PDA

View Full Version : I was hoping for Monty's analysis of the current Arsenal league position.

Pat Vegas
04-11-2017, 12:49 PM
but he hasn't shown up.

Pokster
04-11-2017, 12:51 PM
but he hasn't shown up.

Strange that isn't it

Pat Vegas
04-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Strange that isn't it

we are still in the FA cup and mathematics suggest we could still do better. :hehe:

if Chelsea lose all of their remaining games and we win we will be joint top.

EDIT actually no game in hand. :champions:

Viva Prat Vegas
04-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Not even Modd can turn this one around

Pat Vegas
04-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Not even Modd can turn this one around

Perhaps if they got rid of the ****ing sticky at the top of the page.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 01:00 PM
we are still in the FA cup and mathematics suggest we could still do better. :hehe:

if Chelsea lose all of their remaining games and we win we will be joint top.

EDIT actually no game in hand. :champions:

Our position in the league and the performance by the team last night are not relevant, Pat.

If we were to win 10 in a row the supporters would be happy and on that basis Wenger should remain our manager.

This post has been brought to you by the Association of Big-nosed, Sycophantic, Obsequious, Photo Caption Writers Opposed to All Forms of Intellectual Thought.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Perhaps if they got rid of the ****ing sticky at the top of the page.

We can hire a plane or hacksaw to fly a #StickyOut banner

Sir C
04-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Our position in the league and the performance by the team last night are not relevant, Pat.

If we were to win 10 in a row the supporters would be happy and on that basis Wenger should remain our manager.

This post has been brought to you by the Association of Big-nosed, Sycophantic, Obsequious, Photo Caption Writers Opposed to All Forms of Intellectual Thought.

:racist: Canuck.

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 01:03 PM
:racist: Canuck.

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?

Show me even an atom of racism in there. I dares ya.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Show me even an atom of racism in there. I dares ya.

You called him big-nosed. He's a fourby, for ****'s sake! They're famous for having big noses and for meanness and usury, you insensitive pig.

But don't say pig when he's around, the weird fúckers don't eat bacon, apparently. :rolleyes:

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 01:16 PM
You called him big-nosed. He's a fourby, for ****'s sake! They're famous for having big noses and for meanness and usury, you insensitive pig.

But don't say pig when he's around, the weird fúckers don't eat bacon, apparently. :rolleyes:

What if I just have a dislike of people with big noses regardless of ethnicity? :shrug:

Plus he's not really a member of the faith, is he? That would require too much humility.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 01:20 PM
What if I just have a dislike of people with big noses regardless of ethnicity? :shrug:

Plus he's not really a member of the faith, is he? That would require too much humility.

Squirm all you like, your anti-semitism is as obvious as an orthodox jew walking through Mecca on a Friday afternoon. You're like Her Highness Lady Shami without the vaguely boneable edge.

As for whether he is one or not, ask yourself, 'Would he qualify for a certificate of Aryan purity.' If the answer is 'no', he ain't going to be allowed near your daughter, is he?

Pokster
04-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Squirm all you like, your anti-semitism is as obvious as an orthodox jew walking through Mecca on a Friday afternoon. You're like Her Highness Lady Shami without the vaguely boneable edge.

As for whether he is one or not, ask yourself, 'Would he qualify for a certificate of Aryan purity.' If the answer is 'no', he ain't going to be allowed near your daughter, is he?

He wouldn't be allowed near his daughter as she is getting boned on a regular basis by the rugby player

Monty92
04-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Except you're misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't say 10 wins in a row would mean that Wenger should stay. I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans because, like toddlers, they are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

So I was actually arguing that 10 wins in a row would be a bad reason for Wenger to stay.

I've also, many, many times, said that Wenger leaving could be for the best.

Personally, I'd give him a chance to turn around what looks like being our first ****e season in two decades but maybe I'm just a naive, misty eyed romantic who can't see reality.

Burney
04-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Humility? The same ones who claim to be God's Chosen People, humble? :hehe:

Burney
04-11-2017, 01:56 PM

I didn't say 10 wins in a row would mean that Wenger should stay. I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans because, like toddlers, they are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

So I was actually arguing that 10 wins in a row would be a bad reason for Wenger to stay.

Personally, I'd give him a chance to turn around what looks like being our first ****e season in two decades but maybe I'm just a naive, misty eyed romantic who can't see reality.

Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. This is substantially the same side who dicked Chelsea earlier in the season and now I would struggle to back us against any team outside the bottom three. There has been a failure somewhere along the line.

