PDA

View Full Version : Usual "warchest" shenanigans

Mo Britain less Europe
04-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Arsenal are now briefing media that Wenger will stay and will be given £200 million to spend on five players. This will be £100 million plus same amount from sale of various players.

But the players who would leave are then listed, and in my view their joint valuation is not very far off from £200 million. So we would lose 7 or 8 players, replace them with 5 and have had a net spend of nil.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Arsenal are now briefing media that Wenger will stay and will be given £200 million to spend on five players. This will be £100 million plus same amount from sale of various players.

But the players who would leave are then listed, and in my view their joint valuation is not very far off from £200 million. So we would lose 7 or 8 players, replace them with 5 and have had a net spend of nil.

The joke of that story was a £200m warchest to be spent on two players from Celtic, Zaha, and the Sunderland keeper.

LOL.

Rich
04-12-2017, 09:57 AM
The joke of that story was a £200m warchest to be spent on two players from Celtic, Zaha, and the Sunderland keeper.

LOL.

Well given that we won't be in Europe it might be a bit far fetched to get Dybala and Greizmann. Especially given Wenger's wage structure at the club. Anyway, the Demebele bloke at Celtic is supposed to be very good.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Well given that we won't be in Europe it might be a bit far fetched to get Dybala and Greizmann. Especially given Wenger's wage structure at the club. Anyway, the Demebele bloke at Celtic is supposed to be very good.

**** Wenger and **** the wage structure.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Yes it was. But the £100 million figure to be made available has been widely circled.

World's End Stella
04-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Those who support Wenger staying are just happy with further commitment to the status quo. The idea that he will suddenly change and give up on the players that have been letting him down for years and shell out a wedge on new players is absurd.

A new contract for Wenger means more of Ramsey in the middle, Theo out wide, Ox wherever and the same defensive and mental shortcomings we've been watching for almost 10 years.

Surely even the most pro-Wenger crowd would admit that?

Rich
04-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Those who support Wenger staying are just happy with further commitment to the status quo. The idea that he will suddenly change and give up on the players that have been letting him down for years and shell out a wedge on new players is absurd.

A new contract for Wenger means more of Ramsey in the middle, Theo out wide, Ox wherever and the same defensive and mental shortcomings we've been watching for almost 10 years.

I would admit that, but this season aside, it's consistently placed as about our far bigger spending rivals.

Perhaps if they bring in Overmars as Director of Football he can have some influence over Wenger.

Tony C
04-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Out of the £200m can we just give £100m to him to leave and blow the other £100m on 1 superstar :cloud9:

Tony C
04-12-2017, 10:08 AM
I doubt Arsene would ever listen to advice from a softly spoken midget like Overmars.

We need a Roy Keane type who'd slap him silly :nod:

Mo Britain less Europe
04-12-2017, 11:05 AM
I would sell the players being touted as leavers for their value and add the £100 million. That would probably give us over £250 million to spend.

I'd buy Aubemyang and Griezmann and some dirty ****er in midfield and at centre-half. And I'd give more youth players a chance to get into matchday squads.

SWv2
04-12-2017, 11:45 AM
I would admit that, but this season aside, it's consistently placed as about our far bigger spending rivals.

Perhaps if they bring in Overmars as Director of Football he can have some influence over Wenger.

Who we talking about here Richard?

IUFG
04-12-2017, 11:59 AM
I doubt Arsene would ever listen to advice from a softly spoken midget like Overmars.

We need a Roy Keane type who'd slap him silly :nod:

:nod: double team him with Graeme Souness.

Rich
04-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Who we talking about here Richard?

We have consistently placed above one or more of City/Chelsea/United/Liverpool.

IUFG
04-12-2017, 12:13 PM

if your reference period is last season, then yes.

Pokster
04-12-2017, 12:21 PM

Why on earth are you including liverpool?? Our wages are so far ahead of theirs they aren't in the same league regardinmg spending power.

We are finishing 6th in a 4 team league imo

Peter
04-12-2017, 12:22 PM

This is the point. It seems to suggest that spending and quality of player is the real problem. A few years ago most of us would have agreed but he has spent plenty in recent years, brought in at least three world class players, paid north of 30 million each for a couple of others and we have got worse.

