PDA

View Full Version : :hehe: imagine if he chooses tonight to say that the two year deal is signed.

Rich
04-10-2017, 08:26 PM
10 hjjrjdjdjfkc

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
04-10-2017, 08:35 PM
He'll wait till the summer and hide until then, spending more and more quality time with the bronze bust erected in his glory.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-10-2017, 08:40 PM
10 hjjrjdjdjfkc

He needs to **** off. If he stays he has no shame.

barrybueno
04-10-2017, 08:43 PM

I think he needs to hang himself Bill

7sisters
04-10-2017, 08:47 PM

He seems fond of constantly saying how he honours every contract to its end. As if signing up for 8million quid per years is some sort of sacrifice and abiding act of loyalty on his part..

Rich
04-10-2017, 08:51 PM
He seems fond of constantly saying how he honours every contract to its end. As if signing up for 8million quid per years is some sort of sacrifice and abiding act of loyalty on his part..

:hehe: I just want the season to end now. He will definitely stay so let's get behind him next year. Too many players have let him down (not just their performances) That includes Alexis and Ozil imho.

AFC East
04-10-2017, 08:53 PM

I think there was a point when we moved into the new stadium it was a big sacrifice. He could have managed much bigger clubs, with much bigger budgets. I'd say for at least 5-6 years after the last title. Not so much now though.

Rich
04-10-2017, 08:56 PM
I think there was a point when we moved into the new stadium it was a big sacrifice. He could have managed much bigger clubs, with much bigger budgets. I'd say for at least 5-6 years after the last title. Not so much now though.

Although - Of the clubs above us, we can only say that Spurs have less spending power. Even when he leaves, I genuinely think we'll fall from being a top 4 regular. Money talks at the end of the day and we don't generate anywhere near the revenue of United or Liverpool. City and Chelsea have owners that will throw money at the club, so that leave Spurs...

Billy Goat Sverige
04-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Although - Of the clubs above us, we can only say that Spurs have less spending power. Even when he leaves, I genuinely think we'll fall from being a top 4 regular. Money talks at the end of the day and we don't generate anywhere near the revenue of United or Liverpool. City and Chelsea have owners that will throw money at the club, so that leave Spurs...

No Rich. We have a team of good/very good players who are being poorly managed.

AFC East
04-10-2017, 09:00 PM

Indeed. The real problem at our club is that we didn't build commercially. Not saying Wenger could or couldn't have done better, but ultimately money is the thing that will make the longer term difference. Wenger's successor will be hamstrung by that and I think we'll fall to a top 6 team quite quickly. I'm not convinced we have great players. We have a few very good players and a few who just can't perform consistently.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:04 PM
We are wealthier than Liverpool. Our natural position - moneywise - is 4th which is why it's difficult to criticise when we achieve at least that. This season we are looking at 6th, maybe even 7th. That is underperforming.

The Rob2
04-10-2017, 09:05 PM
:hehe: I just want the season to end now. He will definitely stay so let's get behind him next year. Too many players have let him down (not just their performances) That includes Alexis and Ozil imho.

sorry Rich what does Sanch have to do to win your seal of approval? 20 odd goals, works his *******s off

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Sanchez could try playing for the team rather than pep up his personal figures actually. Sell him to PSG and good riddance.

I thought he might be the new Henry but he's more like the new Anelka.

AFC East
04-10-2017, 09:08 PM
We are wealthier than Liverpool. Our natural position - moneywise - is 4th which is why it's difficult to criticise when we achieve at least that. This season we are looking at 6th, maybe even 7th. That is underperforming.

Bit harsh then to blame a manager for underperforming once in 20 seasons. We certainly aren't remotely close to the top 3 financially.

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Liverpool generate more money through commercial sales than us. This is because of the success they had in their glory days.

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:10 PM
sorry Rich what does Sanch have to do to win your seal of approval? 20 odd goals, works his *******s off

Don't think he's a team player at all. Swap him for Aguero imo.

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:12 PM

I wholeheartedly agree, Billy. I don't think he will because ultimately the only way he will go is if the board tell him that it's time for a change.