Monty92
04-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. This is substantially the same side who dicked Chelsea earlier in the season and now I would struggle to back us against any team outside the bottom three. There has been a failure somewhere along the line.

But these kinds of runs are not unheard of in football and do not *necessarily* always mean the manager is incapable of turning the situation around. If anything, the reaction to this run highlights how consistent we've been over the years.

Van Gaal had a similar season with Man Utd. He lost his job because of it, but had he been given a chance to turn it around, it would not have been seen as inexplicable. And unlike Van Gaal, Wenger at least has a history of success at the club in question.

It would be absurd to rule out the possibility that many of our current problems are specifically down to Wenger's mismanagement. But it is equally absurd to rule out the possibility that it isn't as simple as that.

Peter
04-11-2017, 02:07 PM
But these kinds of runs are not unheard of in football and do not *necessarily* always mean the manager is incapable of turning the situation around. If anything, the reaction to this run highlights how consistent we've been over the years.

Van Gaal had a similar season with Man Utd. He lost his job because of it, but had he been given a chance to turn it around, it would not have been seen as inexplicable. And unlike Van Gaal, Wenger at least has a history of success at the club in question.

It would be absurd to rule out the possibility that many of our current problems are specifically down to Wenger's mismanagement. But it is equally absurd to rule out the possibility that it isn't as simple as that.

It isn't the season as a whole that is worrying, its the most recent games. Before the last month or so we were just in a familiar three month slump which happens every season. The events of the last month or so are the kind of thing we haven't witnessed in years. Total and complete chaos and a side that doesn't appear to have any idea how to function.

Behind the scenes it has clearly gone horribly wrong and that can be put right over the summer. If Wenger does stay then he must have a screw loose. He is not going to turn this around in two years. For his sake he needs to quit now, as do a number of the squad who have been letting him down for years.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Why not accuse them of murdering Christ* while you're at it? :rolleyes:

They did, obviously.

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:11 PM

Taken on its own and independent of context, I would probably agree. However, I think the context of the last few years of fan frustration and perceived underachievement is too important to ignore. The hostility to Wenger among the fans is now probably a majority position and this kind of run is seen as vindication for those who have been calling for his head for ages. Add in the fact that there appears to be something wrong between him and his players and you've seen managers sacked for much less.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 02:12 PM

Well to the extent that all religion requires the worshipper to be humble before his god, to some extent.

Not sure I could compare the religions in that respect. Without thinking about it too much you'd have to put the Allans at the top of the arrogant list although much of that might be them being bitter because their religion pretty much forces them to live in sh1tholes.

Amongst yer Christians, Catholics are clearly the most arrogant. Infallible my pasty white arse.

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:12 PM

They did, obviously.

Yes, but they would probably argue that he was bang to rights. Which, in fairness, he was.

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Well to the extent that all religion requires the worshipper to be humble before his god, to some extent.

Not sure I could compare the religions in that respect. Without thinking about it too much you'd have to put the Allans at the top of the arrogant list although much of that might be them being bitter because their religion pretty much forces them to live in sh1tholes.

Amongst yer Christians, Catholics are clearly the most arrogant. Infallible my pasty white arse.

Catholics don't claim to be infallible - quite the reverse, in fact. The Pope used to, but doesn't anymore.

Never understood Protestants, who believe in predestination. Can't see the point in that, tbh. Might as well not bother if it's predestined.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 02:16 PM

Luton and Sparkbrook, you mean?

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 02:16 PM

I have said it many times, the most damaging aspect of our performance over the past 10 years with respect to Wenger and his legacy is not that we didn't win trophies. It's the number of times our league challenge has been over in Feb/March.

If you're one of the 10 richest clubs in world football you should still be in your domestic title race most Aprils. I can't remember the last time we were in with a shout late in the season. 2008 maybe?

Ash
04-11-2017, 02:19 PM
I said that 10 wins in a row would change the mood among our fans ....

10 wins in a row would change the mood of any fans, of almost any sporting club, anywhere in the world. And understandably so, except for those struggling to grasp how human emotions work, or how sport works for that matter.

Would sir care for a new hobby?

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Catholics don't claim to be infallible - quite the reverse, in fact. The Pope used to, but doesn't anymore.

Never understood Protestants, who believe in predestination. Can't see the point in that, tbh. Might as well not bother if it's predestined.

I meant the Pope. Was that overturned was it? Be curious as to how that vote came about.

And even without that, I find Catholicism by far the most intrusive of the strains of Christianity. Do Anglicans become pro-life and actively campaign against abortion rights because of their faith as much as Catholics do? I don't think so. Catholics are about the only Christians who don't seem to know their place.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 02:22 PM

Amongst others. Luton, Sparkbook, most of Pakistan etc

Luis Anaconda
04-11-2017, 02:22 PM
I meant the Pope. Was that overturned was it? Be curious as to how that vote came about.