It is impossible to ignore that management is at least part of the problem. Everything we know of Wenger tells us that these key aspects will not change as long as he is here.

As for the alternatives, I can cope with pretty much any horrible situation next season if it involves never having to watch Ramsey in a Wenger midfield again.

World's End Stella
04-12-2017, 12:29 PM
As for the alternatives, I can cope with pretty much any horrible situation next season if it involves never having to watch Ramsey in a Wenger midfield again.

I've always said good things about you, Peter. Even during that rather embarrassing Almunia phase you went through. :-)

Peter
04-12-2017, 12:36 PM
I've always said good things about you, Peter. Even during that rather embarrassing Almunia phase you went through. :-)

It is hilarious that not one of you is prepared to admit just how right I was about that, even now. And how right I am always am on goalkeepers...always.

Either way, Ramsey is a useless ****, on that I would like to think we are all now agreed, surely?

Also Wilshere..... he can **** right off.

SWv2
04-12-2017, 01:17 PM

Show me all your workings here Richard.

Try and remember two salient points – 1) your statement that we consistently finish above said teams (please don’t include Liverpool) and 2) my complete lack of any semblance of respect for you as an individual and supporter of football.

World's End Stella
04-12-2017, 01:25 PM
It is hilarious that not one of you is prepared to admit just how right I was about that, even now. And how right I am always am on goalkeepers...always.

Either way, Ramsey is a useless ****, on that I would like to think we are all now agreed, surely?

Also Wilshere..... he can **** right off.

Um, well, not quite on the Almunia and keeper thing generally. But I am so pleased with your view of Ramsey that I will let that one slide. :-)

Absolutely correct on Ramsey, my litmus test for the next manager will simply be this: did he sell Ramsey in his first summer with the club? Yes, top man. No, I'm waiting for the next manager. Also, note that your view of Ramsey apparently means that people like Ash and Charles have a right to be rude to you and Luis Anaconda will suggest you need a new hobby. Funny ole game, football.

Jack is a tougher one. I still think he's very talented but the fact that he can't get into Bournemouth's first 11 regularly suggests to me that he lacks the desire and focus to be an Arsenal player. At least once Wenger leaves, anyway.

Ash
04-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Also, note that your view of Ramsey apparently means that people like Ash and Charles have a right to be rude to you and Luis Anaconda will suggest you need a new hobby. Funny ole game, football.

When have I been rude to you about this?

Ash
04-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Absolutely correct on Ramsey, my litmus test for the next manager will simply be this: did he sell Ramsey in his first summer with the club? Yes, top man. No, I'm waiting for the next manager.

Another manager might have Ramsey's operating manual. He has played very well for Wales.

Sir C
04-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Um, well, not quite on the Almunia and keeper thing generally. But I am so pleased with your view of Ramsey that I will let that one slide. :-)

Absolutely correct on Ramsey, my litmus test for the next manager will simply be this: did he sell Ramsey in his first summer with the club? Yes, top man. No, I'm waiting for the next manager. Also, note that your view of Ramsey apparently means that people like Ash and Charles have a right to be rude to you and Luis Anaconda will suggest you need a new hobby. Funny ole game, football.

Jack is a tougher one. I still think he's very talented but the fact that he can't get into Bournemouth's first 11 regularly suggests to me that he lacks the desire and focus to be an Arsenal player. At least once Wenger leaves, anyway.

:shrug: You're constantly rude about Ramsey, and he's not here to defend himself.

What makes you so precious?

Rich
04-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Show me all your workings here Richard.

Try and remember two salient points – 1) your statement that we consistently finish above said teams (please don’t include Liverpool) and 2) my complete lack of any semblance of respect for you as an individual and supporter of football.

Well! SW! Is there any need for a man to be quite so unmannerly & ill-bred??!

Without looking at the league tables I believe it has been a good few years since United last finished above us.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Another manager might have Ramsey's operating manual. He has played very well for Wales.

He has played well for us in the past. He just struggles in the wide midfield and holding role. Once Ozil leaves this summer that position will be vacant and awaiting Ramsey. Alternatively, Wenger might just stick Iwobi in there.

Pat Vegas
04-12-2017, 02:40 PM

But Mo these 'warchest' stories always come from the Daily Mirror and are always a load of old *******s.

