PDA

View Full Version : “The semi-final win will convince *everybody* that with the right energy levels

redgunamo
04-26-2017, 08:17 AM
and the right fighting spirit, the right togetherness we can beat everybody."

I think He means the players, not us :rubchin:

Pat Vegas
04-26-2017, 08:24 AM

What he is really suggesting by 'right energy levels' he is insinuating playing against a team who isn't drugged to the tits.

City clearly are not as towards the game they were hardly moving.

No Pep in their step

redgunamo
04-26-2017, 09:21 AM
What he is really suggesting by 'right energy levels' he is insinuating playing against a team who isn't drugged to the tits.

City clearly are not as towards the game they were hardly moving.

No Pep in their step

No, you only talk about cheating when you've lost, I think. This time we won fair and square so everything was correct and above board.

SWv2
04-26-2017, 09:48 AM

Well personally speaking, and I say this now that the initial burst of euphoria has subsided, it has convinced me of fúck all.

#Wenger out.

redgunamo
04-26-2017, 09:52 AM
Well personally speaking, and I say this now that the initial burst of euphoria has subsided, it has convinced me of fúck all.

#Wenger out.

We are mere supporters, SW. We are deemed to be convinced already. You know the thing; by far the greatest team, we want our Arsenal back and a' that

:-\

Ash
04-26-2017, 11:37 AM
No, you only talk about cheating when you've lost, I think. This time we won fair and square so everything was correct and above board.

Hence it's their turn to complain about being kicked off the park and having a goal chalked off. Reasonably so imo.

Luis Anaconda
04-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Hence it's their turn to complain about being kicked off the park and having a goal chalked off. Reasonably so imo.

Fouls Arsenal 20-Manchester City 20
Bookings: Arsenal 2-Manchester City 5

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (or pick Stones as it turns out)

The tackle that injured Silva (a player who commits an astonishing amount of fouls but never seems to get a card) was fairly innocuous (and not as bad as Kompany's on Mesut).

Can't argue with the goal though - very poor decision

Ash
04-26-2017, 12:03 PM

The tackle that injured Silva (a player who commits an astonishing amount of fouls but never seems to get a card) was fairly innocuous (and not as bad as Kompany's on Mesut).

Yes, I was rather, um, disappointed at the time when Kompany wasn't booked for that foul, especially when Alexis was (rightly) booked for the same sort of cynical foul a moment later. Kompany had another moment when he might have got booked later, ISTR.

Keown described Gabby Pallister's challenge on Silva as "wanting the ball too much" :hehe:. I agree it wasn't particularly nasty. Just particularly effective.

Luis Anaconda
04-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Yes, I was rather, um, disappointed at the time when Kompany wasn't booked for that foul, especially when Alexis was (rightly) booked for the same sort of cynical foul a moment later. Kompany had another moment when he might have got booked later, ISTR.

Keown described Gabby Pallister's challenge on Silva as "wanting the ball too much" :hehe:. I agree it wasn't particularly nasty. Just particularly effective.

:hehe: wd Martin. I was a bit surprised seeing those stats as the half-time figures were Arsenal 11 - Man City 16. Meaning City conceded only four free kicks in the last 75 minutes. I seem to recall Fernandinho committing about twice that on his own in the second half - although the ref missed most of them

SWv2
04-26-2017, 12:45 PM
:hehe: wd Martin. I was a bit surprised seeing those stats as the half-time figures were Arsenal 11 - Man City 16. Meaning City conceded only four free kicks in the last 75 minutes. I seem to recall Fernandinho committing about twice that on his own in the second half - although the ref missed most of them

Fernandinho is a player I like, but a player who appears to have that mystical ability to make many fouls, often little innocuous fouls, with little or no repercussions. Yes he will often get a yellow but the continued fouling rarely sees red.

A domestic Casemiro if you will.

The anti-Xhaka almost if you will really indulge me*.

*please don’t give me stats on how many of GX’s reds have been straight as opposed to yellow x 2

Luis Anaconda
04-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Fernandinho is a player I like, but a player who appears to have that mystical ability to make many fouls, often little innocuous fouls, with little or no repercussions. Yes he will often get a yellow but the continued fouling rarely sees red.

A domestic Casemiro if you will.

The anti-Xhaka almost if you will really indulge me*.

*please don’t give me stats on how many of GX’s reds have been straight as opposed to yellow x 2
:hehe: On the contrary - I agree with all you say there.

PSRB
04-26-2017, 02:33 PM

Quite, Kompany should have had a 2nd yellow in extra time as well