And even without that, I find Catholicism by far the most intrusive of the strains of Christianity. Do Anglicans become pro-life and actively campaign against abortion rights because of their faith as much as Catholics do? I don't think so. Catholics are about the only Christians who don't seem to know their place.

Who needs a vote? If the Pope who is infallible says he's not infallible, he's not infallible because he's infallible. How hard is that to understand?

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Yes. That went in Vatican II back in the 60s, I think.

I think pro-lifing is pretty much universal among most Christians in the states due to the whole pesky 'Thou shalt not kill' thing.

Anglicans aren't real Christians. They're not even real protestants, bless 'em.

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:23 PM

And Dubai, of course.

Ash
04-11-2017, 02:24 PM

What if you just had a dislike of people with brown skin?

Sir C
04-11-2017, 02:24 PM

The UAE, Saudi, Bangladesh, yes. Indonesia, Malaysia and the Maldives, not so much.

Ash
04-11-2017, 02:25 PM

Kensington? Knightsbridge?

Ash
04-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Who needs a vote? ?

Is that white smoke rising out of that beer mug?

World's End Stella

I think pro-lifing is pretty much universal among most Christians in the states due to the whole pesky 'Thou shalt not kill' thing.

Really? That hasn't been my experience. Catholics and the Yankee born again nutters are very anti-choice however the more mainstream Protestants in my experience are much less judgmental and perfectly capable of understanding why 'thou shalt not kill' doesn't really apply.

Sir C
Kensington? Knightsbridge?

:nod: Firmly in the 'shíthole' camp.

Have you seen the vulgarity of the decor in the restaurants in those areas? And don't get me started on the temple of ugliness that is Harrods.

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Really? That hasn't been my experience. Catholics and the Yankee born again nutters are very anti-choice however the more mainstream Protestants in my experience are much less judgmental and perfectly capable of understanding why 'thou shalt not kill' doesn't really apply.

Ah. 'Mainstream' Christians, eh? Those would be the ones who pick and choose their commandments, I imagine.

Not real Christians. Heretics, too, obviously.

World's End Stella
And Dubai, of course.

Dubai a sh1thole? well relatively speaking, no, but I could certainly understand the argument.

However I merely fly in to Dubai, I holiday in a resort which I can assure you is not at all Islamic and very much not a sh1thole.

Burney

Have you seen the vulgarity of the decor in the restaurants in those areas? And don't get me started on the temple of ugliness that is Harrods.

I went there with the Father In Law the other week. I'd forgotten how utterly ghastly it was. It looks like a Cairo knocking shop.

Ash

The noise of the young lads burning around in their sports cars has put me off moving to the area tbf.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Ah. 'Mainstream' Christians, eh? Those would be the ones who pick and choose their commandments, I imagine.

Not real Christians. Heretics, too, obviously.

Yes, quite. Hence their appeal.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Dubai a sh1thole? well relatively speaking, no, but I could certainly understand the argument.

However I merely fly in to Dubai, I holiday in a resort which I can assure you is not at all Islamic and very much not a sh1thole.

Fúck me. It's the lack of any sense of shame that defines this Godless, standardless shítpit of a society we have created.

Why not just admit publicly and brazenly to fúcking goats? It would be less revolting.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 02:37 PM
I went there with the Father In Law the other week. I'd forgotten how utterly ghastly it was. It looks like a Cairo knocking shop.

Oh yes, of course, I forgot to ask how the meeting went.

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Oh yes, of course, I forgot to ask how the meeting went.

It was surprisingly OK. He's a touch eccentric, opinionated and loud, but nothing someone who has conversed with WES couldn't handle.

G claims he's mellowed with age.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 02:41 PM
It was surprisingly OK. He's a touch eccentric, opinionated and loud, but nothing someone who has conversed with WES couldn't handle.

G claims he's mellowed with age.

Ah good. Perhaps you should get him together with your father? It sounds as if they might get along swimmingly.

:cry: I'm sorry, I just had the mental image of your father, well oiled, thrusting his balls into yer sober Yanqui's face whilst reciting Yeats. :clap:

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Ah good. Perhaps you should get him together with your father? It sounds as if they might get along swimmingly.

