Budapest without the kids :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 08:03 AM
:thumbup: I have yet to visit Budapest.

Rich
04-13-2017, 08:05 AM
10 Characters.

No Arsenal again :cloud9:

Work, pub, wine, BBQ, walk, chocolate, work.

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 08:06 AM
Work, pub, wine, BBQ, walk, chocolate, work.

This sort of weekend is bad for my diet. but I will resist.
I had limited myself to eating 4 Cadburys mini eggs yesterday and that's it.
Why are they so stingy on the yellow ones? they are the best ones.

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:13 AM
10 Characters.

Glw's family visiting until Saturday. Tomorrow I will arise at 4:30 to get my 3kg pork shoulder on the smoker :cloud9:

Pokster
04-13-2017, 08:14 AM
:thumbup: I have yet to visit Budapest.

Our eldest is on a school trip to Ajax, gets 5 training sessions, 2 matches and home tickets to watch them on Sunday... lucky git

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Budapest without the kids :cloud9:

I was last in Budapest in 1983. It was really pretty, even under the circumstances of the time. Plus a man sold me some sausage in the street. The best street sausage I've ever had. (I hadn't eaten for 24 hours.)

Rich
04-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Glw's family visiting until Saturday. Tomorrow I will arise at 4:30 to get my 3kg pork shoulder on the smoker :cloud9:

Best go easy on the vin de Bordeaux tonight then, old chap.

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 08:19 AM
I was last in Budapest in 1983. It was really pretty, even under the circumstances of the time. Plus a man sold me some sausage in the street. The best street sausage I've ever had. (I hadn't eaten for 24 hours.)

Is it anything like Vienna?
I was sold an amazing sausage in a box with some chips in Vienna

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:19 AM

Went there a couple of years ago. Lovely place imo. Terrible food, of course, but great wine. Very fond of it.

Also, their Prime Minister is a sound sort of a fellow.

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:20 AM

Do you still use your oven?

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Best go easy on the vin de Bordeaux tonight then, old chap.

Have you suffered a blow to the head? Tonight is the start of a bank holiday weekend; I shall indulge until I fall.

The alrm clock will drag me rudely into an inferno of pounding head and sweating tomorrow, then an hour's work on the barbecue and a 5 mile run will put all to rights.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-13-2017, 08:21 AM
10 Characters.

Build a log cabin in the place formerly occupied by shed.

Sir C
Do you still use your oven?

:hehe: Before I got this beast I read people saying that they don't used their ovens indoors any more and scoffed, but I can almost see their point now.

Pat Vegas
Build a log cabin in the place formerly occupied by shed.

Then put all the **** that came out of the shed and put it in the log cabin?

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Have you suffered a blow to the head? Tonight is the start of a bank holiday weekend; I shall indulge until I fall.

The alrm clock will drag me rudely into an inferno of pounding head and sweating tomorrow, then an hour's work on the barbecue and a 5 mile run will put all to rights.

Still, it's preferable to the old days, when you'd have been on it until 4am and had to start smoking your pork shoulder while twitching.

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:23 AM
:hehe: Before I got this beast I read people saying that they don't used their ovens indoors any more and scoffed, but I can almost see their point now.

I shudder to think what your emissions are like.

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:23 AM
Is it anything like Vienna?
I was sold an amazing sausage in a box with some chips in Vienna

It's like all central European capitals, really. They all look the samew to me.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Then put all the **** that came out of the shed and put it in the log cabin?

:nono: that's all in the skip. Exercise bike, x trainer and inflatable spa. Mid-life crisis or what?

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Still, it's preferable to the old days, when you'd have been on it until 4am and had to start smoking your pork shoulder while twitching.

True enough. In related news, I felt a movement of air through my left nostril this morning for the first time in about 15 years. Imagine having two working nostrils! What a moment that would be.

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:25 AM
I shudder to think what your emissions are like.

It has the optional catalytic converter.

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 08:27 AM
It's like all central European capitals, really. They all look the samew to me.

Weird Traffic lights, exotic police/ambulance sirens, restaurants and cafes with those tent so you can sit outside, gypsy beggars, the sense that nazi's where here once upon and time, and the potential of an allan attack at any moment, Town squares where English football hooligans congregate.

That sort of thing?

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:27 AM
True enough. In related news, I felt a movement of air through my left nostril this morning for the first time in about 15 years. Imagine having two working nostrils! What a moment that would be.

Oh, dear. :-( I'm a bit worried that suddenly being able to smell again may come as a terrible shock to you.