If all the years we had a Warchest was added together. and our recent purchases deducted I'd say we'd probably have a billion pounds to spend according to gossip.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Ramsey had an incredible season where he looked like a world-class player. Wilshere is enormously talented but physically and mentally not up to it.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-12-2017, 02:53 PM

Yet Leicester finished above us and everyone else last year and they spent very little. Good organization and couple of match winners and good fitness and medical teams go a long way over blindly spending money.

Ash
04-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Yet Leicester finished above us and everyone else last year and they spent very little. Good organization and couple of match winners and good fitness and medical teams go a long way over blindly spending money.

A world class diver goes a long way.

SWv2
04-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Well! SW! Is there any need for a man to be quite so unmannerly & ill-bred??!

Without looking at the league tables I believe it has been a good few years since United last finished above us.

A quick peruse of Wikipedia suggests they have won said league on 5 occasions in the last decade, thus 50%.

On that basis I assume they have finished above us in each of those seasons, so our consistent finishing above them is in question.

I accept their last 2-3 years have been in the relative doldrums while we have been lording it up in the top 4 and basking in our 7 competitive matches in Europe.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-12-2017, 03:04 PM

Every little bit helps

SWv2
04-12-2017, 03:05 PM

Perhaps we should have sensed an issue with the old man when he tried to sign him last summer.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:06 PM

I am actually prepared to let Ramsey have a go under a new manager. A new manager could change everything. Midfielders could be given direction and some of them may thrive. If Wenger stays then the likes of Ramsey and Wilshere need to go. Funnily enough, this is exactly the opposite of what will happen. Wenger will stay loyal to players who have let him down for years.

Jack is a lost cause I'm afraid. He is becoming a worse footballer with every passing year.

World's End Stella
04-12-2017, 03:07 PM
He has played well for us in the past. He just struggles in the wide midfield and holding role. Once Ozil leaves this summer that position will be vacant and awaiting Ramsey. Alternatively, Wenger might just stick Iwobi in there.

The flaw in this plan Alberto is that Ramsey has played there quite a few times for us and been utterly useless every time.

The plan without a flaw in it involves selling the useless c*nt.

Rich
04-12-2017, 03:12 PM
The flaw in this plan Alberto is that Ramsey has played there quite a few times for us and been utterly useless every time.

Iwobi is one of the few players to have come out of this season with a shred of credit, tbf.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Iwobi is one of the few players to have come out of this season with a shred of credit, tbf.

Mainly through being dropped before things went horribly pear shaped. His stock hasn't exactly risen in the last six months

Rich
04-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Mainly through being dropped before things went horribly pear shaped. His stock hasn't exactly risen in the last six months

Yes but he runs about a lot and actually seems to try unlike some others in his position. Also, he doesn't fling his arms into the air or shout at his teammates when they do something wrong.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Yes but he runs about a lot and actually seems to try unlike some others in his position. Also, he doesn't fling his arms into the air or shout at his teammates when they do something wrong.

Bit of a lazy **** and defensively rubbish. Again, a new manager might help him, Wenger wont. He will coast for a few years and then start getting injured all the time.

SWv2
04-12-2017, 03:19 PM

No, Iwobi is a player who has not performed well over the majority of the season but due to his youth is more deserving of patience and the benefit of any doubt which may exist.

Similarly Bellerin who has been poor but is young and we know can be better.

Mustafi because he is new and Welbeck because he is generally seen as a nice bloke and has been sick for a while. Fúcking useless mind you.

Xhaka also, decent player. Just being destroyed playing in a team devoid of a plan.

More or less all the others, or those in the firing line, have been poor for many seasons now, poor and/or inconsistent when 1-2 performances make you think they may finally break through but then they revert at pace to being not very good at all. In this elite section I would put every one of those ********s we overpaid Southampton for.

Rich
04-12-2017, 03:26 PM
No, Iwobi is a player who has not performed well over the majority of the season but due to his youth is more deserving of patience and the benefit of any doubt which may exist.

Mustafi because he is new and Welbeck because he is generally seen as a nice bloke and has been sick for a while. Fúcking useless mind you.