:cry: I'm sorry, I just had the mental image of your father, well oiled, thrusting his balls into yer sober Yanqui's face whilst reciting Yeats. :clap:

The leg up on the chair was a bit special, wasn't it? :-(

Sir C
04-11-2017, 02:47 PM
The leg up on the chair was a bit special, wasn't it? :-(

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: It is a precious memory that will remain with me forever.

Burney
04-11-2017, 02:48 PM
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: It is a precious memory that will remain with me forever.

Poor Natalie. :-( At least v was spared the treatment.

Monty92
04-11-2017, 03:16 PM
10 wins in a row would change the mood of any fans, of almost any sporting club, anywhere in the world. And understandably so, except for those struggling to grasp how human emotions work, or how sport works for that matter.

Would sir care for a new hobby?

I thought I'd given a pretty concise explanation for how human emotions work when I said that, like toddlers, football fans are unable to rationally regulate their own moods and emotions, and can have them swayed by something as simple as pointing at a plane in the sky or offering them a sweetie.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Fúck me. It's the lack of any sense of shame that defines this Godless, standardless shítpit of a society we have created.

Why not just admit publicly and brazenly to fúcking goats? It would be less revolting.

Unlike you, Charles, I am not a phenomenal snob and I quite like people.

Resorts, provided they are of a sufficient quality, are quite wonderful, particularly for those of us with children.

Monty92
04-11-2017, 03:25 PM

Resorts, provided they are of a sufficient quality, are quite wonderful, particularly for those of us with children.

:AndreaLeadsom:

Sir C
04-11-2017, 03:30 PM

:clap: You eat at Giraffe, don't you? :kidsmenu:

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 03:31 PM
:AndreaLeadsom:

If you're making the point I think you're making, Monty, your logic has failed you again.

And children aside, anyone who makes a blanket statement about resorts is just being silly.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 03:35 PM
:clap: You eat at Giraffe, don't you? :kidsmenu:

I did once, it was sh1te.

Butlins is a resort. So is Sandy Lane in Barbados. If you're unable to distinguish between the two you should have a word with yourself.

Burney
04-11-2017, 03:36 PM

Butlins is a resort. So is Sandy Lane in Barbados. If you're unable to distinguish between the two you should have a word with yourself.

Mate, there's nothing you can tell Sir C about Sandy Lane imo.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 03:36 PM

I went for lunch at Sandy Lane once. It was, as you say, a resort. It differs from Butlins only inasmuch as the clientele have more money.

Same tastes, of course.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 03:41 PM
I went for lunch at Sandy Lane once. It was, as you say, a resort. It differs from Butlins only inasmuch as the clientele have more money.

Same tastes, of course.

There is no hope for you, Charles. You are lost in a world of superficial snobbery where exclusivity, not quality, is your goal.

The same can be said for Ian Harvey, BTW. I'll leave you both to it. :wave:

Sir C
04-11-2017, 03:44 PM
There is no hope for you, Charles. You are lost in a world of superficial snobbery where exclusivity, not quality, is your goal.

The same can be said for Ian Harvey, BTW. I'll leave you both to it. :wave:

Alright, keep your wig on. Take your stick like a man, for God's sake.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-11-2017, 03:56 PM

To defend Charles
I do not think he is a heavy snob
It is just that he does not like any old cheap ****

Pat Vegas
04-11-2017, 03:59 PM

I had breakfast there once. it wasn't that bad.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 04:01 PM
To defend Charles

ty v. Quite.

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 04:15 PM
To defend Charles

There are plenty of incredibly upscale resorts with Michelin star food and luxurious accommodation in stunning settings. To dismiss them all is a nonsense.

Although the devious f*cker was probably just winding me up. :-(

Sir C
04-11-2017, 04:33 PM
There are plenty of incredibly upscale resorts with Michelin star food and luxurious accommodation in stunning settings. To dismiss them all is a nonsense.

Although the devious f*cker was probably just winding me up. :-(

Too easy. :fishing:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-11-2017, 06:16 PM

They did, obviously.

Did they? I thought it was the Wops. But I've never studied much before 1400, so do tell if I'm wrong.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-11-2017, 06:17 PM

But conscript their youth, give them a gun and send them to kill those who live in other countries is perfectly acceptable?

Sir C
04-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Did they? I thought it was the Wops. But I've never studied much before 1400, so do tell if I'm wrong.

Oh, I've no idea, old chap. My knowledge of the matter is gleaned entirely from monty python.

Ash
04-12-2017, 08:42 AM

Yes, it was the Romans, as they are more politely known. Crucifixion was a Roman punishment.

"But it says in the Bible that it was the JOOS ..." wail the Christians. Well, catholics mainly.

Boxing24
04-13-2017, 07:00 AM
what show up to the audience