You could be like Gulliver at the end of the book, where he's so disgusted by humanity having seen it in close up that he shuts himself away.

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Weird Traffic lights, exotic police/ambulance sirens, restaurants and cafes with those tent so you can sit outside, gypsy beggars, the sense that nazi's where here once upon and time, and the potential of an allan attack at any moment, Town squares where English football hooligans congregate.

That sort of thing?

In my experience of Eastern Europe, Nazis are very much still there, bless em.

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 08:28 AM
:nono: that's all in the skip. Exercise bike, x trainer and inflatable spa. Mid-life crisis or what?

If I had a garden I would be doing the same. in the flat I live now which I am renting I've done as much as I can possibly do to make it nicer but I get bored. there is nothing else I can add or move around.

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:29 AM
Oh, dear. :-( I'm a bit worried that suddenly being able to smell again may come as a terrible shock to you.

You could be like Gulliver at the end of the book, where he's so disgusted by humanity having seen it in close up that he shuts himself away.

Oh, I hold no hope for the smellbuds functioning again. I'm just excited at the prospect of being able to breathe efficiently.

I'm going to buy some hooter spray to see if that will help.

PSRB
04-13-2017, 08:29 AM
10 Characters.

Drive to Surrey tonight for 3 days and then back on Monday and fly out to Portugal for 9 days on Monday evening :-)

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Drive to Surrey tonight for 3 days and then back on Monday and fly out to Portugal for 9 days on Monday evening :-)

I don't think it will take 3 days to drive to Surrey :-)

I am heading to Kent.

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:30 AM

That sort of thing?

Yes, and lots of grand architecture suggesting an enormously wealthy, powerful past, causing one to wonder quite how they ended up in their current state of squalor.

PSRB
04-13-2017, 08:32 AM
I don't think it will take 3 days to drive to Surrey :-)

I am heading to Kent.

Get to properly stretch the legs of the new motor, quite looking forward to the drive for once

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Get to properly stretch the legs of the new motor, quite looking forward to the drive for once

I may actually have a look to see how my cruise control works :hehe:
rather than trying to figure it out whilst I am going 80mph.

Last time was funny. 'Look I put the cruise control on it's great' 'oh maybe not we seem to be slowing down'

What's the new car?

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Oh, I hold no hope for the smellbuds functioning again. I'm just excited at the prospect of being able to breathe efficiently.

I'm going to buy some hooter spray to see if that will help.

:thumbup: Probably best. Imagine if you found out you didn't like how - for instance - your wife smelled. :-(

Good call on the spray. Also, a few good toots of it and you get a little buzz.

PSRB
04-13-2017, 08:35 AM
I may actually have a look to see how my cruise control works :hehe:
rather than trying to figure it out whilst I am going 80mph.

Last time was funny. 'Look I put the cruise control on it's great' 'oh maybe not we seem to be slowing down'

What's the new car?

VW Tiguain, loads of new bits and bobs but the one thing they've taken off the spec is Cruise control! My 14 year old BMW has that!!

Burney
04-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Yes, and lots of grand architecture suggesting an enormously wealthy, powerful past, causing one to wonder quite how they ended up in their current state of squalor.

I think the phrase 'Fur coat and no knickers' could have been invented for the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-13-2017, 08:40 AM
10 Characters.

Continue re-building my old '79 Honda CX500 (laterally opposed V-twin, same pattern as a Guzzi). I bought her six years ago in a poor state and converted the garden shed into a workshop to completely tear her down, clean her up, renew what needed renewing and rebuild her.

Then my Mum died, then my Dad died, then my job died ..oy!!

Just got the engine back in so I am kind of half way and hoping to fire her up sometime this weekend.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Honda%20cx500%2079%20%204.jpg

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Continue re-building my old '79 Honda CX500 (laterally opposed V-twin, same pattern as a Guzzi). I bought her six years ago in a poor state and converted the garden shed into a workshop to completely tear her down, clean her up, renew what needed renewing and rebuild her.

Then my Mum died, then my Dad died, then my job died ..oy!!

Just got the engine back in so I am kind of half way and hoping to fire her up sometime this weekend.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Honda%20cx500%2079%20%204.jpg

h, you never mentioned you'd been orphaned, you poor búgger. Many condolences and so on.

04-13-2017, 08:45 AM
It has the optional catalytic converter.
What on earth is this contraption c? I have a vision of an enormous brick built, medieval oven thing in th esahpe of a clay flagon occupying half of your garden.

http://blogs.getty.edu/iris/files/2012/11/gm_00278701.jpg

And for the third time of asking, who is that in your avatar?

