PDA

View Full Version : Allegri...shut out Barca over both legs

Tony C
04-20-2017, 01:23 AM
And to be honest they were good value for the win...did a right number on them.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 10:00 AM

Yes, I'm surprised they didn't win actually, with that forward line of theirs. The Arsenal may prove a bit of an eye-opener for him, if he joins us in the Summer :-\

SWv2
04-20-2017, 10:09 AM
I watched Dortmund v Monaco, very enjoyable.

Great week of CL games. Wd CL.

Sir C
04-20-2017, 10:11 AM

Barca looked utterly toothless, a shadow of the team of a couple of years ago. On the other hand, Chielini and Bonnucci are a pair of monsters.

wd juve.

Tony C
04-20-2017, 10:15 AM
that PSG result was a bit too unbelievable for my liking.

SWv2
04-20-2017, 10:26 AM
that PSG result was a bit too unbelievable for my liking.

It is important to not allow one’s dislike of Barcelona to cloud the issue here and as a result to completely overlook the huge part PSG played in their own downfall in this game. Of course this would go against the conspiracy theory that some love to indulge in.

During the game both Cavani and especially Di Maria had chances to put the game completely beyond Barcelona but failed, goals which would have completely dismissed the possibility of the final outcome as it evolved. Essentially the PSG shat their pants.

The one shame that came from the final result was the almost unanimous overlooking of the simply outrageous piece of cheating by Suarez to win the penalty, in such a high profile match. For shame.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Barca looked utterly toothless, a shadow of the team of a couple of years ago. On the other hand, Chielini and Bonnucci are a pair of monsters.

wd juve.

Right. But didn't every team use to have a pair of backs of that sort? Probably just my memory playing tricks on me again.

As my ten year-old son put it the other day, with a wisdom far beyond his years, I felt; at the top level, slow defenders should *never* be beaten for pace.

SWv2
04-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Right. But didn't every team use to have a pair of backs of that sort? Probably just my memory playing tricks on me again.

As my ten year-old son put it the other day, with a wisdom far beyond his years, I felt; at the top level, slow defenders should *never* be beaten for pace.

Juventus look like a proper football team.

Defenders whose prime, some may say only, purpose is to defend by means dark or fair. Midfield players who are full of energy and not afraid of the football and a striking department who feature an almost old fashioned big unit but also the chap who at times looks almost portly but will over a season score a **** load of goals. Throw in for good measure 1-2 fancy dan types, or relative fancy dan types, and bang.

Not a prima donna in sight, apart from in the stands.

Even Dani Alves looks like less of a ****.

I for one hope they now win it. Forza Juve (as J would say if he were here).

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Juventus look like a proper football team.

Defenders whose prime, some may say only, purpose is to defend by means dark or fair. Midfield players who are full of energy and not afraid of the football and a striking department who feature an almost old fashioned big unit but also the chap who at times looks almost portly but will over a season score a **** load of goals. Throw in for good measure 1-2 fancy dan types, or relative fancy dan types, and bang.

Not a prima donna in sight, apart from in the stands.

Even Dani Alves looks like less of a ****.

I for one hope they now win it. Forza Juve (as J would say if he were here).

Right, and also considering the players they've lost lately, it's a fine effort.

They'd be lucky to finish top four in England though, mind. Just because everybody would be.

Ash
04-20-2017, 11:49 AM
I watched Dortmund v Monaco, very enjoyable.

Great week of CL games. Wd CL.

Despite disliking BT Sport, I did grit my teeth and try to take out a subscription at the beginning of the season, but their website refused to accept my details so I thought "phuck 'em". Annoying really, as I have missed all sorts of things. Damn and blast British Telecom!

Sir C
04-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Despite disliking BT Sport, I did grit my teeth and try to take out a subscription at the beginning of the season, but their website refused to accept my details so I thought "phuck 'em". Annoying really, as I have missed all sorts of things. Damn and blast British Telecom!

I'm going to say this quietly, but, between us girls, Steve McManaman is actually Ok as a co-commentator. One doesn't necessarily agree with everything he says, of course, but his delivery is pleasingly natural and his views apparently honest and lacking in narrative.

He does appear to hate The Arsenal, but these days, who doesn't?

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm going to say this quietly, but, between us girls, Steve McManaman is actually Ok as a co-commentator. One doesn't necessarily agree with everything he says, of course, but his delivery is pleasingly natural and his views apparently honest and lacking in narrative.

I rather like *all* the pundits, to be honest. Anyway, I'm always fascinated by what they have to say about football. Rather like one is always fascinated to hear what one's dogs have to say about coursing.

I think they make a good job of it too. Current managers and players are reluctant to really say anything so *somebody* has to fill this breach. Rio Ferdinand.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-20-2017, 12:06 PM
I rather like *all* the pundits, to be honest. Anyway, I'm always fascinated by what they have to say about football. Rather like one is always fascinated to hear what one's dogs have to say about coursing.

I think they make a good job of it too. Current managers and players are reluctant to really say anything so *somebody* has to fill this breach. Rio Ferdinand.

Does the *all* include Tony Gale ?

SWv2
04-20-2017, 01:06 PM

I noted at one point on Tuesday evening during the Munich-Madrid game that his co-commentator mentioned how the German had scored 10 in their previous round at which point McManaman enquired as to who they had scored 10 against. Of course he knew, he was simply joshing us.

Scouse **** that he is.

His delivery sometimes can be funny such as his continued insistence on referring to PSG simply as Paris or Ronaldo simply as Cristiano.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 01:17 PM
I noted at one point on Tuesday evening during the Munich-Madrid game that his co-commentator mentioned how the German had scored 10 in their previous round at which point McManaman enquired as to who they had scored 10 against. Of course he knew, he was simply joshing us.

Scouse **** that he is.

His delivery sometimes can be funny such as his continued insistence on referring to PSG simply as Paris or Ronaldo simply as Cristiano.

That famous Scouse wit, isn't it. Alan "Smudge" tells a story of the time when, looking around the ground awaiting kickoff at Highbury, Jason McAteer, with a cheeky grin, enquired to him, "Which one do you lot call the "Clock End", then?" To which Smith replied, "That one, over there." :homer:

They hate us.

World's End Stella
04-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Yes, I'm surprised they didn't win actually, with that forward line of theirs.

So you're saying that strikers are overrated, are you red? :-)

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 01:40 PM
So you're saying that strikers are overrated, are you red? :-)

More that they did their job in the first leg ;-)