PDA

View Full Version : I am rather sensible with my money these days.

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 09:10 AM
but I still find I am spending too much on the general day to day rubbish (household appliances and guitars are exempt)

I wish to spend nothing. No matter how many times I try to bring my own lunches etc I still seem to spend money.
What do I need to do start drinking tap water too?

Tell me the ways.

Ash
04-19-2017, 09:26 AM
but I still find I am spending too much on the general day to day rubbish (household appliances and guitars are exempt)

I wish to spend nothing. No matter how many times I try to bring my own lunches etc I still seem to spend money.

Tell me the ways.

Deffo drink tap water :nod:

I can't do the bring my own lunch thing though. Sitting in a caff staring out of the window over a brekkie at lunchtime is the best part of the working day. Also getting up early to prepare stuff :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-19-2017, 09:27 AM

Tell me the ways.
You have a job, you earn money, you are free to spend it. Chill out

Rich
04-19-2017, 09:30 AM

Tell me the ways.

Starbucks gets far too much of my monies :-( As does the pub.

Ash
04-19-2017, 09:31 AM

That's all very well for you, my friend, with your Highgate property in the bag. Pat is saving up for a place in Ponders End.

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 09:33 AM

I need a higher bank roll LA I want the deposit to for a potential house/flat purchase to grow. The thing is I limit my monthly budget these days. I leave myself a rather low sum to live on. after the monthly bills and the money I stick in savings.

an example I was looking at 1 energy drink a day let's say costs £1.50. 5 days a week that's £375 a year.
The diet has helped as I no longer buy junk food.

This is a short term measure as once I am able to buy the mortgage will be lower than the rent.

Luis Anaconda
04-19-2017, 09:34 AM
That's all very well for you, my friend, with your Highgate property in the bag. Pat is saving up for a place in Ponders End.

Property is over-rated - lunch is far more important

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 09:34 AM

Actually that is on the list of affordable places. I had a drive through there the other week to see what was there.

nothing but cash and carries and warehouses.

I am also considering Essex. Why is Grays so cheap?

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Property is over-rated - lunch is far more important

But the way things are going rent price wise. It seems that buying is a much better option. as I am paying somewon elses mortgage I might as well pay one of my own.

SWv2
04-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Actually that is on the list of affordable places. I had a drive through there the other week to see what was there.

nothing but cash and carries and warehouses.

I am also considering Essex. Why is Grays so cheap?

Because it is a shíthouse. A factor your average estate agent will leave off the glossy blurb.

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 09:42 AM
Because it is a shíthouse. A factor your average estate agent will leave off the glossy blurb.

:hehe: as I said on here recently I can tell when searching North London just from the price that something will be in Edmonton.

However I have a feeling that this years soon to be Premier League Champions the mighty Tottenham Hotspur will have a whole regeneration of the area.

Ash
04-19-2017, 09:47 AM
:hehe: as I said on here recently I can tell when searching North London just from the price that something will be in Edmonton.

However I have a feeling that this years soon to be Premier League Champions the mighty Tottenham Hotspur will have a whole regeneration of the area.

Any area with a train service into town should get there in the end, even if Tottenham is the last place in London to gentrify. Especially with the Overground well integrated into the transport network and reasonably priced. You can get into Liverpool Street from Edmonton Green, for example.

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Any area with a train service into town should get there in the end, even if Tottenham is the last place in London to gentrify. Especially with the Overground well integrated into the transport network and reasonably priced. You can get into Liverpool Street from Edmonton Green, for example.

:nod: Ideally I would like to stick to the Enfield area a little bit more north I don't mind either.
But depending on which rail company runs where as some of these fares are astronomical.

Ash
04-19-2017, 10:03 AM
:nod: Ideally I would like to stick to the Enfield area a little bit more north I don't mind either.
But depending on which rail company runs where as some of these fares are astronomical.

I walked up the whole of the old A10 / Hertford Road (the old Roman Ermine Street) from the City to the M25 yesterday so saw quite a bit of the Enfield area close up. If you like Turkish restaurants and shops, it's well-provided :hehe: .

Burney
04-19-2017, 10:06 AM
I walked up the whole of the old A10 / Hertford Road (the old Roman Ermine Street) from the City to the M25 yesterday so saw quite a bit of the Enfield area close up. If you like Turkish restaurants and shops, it's well-provided :hehe: .

I probably drove past you at some point. :hehe:

Ash
04-19-2017, 10:13 AM
I probably drove past you at some point. :hehe:

Did you nip down the road for a kebab then? Or to go to one of the Lidls every mile or so?

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:14 AM

That's a long way!

I like being up that part of London. I am always finding new places to go. just found Friern Barnet Retail park off the North Circular. takes me 10 mins tops to get there. Maybe I'll buy a flat in the former mental home.

Much better than going to up the Cambridge Road where Toys R us is.

Burney
04-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Did you nip down the road for a kebab then? Or to go to one of the Lidls every mile or so?

No. I live in Ware and work in Enfield, so the Great Cambridge Road (as the A10 rather grandly styles itself) is wearyingly familiar to me.

Mind you, it gets rather pleasant once you're past the M25 and Cheshunt.

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:16 AM

I hate Lidl. I am not a snob but, I hate Lidl.

The only one I will go to is the one in Palace Exchange for the free parking but I will avoid it as much as possible.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:17 AM
That's a long way!

I like being up that part of London. I am always finding new places to go. just found Friern Barnet Retail park off the North Circular. takes me 10 mins tops to get there. Maybe I'll buy a flat in the former mental home.

Home to roost

Have you paid the fag fine ?

Burney
04-19-2017, 10:18 AM
I hate Lidl. I am not a snob but, I hate Lidl.

The only one I will go to is the one in Palace Exchange for the free parking but I will avoid it as much as possible.

I like to pop into the Palace Exchange one now and again to see what their latest foreign food promotion is - and occasionally to purchase worrying cheap lobsters.

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:19 AM
Home to roost

Have you paid the fag fine ?

I paid it immediately.
But if that is the cost of being a homosexual man then I am proud to pay.

Ash
04-19-2017, 10:20 AM
No. I live in Ware and work in Enfield, so the Great Cambridge Road (as the A10 rather grandly styles itself) is wearyingly familiar to me.

Mind you, it gets rather pleasant once you're past the M25 and Cheshunt.

Ah, I was on what I assume was the old version of the A10 - the Hertford Road. From the days when roads went through places rather than round them. (And it was actually monday).

Viva Prat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Ah, I was on what I assume was the old version of the A10 - the Hertford Road. From the days when roads went through places rather than round them. (And it was actually monday).

Ware did your walk start from ?

Pat Vegas
I like to pop into the Palace Exchange one now and again to see what their latest foreign food promotion is - and occasionally to purchase worrying cheap lobsters.

Everytime I go in there they have those whole serrano type hams on a stand, I always consider buying won but resist.

Ash
Friern Barnet Retail park off the North Circular.

I had a look for fridge-freezers in there. Actually ended up getting one from Tottenham Hale. :hide:

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:22 AM

In that case I probably drove past you. the A10 is the one goes to Seven Sisters?

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:23 AM
I had a look for fridge-freezers in there. Actually ended up getting one from Tottenham Hale. :hide:

Do they still have that Asda home place there? it has a Woolworths type quality about it.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:24 AM
I paid it immediately.
But if that is the cost of being a homosexual man then I am proud to pay.

A funds overflow account might help you to moderate your income and save a set amount of pound coins

Also DO NOT fall for beggar shysters

Perhaps you could become a beggar shyster
They go home by chauffeur driven cars

Pat Vegas
04-19-2017, 10:26 AM
A funds overflow account might help you to moderate your income and save a set amount of pound coins

Also DO NOT fall for beggar shysters

Perhaps you could become a beggar shyster
They go home by chauffeur driven cars

I was thinking I should just withdraw cash for the month and spend that only.
I was under the assumption paying by card is better as you spend the exact amounts but maybe not.

Ash
04-19-2017, 10:39 AM
In that case I probably drove past you. the A10 is the one goes to Seven Sisters?

Yes. Haggerston, Dalston Kingsland, Stoke Newington, Stamford Hill, Seven Sisters, Tottingham High Road, Edmonton, Ponders End, Freezy Water.

Sir C
04-19-2017, 10:49 AM
I need a higher bank roll LA I want the deposit to for a potential house/flat purchase to grow. The thing is I limit my monthly budget these days. I leave myself a rather low sum to live on. after the monthly bills and the money I stick in savings.

an example I was looking at 1 energy drink a day let's say costs £1.50. 5 days a week that's £375 a year.
The diet has helped as I no longer buy junk food.

This is a short term measure as once I am able to buy the mortgage will be lower than the rent.

Wait until you're paying to maintain your own place. It's never ending.