Xhaka also, decent player. Just being destroyed playing in a team devoid of a plan.

More or less all the others, or those in the firing line, have been poor for many seasons now, poor and/or inconsistent when 1-2 performances make you think they may finally break through but then they revert at pace to being not very good at all. In this elite section I would put every one of those ********s we overpaid Southampton for.

You're being unreasonable. Oxlade Chamberlain has shown himself to be a very promising player.

SWv2
04-12-2017, 03:27 PM
You're being unreasonable. Oxlade Chamberlain has shown himself to be a very promising player.

Oxlade Chamberlain can fúck off with the rest of them.

Pat Vegas
04-12-2017, 03:28 PM

yep I don't see what the hype of Iwobi is.

I don't trust anywons opinion anymore. I was told for years Jack Wilshere was the best thing since sliced bread.

Pat Vegas

He's nearly 24 Rich.

World's End Stella

Remember our core British five that were going to lead the club forward all signing extensions together? :hehe:

Jenkinson - no longer with the club
Wilshere - on loan
Ox - struggles to get into the first 11 and has one year left
Walcott - overpaid and still not quite good enough
Ramsey - nuff said

and you could add:

Chambers - on loan

And yet we've not won the league for 13 years because of City and Chelsea's money #ianharvey

Pat Vegas
04-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Remember our core British five that were going to lead the club forward all signing extensions together? :hehe:

Wilshere - on loan
Ramsey - nuff said

and you could add:

Chambers - on loan

And yet we've not won the league for 13 years because of City and Chelsea's money #ianharvey

It has been tough to compete but a strong mentality would have at least got 2 league titles in that spell. possibly 3.

Whatever version of Arsene's arsenal team always suffers the same fate. After the invincibles team who imo should have won more than they did.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:32 PM

Promising?? He has been here for five or six ****ing years. At this rate he should become a decent player just after retirement.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:34 PM
yep I don't see what the hype of Iwobi is.

I don't trust anywons opinion anymore. I was told for years Jack Wilshere was the best thing since sliced bread.

Sliced bread is, more often than not, pretty rank.

Rich
04-12-2017, 03:35 PM
It has been tough to compete but a strong mentality would have at least got 2 league titles in that spell. possibly 3.

Whatever version of Arsene's arsenal team always suffers the same fate. After the invincibles team who imo should have won more than they did.

If the bag of **** that Arsene puts out every week has done anything for us, it has reinvigorated AWIMB. So wd Arsene, I suppose.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Wilshere - on loan
Ramsey - nuff said

and you could add:

Chambers - on loan

Jenkinson is still here isn't he?

Yep, that british core are lazy, useless, irritating ****s to a man. ****ing embarrassment.

Pat Vegas
04-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Sliced bread is, more often than not, pretty rank.

I don't eat it anymore.

Haven't had bread since 20th of Feb.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:44 PM
I don't eat it anymore.

Haven't had bread since 20th of Feb.

Exactly. And we will miss Wilshere even less.

He is more like a rare tropical fruit: hardly ever available and when he is you are left wondering why anybody eve raved about him.

Ash
04-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Exactly. And we will miss Wilshere even less.

He is more like a rare tropical fruit: hardly ever available and when he is you are left wondering why anybody eve raved about him.

We'll always have the Norwich goal though.

Burney
04-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Promising?? He has been here for five or six ****ing years. At this rate he should become a decent player just after retirement.

There is some truth in this. AW has shown himself to be insufficiently ruthless in terms of player development.

Is Jeremie Aliadiere still on our books?

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:53 PM
There is some truth in this. AW has shown himself to be insufficiently ruthless in terms of player development.

He is proving to be pretty useless with player development, particularly with british players. I think Arsene assumes a level of hunger and professionalism that more than a few of these players maybe don't possess. He isn't great at tackling it.

Ox could be a good player but he has been of very limited use to us and rarely contributes much over a season. I wouldn't miss him.

Pat Vegas
04-12-2017, 03:53 PM

This is one of my main points for a change of management at Arsenal. Wenger is quite stubborn on his projects which is fair enough.

but imo Walcott has never been good enough and he still is there.

Peter
04-12-2017, 03:56 PM
This is one of my main points for a change of management at Arsenal. Wenger is quite stubborn on his projects which is fair enough.