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:50 AM
What on earth is this contraption c? I have a vision of an enormous brick built, medieval oven thing in th esahpe of a clay flagon occupying half of your garden.

http://blogs.getty.edu/iris/files/2012/11/gm_00278701.jpg

And for the third time of asking, who is that in your avatar?

That is Tim McGraw, a fine country and western singer.

04-13-2017, 08:51 AM
h, you never mentioned you'd been orphaned, you poor búgger. Many condolences and so on.

Cancer got my mum. Very brutal but blessedly quick. My Dad had moved out to Oz following that and we were planning his first return visit as a father son biking holiday (he was an original Ace Cafe boy ). The bike he was going to use was this very one I am rebuilding so I would have had to get it done.

He had just bought his tickets good and early when he went out like a light in his sleep :-(

Sir C
04-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Cancer got my mum. Very brutal but blessedly quick. My Dad had moved out to Oz following that and we were planning his first return visit as a father son biking holiday (he was an original Ace Cafe boy ). The bike he was going to use was this very one I am rebuilding so I would have had to get it done.

He had just bought his tickets good and early when he went out like a light in his sleep :-(

What a dreadful time you've had, poor fellow. It's amazing how resilient we are, really. We just get on with it and the pain recedes...

You must get that bike done in his memory.

PSRB
04-13-2017, 08:57 AM
That is Tim McGraw, a fine country and western singer.

I thought it was Marti Pellow :-)

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 09:02 AM

:hehe: I was probably only one of the people on here who knew who it was.

Unless Chief is still around.

Sir C
04-13-2017, 09:02 AM

Oh yes p, I am a massive Wet Wet Wet fan, after all.

Pat Vegas
04-13-2017, 09:03 AM

Sorry to hear that Mr Chapman.

PSRB
04-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Oh yes p, I am a massive Wet Wet Wet fan, after all.

I assumed it was for comedic purposes (i.e. not added by your goodself)

Sir C
04-13-2017, 09:08 AM
I assumed it was for comedic purposes (i.e. not added by your goodself)

Actually, he had quite a decent voice, didn't he? Better than Paul Weller, anyway.

04-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Sorry to hear that Mr Chapman.

Hey! - every man must bury his father Fash - when it is the other way round is the tragedy.

IUFG
04-13-2017, 10:02 AM
getting to grips with this bad boy

Burney
04-13-2017, 10:03 AM
getting to grips with this bad boy

Does it do the helicopter noises? I always liked the helicopter noises.

IUFG
04-13-2017, 10:08 AM
you can make it sound similar to a helicopter, yes.

but why would you when it's grandad could do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un4CeV_l3pI

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-13-2017, 10:10 AM
10 Characters.

Crouch End pub appreciation day Friday
Wash the cars on Saturday
BBQ Sunday
Tea with former neighbours on Monday

What a good weekend to have not being ruined by Football until Monday night.

Ash
04-13-2017, 10:51 AM

Good luck with that on the M6-M1.

PSRB
04-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Good luck with that on the M6-M1.

M6>M42>M40>M25>M3 it's a joyous drive :-( Shouldn't be too bad by the time we leave tonight

World's End Stella
04-13-2017, 11:15 AM
M6>M42>M40>M25>M3 it's a joyous drive :-( Shouldn't be too bad by the time we leave tonight

I've done that drive many times, and it was always the M40>M25 bit that went horribly wrong.

Still not as bad as the M3, mind. The M3 must be the worst in the world. #parkinglot

PSRB
04-13-2017, 11:17 AM
I've done that drive many times, and it was always the M40>M25 bit that went horribly wrong.

Still not as bad as the M3, mind. The M3 must be the worst in the world. #parkinglot

I've been doing this drive for over 8 years and the M3 has been ****ed with that stupid 50mph stretch since then

Pokster
04-13-2017, 12:00 PM

A1-M25-M23 down to Brighton on Saturday... drop the kids off then up to Gatwick on Sunday

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your losses, Herb. It sounds like your dad went peacefully and painlessly. Hope your mum didn't suffer too much? We do only ask for our parents to pass away quickly and as painlessly as possible.

SWv2
04-13-2017, 12:56 PM
Crouch End pub appreciation day Friday
Wash the cars on Saturday
BBQ Sunday
Tea with former neighbours on Monday

What a good weekend to have not being ruined by Football until Monday night.

Do you own a dealership or are you just very slow?

I don't do the whole car washing thing myself. We have people that do it for €8.