PDA

View Full Version : Last week we were definitely on the brink of nuclear war.

Sir C
04-20-2017, 08:36 AM
That's not important now, apparently, because we're going to have an election.

Journalists are an odd bunch.

Pat Vegas
04-20-2017, 08:53 AM

Load of old *******s innit.

Rich
04-20-2017, 08:54 AM

Well it seems that Donald has decided that war isn't really in anyone's best interest and has started some de-escalation (with the help of China pouring scorn on the Koreans). So it's very much a case of as you were.

Sir C
04-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Well it seems that Donald has decided that war isn't really in anyone's best interest and has started some de-escalation (with the help of China pouring scorn on the Koreans). So it's very much a case of as you were.

Boring bástard. My advice would be, never miss the chance to nuke a commie.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 09:32 AM

The Donald has never much fancied war. However, what he will not, cannot, tolerate is our enemies, or our friends, for that matter, taking the piss.

Sir C
04-20-2017, 09:35 AM
The Donald has never much fancied war. However, what he will not, cannot, tolerate is our enemies, or our friends, for that matter, taking the piss.

Ah, you're back. All sorted, I take it? We can breathe easily again.

wd r.

Peter
04-20-2017, 09:45 AM

Fake news, innit. Elections are just a distraction from what the government is really up to. Its all them wealth extractors up to no good.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Ah, you're back. All sorted, I take it? We can breathe easily again.

wd r.

It merely remains to be seen if everyone gets the message; Bad Guys: Don't even think about using CBRWs on the battlefield, or indeed, anywhere else. NATO: Put your hand in your pocket, it's your round.

Sir C
04-20-2017, 09:50 AM
Fake news, innit. Elections are just a distraction from what the government is really up to. Its all them wealth extractors up to no good.

You're going to have to expand a little, p. I've got three apparently unconnected sentences there and I'm floundering a bit.

Actually, it's a decent start for a Springsteen protest song. Have you heard, he's apparently recorded an anti-Trump number? I do wish he wouldn't embarrass himself like this :-(

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 09:50 AM

Decent lads though, on the whole. Just a bit gullible.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Decent lads though, on the whole. Just a bit gullible.

Very true, r. Though I believe the more correct term is thirsty

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Very true, r. Though I believe the more correct term is thirsty

:hehe: Indeed.

Tony C
04-20-2017, 10:26 AM
I was reading up on the Korean War because it's the 1 war I know very little about....only knew the basics.

It was interesting to find out that the US completely firebombed and napalmed 18 of North Korea's cities so I can pretty much get why they would be pretty annoyed.

And to be fair...they've gone about their resentment in a classy way....well classy compared to the approach ISIS has taken.

I don't see any North Korean's flying planes into buildings or driving lorries into groups of innocent bystanders.

Nope...just your standard 007 style assignation and a game of b ball with Dennis Rodman.

By the way....google / Wikipedia the Axe Murderer incident....staggering yet somewhat comical.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 10:35 AM
I was reading up on the Korean War because it's the 1 war I know very little about....only knew the basics.

It was interesting to find out that the US completely firebombed and napalmed 18 of North Korea's cities so I can pretty much get why they would be pretty annoyed.

And to be fair...they've gone about their resentment in a classy way....well classy compared to the approach ISIS has taken.

I don't see any North Korean's flying planes into buildings or driving lorries into groups of innocent bystanders.

Nope...just your standard 007 style assignation and a game of b ball with Dennis Rodman.

By the way....google / Wikipedia the Axe Murderer incident....staggering yet somewhat comical.

Amongst Americans, it's the forgotten war, in many ways. 'Nam gets all the publicity. There's always conflict and bitterness and resentment between veterans of either and/or both conflicts.

Sir C
04-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Amongst Americans, it's the forgotten war, in many ways. 'Nam gets all the publicity. There's always conflict and bitterness and resentment between veterans of either and/or both conflicts.

The poor old Gloucesters :-(

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 11:03 AM
The poor old Gloucesters :-(

The Glorious :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2017, 11:12 AM

It gave us MASH, lest we forget

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 11:14 AM
It gave us MASH, lest we forget

Right. And Rambo.

John Rambo, I mean. Not young Aaron Ramsey.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Right. And Rambo.

John Rambo, I mean. Not young Aaron Ramsey.

Right And Good Morning Vietnam

The movie I mean Not the breakfast show