PDA

View Full Version : Anyway, the most spectacular defeat last night was that of Monkman by Goldman.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Frankly the shouting Canadian boiled my píss from the very first time I encountered him, so watching him hand victory to the Paxman-baiting jewish fella by repeatedly interrupting incorrectly was really rather satisfying.

Burney
04-11-2017, 08:31 AM
Frankly the shouting Canadian boiled my píss from the very first time I encountered him, so watching him hand victory to the Paxman-baiting jewish fella by repeatedly interrupting incorrectly was really rather satisfying.

Poor chap. Now he has to go back to being a weirdo nobody likes. :-(

Must admit, from the first sentence, I'd assumed you were talking about WES. :hehe:

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 08:32 AM

To be clear, this isn't about me, right?

Sir C
04-11-2017, 08:34 AM

Must admit, from the first sentence, I'd assumed you were talking about WES. :hehe:

Apparently the twitchy **** is back in Canada 'looking for a job'.

Lazy bástard.

Monkman, not wes. As I understand it wes is still leeching from us, stealing a job from a decent Englishman #immigrantsout

World's End Stella
04-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Apparently the twitchy **** is back in Canada 'looking for a job'.

Lazy bástard.

Monkman, not wes. As I understand it wes is still leeching from us, stealing a job from a decent Englishman #immigrantsout

Fear not, Charles, this lovely investment bank of mine will have my job in Mumbai, Bangalore or - worse yet - Bournemouth in no time. :-(

Sir C
04-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Fear not, Charles, this lovely investment bank of mine will have my job in Mumbai, Bangalore or - worse yet - Bournemouth in no time. :-(

You can't outsource investment banking to Mumbai, for Christ's sake! What do Mumbaiers know of, erm, investing?

Burney
04-11-2017, 08:41 AM
You can't outsource investment banking to Mumbai, for Christ's sake! What do Mumbaiers know of, erm, investing?

Are they called Mumblers? Of course in the old days they were Bombardiers, but that's racist now or something, I think.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Are they called Mumblers? Of course in the old days they were Bombardiers, but that's racist now or something, I think.

I asked one a few years ago when I was there, actually, if anyone was offended by it being called Bombay, and he said no one gives a fúck (I paraphrase) and that lots of people still call it Bombay.

Burney
04-11-2017, 08:47 AM
I asked one a few years ago when I was there, actually, if anyone was offended by it being called Bombay, and he said no one gives a fúck (I paraphrase) and that lots of people still call it Bombay.

I don't mind Mumbai and Kolkata because they're basically the same as the old names (or as near as dammit), but Chennai for Madras irritates me.

IUFG
04-11-2017, 09:24 AM

********** ****ING SPOILER ALERT **********

I have it recorded. Not a lot of point watching it now :vsign:

:throwastrop:

Sir C
04-11-2017, 09:28 AM
********** ****ING SPOILER ALERT **********

I have it recorded. Not a lot of point watching it now :vsign:

:throwastrop:

:-( Soz, i.

I could be bluffing, of course.

The Insider
04-11-2017, 09:40 AM
:-( Soz, i.

I could be bluffing, of course.

FFS. Forty odd episodes seen and I was looking forward to watching it later today having watched Selhurst debacle instead. Never though I coule be so pissed off with someone that I don't know.

An I liked Monkman, so much better than that **** Seagull from Emmanuel, mind you I am still besotted by Weber from the 2014 SOAS team - she was a runner-up too.

:titles:

Burney
04-11-2017, 09:43 AM
FFS. Forty odd episodes seen and I was looking forward to watching it later today having watched Selhurst debacle instead. Never though I coule be so pissed off with someone that I don't know.

An I liked Monkman, so much better than that **** Seagull from Emmanuel, mind you I am still besotted by Weber from the 2014 SOAS team - she was a runner-up too.

