occurred to me that with Brexit, they'll have to take us off the Euro coins

Burney
04-27-2017, 03:14 PM
That's going to look weird. They're bad enough as they are with Norway's absence making Sweden and Finland look like a knob and nutsack. Now poor old Ireland's going to be dangling out there like a spare prick at a wedding as well.

Pat Vegas
04-27-2017, 03:37 PM
That's going to look weird. They're bad enough as they are with Norway's absence making Sweden and Finland look like a knob and nutsack. Now poor old Ireland's going to be dangling out there like a spare prick at a wedding as well.

:hehe: Like this UFC Ireland t-shirt they released.that caused a ****storm
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/8utPBb4aNdoUkwBxU7Xhh4Y0GeM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4184733/ireland-tee-small.0.jpg

Burney
04-27-2017, 03:41 PM
:hehe: Like this UFC Ireland t-shirt they released.that caused a ****storm
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/8utPBb4aNdoUkwBxU7Xhh4Y0GeM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4184733/ireland-tee-small.0.jpg

I wonder if they'll think that deleting another significant European country might finally make the thing look too ridiculous and give up on the whole geographical thing as a design?

eastgermanautos
04-27-2017, 03:58 PM
I wonder if they'll think that deleting another significant European country might finally make the thing look too ridiculous and give up on the whole geographical thing as a design?

You guys are tough. You survived the Battle of Britain. Now Brexit. But can you survive the arrival of eastgermanautos in your fair land? Bit of a cliffhanger that.

SWv2
04-27-2017, 04:24 PM

Sky tweeted some picture or image in the aftermath of the British Lions squad announcement – showed England, Wales, Scotland and NI only – overlooking the fact that all of Ireland are included.

Some very angry dude, a professor in Trinity no less, wrote in to the Independent last week presumably apoplectic at what he say as a slight on Irish rugby, sport and people.

He DEMANDED an official apology to the people of Ireland.

Then blowing his cover he also demanded that Sky give free coverage to all people in Ireland for the duration of the tour.

Fúcking dick.

redgunamo
04-27-2017, 05:07 PM
By
Sky tweeted some picture or image in the aftermath of the British Lions squad announcement – showed England, Wales, Scotland and NI only – overlooking the fact that all of Ireland are included.

Some very angry dude, a professor in Trinity no less, wrote in to the Independent last week presumably apoplectic at what he say as a slight on Irish rugby, sport and people.

He DEMANDED an official apology to the people of Ireland.

Then blowing his cover he also demanded that Sky give free coverage to all people in Ireland for the duration of the tour.

Fúcking dick.

Worth a try, I suppose.

Luis Anaconda
04-28-2017, 08:11 AM
I terms of the Euro, you could argue it was strange to have the UK on there in the first place

Billy Goat Sverige
04-28-2017, 08:27 AM

Surely only the countries using it as a currency should be on there anyway?

redgunamo
04-28-2017, 08:59 AM
I terms of the Euro, you could argue it was strange to have the UK on there in the first place

Yeah, they blew an awful lot of sugar up our arses to get us to join in. Their disappointment has been fathomless.

Ash
04-28-2017, 09:08 AM
Surely only the countries using it as a currency should be on there anyway?

EDIT: Oops, wrong reply.

Ash
04-28-2017, 09:10 AM

In practical terms, reminting the currency every time someone joins or leaves (I expect there will be more of the latter) is probably not wise. It doesn't really matter whether the map is up to date. We had no problems using coins with George VI on long after he'd pegged out. :old:

redgunamo
04-28-2017, 09:14 AM
In practical terms, reminting the currency every time someone joins or leaves (I expect there will be more of the latter) is probably not wise. It doesn't really matter whether the map is up to date. We had no problems using coins with George VI on long after he'd pegged out. :old:

It *is* a little hubristic though, ain't it. Like all those mightily impressive, yet-to-be-built-let-alone-paid-for buildings on their banknotes.

Burney
04-28-2017, 09:15 AM

Nonsense! I shall henceforth deface every Euro coin I have by removing the United Kingdom from it. This is a matter of principle.

Burney
04-28-2017, 09:16 AM
It *is* a little hubristic though, ain't it. Like all those mightily impressive, yet-to-be-built-let-alone-paid-for buildings on their banknotes.

Yes. Almost like they were proclaiming some sort of quasi-Imperium... :rubchin:

redgunamo
04-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Yes. Almost like they were proclaiming some sort of quasi-Imperium... :rubchin:

https://gagada.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/meinreich.jpg?w=1400

Ash
04-28-2017, 09:30 AM
https://gagada.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/meinreich.jpg?w=1400

There really is a remarkable likeness, isn't there? :sherlock: