PDA

View Full Version : Three at the back

George Morrell's Tache
04-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Is this the first time Wenger has played a back three? I can't think of another instance...

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Is this the first time Wenger has played a back three? I can't think of another instance...

When he joined Arsenal, he inherited a back 3 formation and stuck with it until the end of that season. Since then, it has been a back 4.

George Morrell's Tache
04-17-2017, 07:47 PM
When he joined Arsenal, he inherited a back 3 formation and stuck with it until the end of that season. Since then, it has been a back 4. Thanks. I don't remember that...

taxman10
04-17-2017, 08:10 PM
Commentary says he hasn't played a back 3 for 20 years. In the meantime we have conceded the equaliser

Tony C
04-18-2017, 02:57 AM
I've been calling for this for years so quite pleased...finally no more square pegs in round holes with everyone in their natural positions.

Special mention to Ox who put in a proper shift down the right and gave a top class interview afterwards...it seems the fans turning on them at Palace got to them.

Still a few kinks to work out but we can iron those out. Glad Boro equalised and made it into a test.

Mustafi will thrive in the system...likes to come forward with his interceptions so he'll give us more momentum from deep...Also Bellerin on the right and Ox inside for Ramsey.

Interesting that new player we've supposedly signed on a free is a top class left wing back.

Hopefully we stick with it for the rest of the season....win or lose it's miles better than us completely failing with the 4231 or whatever the **** it was we were playing.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-18-2017, 09:18 AM

Still a lot of shambolic defending on display.

SWv2
04-18-2017, 09:20 AM
I've been calling for this for years so quite pleased...finally no more square pegs in round holes with everyone in their natural positions.

Special mention to Ox who put in a proper shift down the right and gave a top class interview afterwards...it seems the fans turning on them at Palace got to them.

Still a few kinks to work out but we can iron those out. Glad Boro equalised and made it into a test.

Mustafi will thrive in the system...likes to come forward with his interceptions so he'll give us more momentum from deep...Also Bellerin on the right and Ox inside for Ramsey.

Interesting that new player we've supposedly signed on a free is a top class left wing back.

Hopefully we stick with it for the rest of the season....win or lose it's miles better than us completely failing with the 4231 or whatever the **** it was we were playing.

Next season will be Ox's breakthrough year.

:-|

Billy Goat Sverige
04-18-2017, 09:21 AM
Next season will be Ox's breakthrough year.

:-|

Saw a few stories about Liverpool paying £30m for him. I'd carry him there on my back.

IUFG
04-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Still a lot of shambolic defending on display.

that's our standard approach to defending these days, I'm afraid :-(

World's End Stella
04-18-2017, 09:34 AM
that's our standard approach to defending these days, I'm afraid :-(

Anyone who thinks the problem with our defending is down to the formation is either naïve, stupid, ignorant or all three.

I noticed our Welsh midfielder standing next to Giroud, I watched us give the ball away, I watched 3 Boro players running at our back three with only Xhaka in midfield and I smiled at the idea that 343 was the solution. :hehe:

Burney
04-18-2017, 10:09 AM

Your mum likes three at the back

Ash
04-18-2017, 01:12 PM

Agreed about the Ox. MOTM for me, but of course it went to the bloke who gave it away 73 times.

Speaking of Kinks, saw Ray Davies in Highgate last week.