Meh. University Challenge is too easy. Well, at least the questions that aren't on science and maths are. But they don't count because science and maths don't really have any place in a quiz anyway.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Balls to that, it's all about Emma Johnson

The Insider
04-11-2017, 09:54 AM
Balls to that, it's all about Emma Johnson

A very decorative Oxbridge medic (if a little obvious), but no Weber.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535619/Grey-power-University-Challenge-finds-surprise-star-58-year-old-student-shows-younger-classmates-done.html

Sir C
04-11-2017, 09:56 AM
A very decorative Oxbridge medic (if a little obvious), but no Weber.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535619/Grey-power-University-Challenge-finds-surprise-star-58-year-old-student-shows-younger-classmates-done.html

You're a sick, sick puppy.

wd the insider.

Burney
04-11-2017, 10:00 AM
You're a sick, sick puppy.

wd the insider.

To be fair, she would be rather more age-appropriate for you than Ms Johnson.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 10:02 AM
To be fair, she would be rather more age-appropriate for you than Ms Johnson.

Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? You're deciding what is 'age-appropriate' for me now? Who are you, my fúcking mum?

Burney
04-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? You're deciding what is 'age-appropriate' for me now? Who are you, my fúcking mum?

:hehe: My dear chap, if you wish to lust after teenagers, then do please be my guest. I merely suggest you ought perhaps to consider the look of the thing.

Sir C
04-11-2017, 10:08 AM
:hehe: My dear chap, if you wish to lust after teenagers, then do please be my guest. I merely suggest you ought perhaps to consider the look of the thing.

You only find women attractive once they have reached some mystical age you have decided is appropriate?

Some might suggest that is a load of old bóllocks. Not i, naturally, for I understand that you have perfect control over all of your functions, physical, emtional and spiritual. Yes.

Burney
04-11-2017, 10:12 AM
You only find women attractive once they have reached some mystical age you have decided is appropriate?

Some might suggest that is a load of old bóllocks. Not i, naturally, for I understand that you have perfect control over all of your functions, physical, emtional and spiritual. Yes.

No, but I will admit to getting a tad squeamish when they are pretty much the same age as my daughter these days. One of the unfortunate side-effects of parenthood, I suppose. :shrug:

The Insider
04-11-2017, 07:04 PM
No, but I will admit to getting a tad squeamish when they are pretty much the same age as my daughter these days. One of the unfortunate side-effects of parenthood, I suppose. :shrug:

I think that is an excellent self-regulating measure, however given that I am 52 and my daughter 16, I think that it still needs finessing. I would suggest that anyone closer in age to her than me would be wrong. This gives an appropriate lower age limit of 34, reasonable and not in any way wrong!!

Anyway, Weber.......whoooooar!

The Insider
04-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Just watched the final and feel that you were very harsh on the Canadian freak. He carried tthe team in every round and put his balls on the line in the Final, unlike any of his bottleless team mates. Not sur about the bloke doing the presentationn at the end though......he seemed a bit weird!!!

Sir C
04-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Just watched the final and feel that you were very harsh on the Canadian freak. He carried tthe team in every round and put his balls on the line in the Final, unlike any of his bottleless team mates. Not sur about the bloke doing the presentationn at the end though......he seemed a bit weird!!!

But all those 5 point penalties!

He may have dragged them to the final, but his over-exuberance cost them the ultimate prize.

The Insider
04-12-2017, 02:54 PM
But all those 5 point penalties!

He may have dragged them to the final, but his over-exuberance cost them the ultimate prize.

three or four only, on my count and as least as many correct ones........I just think that you don't like him!

Sir C
04-12-2017, 02:58 PM
three or four only, on my count and as least as many correct ones........I just think that you don't like him!

Well clearly I don't like him. He's a shouty Canadian, for Christ's sake! Have you ever experienced a sweating Canadian bawling, "AAron Ramsey is a ****" into your ear at 18,000 decibels?

It's not good, the insider. It's really not good.