19 goals, Pat. He might be a ****, he might be a bit ****, but 19 goals. Compared to the contribution of others in the squad he is almost Alexis. He is way down my list for the chop.

Rich
04-12-2017, 03:57 PM

He's confusing, isn't he? I want to berate him but then I look at his stats and feel I can't. I also think that he cares unlike Mesut who couldn't give two ****s about Arsenal. Although I do think it's strange that Arsene said he took a long time (2 weeks) to get over the Bayern defeat. What a softie.

Pat Vegas
04-12-2017, 04:00 PM
He's confusing, isn't he? I want to berate him but then I look at his stats and feel I can't. I also think that he cares unlike Mesut who couldn't give two ****s about Arsenal. Although I do think it's strange that Arsene said he took a long time (2 weeks) to get over the Bayern defeat. What a softie.

Thing is what do I know? I just base my opinion on what I see. Sometimes I see players who I think look really good but Wenger keeps back. I always thought Podolski seemed to score goals. Maybe this was just my impression.

Currently I feel Lucas Perez is not getting a good deal (I know he is injured) He looks class to me. But i feel he wouldn't start at all even if he was fit.

Rich
04-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Thing is what do I know? I just base my opinion on what I see. Sometimes I see players who I think look really good but Wenger keeps back. I always thought Podolski seemed to score goals. Maybe this was just my impression.

Currently I feel Lucas Perez is not getting a good deal (I know he is injured) He looks class to me. But i feel he wouldn't start at all even if he was fit.

All left foot, though. And only really plays against **** teams so hard to know if he's actually good or not.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Jenkinson is still with us and played for the under-23's on Monday when Yaya Sanogo scored a memorable hat-trick in fifteen minutes.

Theo Walcott is a mere 20 goals away from breaking into our Top Ten goalscorers of all time.

Ash
04-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Theo Walcott is a mere 20 goals away from breaking into our Top Ten goalscorers of all time.

Balanced by the fact that he has been the slowest scorer to get to 100 goals, I believe, on the number of appearances.

Worst player to score a hundred goals for Arsenal? Seems harsh on the lad, but there may be a case for it.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Balanced by the fact that he has been the slowest scorer to get to 100 goals, I believe, on the number of appearances.

Worst player to score a hundred goals for Arsenal? Seems harsh on the lad, but there may be a case for it.

Yes. On the other hand only two of the top 10 scorers were not out-and-out strikers and Waclott's goals have come in an era where fewer goals are scored than over half the players on that list.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-12-2017, 05:42 PM
A quick peruse of Wikipedia suggests they have won said league on 5 occasions in the last decade, thus 50%.

On that basis I assume they have finished above us in each of those seasons, so our consistent finishing above them is in question.

I accept their last 2-3 years have been in the relative doldrums while we have been lording it up in the top 4 and basking in our 7 competitive matches in Europe.

I see what you did there.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-12-2017, 05:49 PM

Not sure he has played in that position behind the striker since Ozil joined. I could be mistaken but I'm sure that he has spent large proportions of the last 3 years with a variety of muscular injuries. I have to admit that I am quite disillusioned with Ramsey who seems to be totally lost.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Bit of a lazy **** and defensively rubbish. Again, a new manager might help him, Wenger wont. He will coast for a few years and then start getting injured all the time.

Plus lacks an end product

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-12-2017, 05:55 PM
19 goals, Pat. He might be a ****, he might be a bit ****, but 19 goals. Compared to the contribution of others in the squad he is almost Alexis. He is way down my list for the chop.

19 goals and yet he is as weak as they come. Just shows the level of ability that he does possess and if he has the bottle and basic football intelligence, he could be a top player.

eastgermanautos
04-12-2017, 06:04 PM
19 goals and yet he is as weak as they come. Just shows the level of ability that he does possess and if he has the bottle and basic football intelligence, he could be a top player.

Warchest. :love:

https://www.google.com/search?q=big+breasted+women+in+camo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjxjs22wJ_TAhXGTbwKHVdrDeoQ_AUICCgB&biw=1127&bih=642#imgrc=_6bjhk_StjHkwM:

Boxing24
04-13-2017, 07:10 AM
I like your profile picture.