PDA

View Full Version : Lucky lucky Utd.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Drawn vs Celta Vigo, who, as far as I can see aren't even in the Portuguese Premiership this season :-(

Pat Vegas
04-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Drawn vs Celta Vigo, who, as far as I can see aren't even in the Portuguese Premiership this season :-(

:hehe: :hehe: look harder

Luis Anaconda
04-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Fans of team who have drawn at home with Burnley, Hull, Stoke, West Brom, West Ham and even Arsenal very confident of dispatching team who have beaten Real Madrid and Barcelona this season

SWv2
04-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Fans of team who have drawn at home with Burnley, Hull, Stoke, West Brom, West Ham and even Arsenal very confident of dispatching team who have beaten Real Madrid and Barcelona this season

I recall earlier in the season as people laughed at Spurs being put to the sword by little Monaco.

How easy and indeed arrogant it is to dismiss such sides.

04-21-2017, 01:20 PM
:hehe: :hehe: look harder

Ah - they obv call themselves Vitória Guimarães over there. Bit like Basel/Basle, Bayern Munich/Munchen and ****s/Barcelona :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
04-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Ah - they obv call themselves Vitória Guimarães over there. Bit like Basel/Basle, Bayern Munich/Munchen and ****s/Barcelona :thumbup:

:nod: and just to make it more confusing in Italy they call them Bayern Monaco :shrug:

Ash
04-21-2017, 02:17 PM

If Man Utd do the League Cup & Europa League Double and finish fifth, will they be judged to have had a good season?

World's End Stella
04-21-2017, 02:35 PM

Pervert, deviant, etc

Luis Anaconda
04-21-2017, 02:53 PM
I recall earlier in the season as people laughed at Spurs being put to the sword by little Monaco.

How easy and indeed arrogant it is to dismiss such sides.
Not me - I recall saying that Monaco were exceedingly good and a much better team than when they beat us

Luis Anaconda
04-21-2017, 03:00 PM
If Man Utd do the League Cup & Europa League Double and finish fifth, will they be judged to have had a good season?

I would say yes - with the Europa league Champions League spot they negated the need to finish fourth and the league was gone a long time back thanks to Chelsea's run which they could do little about. Others might disagree

SWv2
04-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Not me - I recall saying that Monaco were exceedingly good and a much better team than when they beat us

Welcome back Jorge!

SWv2
04-21-2017, 03:06 PM
I would say yes - with the Europa league Champions League spot they negated the need to finish fourth and the league was gone a long time back thanks to Chelsea's run which they could do little about. Others might disagree

I would concur.

2 x trophy success plus a CL qualification for the following season, all in the first season for a new manager.

Cannot surely be anything other than a success.

Pat Vegas
04-21-2017, 03:06 PM

and Europa league winners get a CL spot now?

Ash
04-21-2017, 03:23 PM

Good point. That prize does raise the value of that competition. Maybe we should take it seriously after all. I can't wait to play Dynamo Tractorworks in the group stages :cloud9:

Ash
04-21-2017, 03:24 PM
I would concur.

2 x trophy success plus a CL qualification for the following season, all in the first season for a new manager.

Cannot surely be anything other than a success.

Would losing the final would be a failure IYO?

redgunamo
04-21-2017, 03:49 PM

Yes. They *have* to end up in the Champions League.

SWv2
04-21-2017, 04:13 PM

Probably yes, I think CL qualification is the yardstick by which success is measured these days.

You and I may not agree but such is life.

RIP football.

Ash
04-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Probably yes, I think CL qualification is the yardstick by which success is measured these days.

Like a trophy, then.

Pat Vegas
04-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Like a trophy, then.

It's our trophy I want it back!

04-21-2017, 04:25 PM
It's our trophy I want it back!

I want our :trophy: smiley back :-(