However, what I am saying is that it is probable that we won't play in the Champions League for many years to come (unless we appoint the right coach). However, a change of approach might be refreshing anyway.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Bit harsh then to blame a manager for underperforming once in 20 seasons. We certainly aren't remotely close to the top 3 financially.

No. I have been a Wenger admirer thoruhgout, still am. But 4th is our natural position now. Wasn't always the case during his reign.

And last year we should have won it, Leicester were nowhere near us financially, or Spurs, and yet the battle (such as it was) was between them even though we overtook Spurs in the final game.

The Rob2
04-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Sanchez could try playing for the team rather than pep up his personal figures actually. Sell him to PSG and good riddance.

I thought he might be the new Henry but he's more like the new Anelka.

Dear god. At least he shows some ****ing passion, like he actually cares

Bunch of babies at the moment, why do you think they should all be mollycoddled? Hasn't really worked for Arsene has it?

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
04-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Underperforming ONCE? What would you call last season then? And all this about our "natural" position being 4th - what? That's Wenger's brainwash mantra. We don't have a natural position - we could finish 10th, then 1st....The fact is though, this manager cannot utilize the players at his disposal in the most effective way. This season I'd say some of the players aren't cutting it either - complacent/jaded/disillusioned/misunderstood, whatever the reasons. Last season though, was most telling. One can only pray that, when he gets his 2-year extension and the one after it and so on, that during the remainder of his reign, Arsenal don't register too many more utter Humiliations, because AW's racked up a very impressive display for the Hall of Shame too.

The Rob2
04-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Don't think he's a team player at all. Swap him for Aguero imo.

Why? Because he dares to have a go at players who aren't trying?

Mo Britain less Europe
Liverpool generate more money through commercial sales than us. This is because of the success they had in their glory days.

Last season we generated nearly £50 million more than Liverpool.

Rich

Bunch of babies at the moment, why do you think they should all be mollycoddled? Hasn't really worked for Arsene has it?

They're all ****s aren't they, TR2? Other than Ox, Xhaka and Kos, they can all ****ing go and we'll rebuild.

Sanchez - ****
Ramsey - ****
Theo - ****
Giroud - ponce

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:19 PM

He cares a lot. For Alexis Sanchez. He may have scored 20 goals but he's also cost us loads of goals through selfishness, not passing or losing the ball when trying to to something fairly impossible.

The team was **** tonight. So was he. He has nothing to complain about but he will because it's always got to be someone else's fault.

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Why? Because he dares to have a go at players who aren't trying?

Maybe some gentle words of encouragement would be better? He chastises players and throws his arms into the air like a lunatic. How do you think that makes them feel? He is blessed with immense ability but shouldn't expect others to be as good as him.

The Rob2
04-10-2017, 09:20 PM

are you mental?

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:21 PM
are you mental?

City, Chelsea and United are riddled with £30million+ players in nearly every single position. We have 3/4 of them.

AFC East
04-10-2017, 09:23 PM
No. I have been a Wenger admirer thoruhgout, still am. But 4th is our natural position now. Wasn't always the case during his reign.

And last year we should have won it, Leicester were nowhere near us financially, or Spurs, and yet the battle (such as it was) was between them even though we overtook Spurs in the final game.

People underestimate the importance of not playing in Europe. Leicester and Liverpool benefited massively.

The Rob2
04-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Maybe some gentle words of encouragement would be better? He chastises players and throws his arms into the air like a lunatic. How do you think that makes them feel? He is blessed with immense ability but shouldn't expect others to be as good as him.

this ain't ****ing under 10's mate

not being funny but WINNERS like Roy Keane, Peter Schmeichel, Alex Ferguson...would disagree with you

AFC East
04-10-2017, 09:24 PM
are you mental?

Are we close to the top 3 financially?

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:25 PM
People underestimate the importance of not playing in Europe. Leicester and Liverpool benefited massively.

Yes, and Chelsea this season. But Spurs coped quite well last season with fare more limited resources.

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:28 PM
this ain't ****ing under 10's mate

not being funny but WINNERS like Roy Keane, Peter Schmeichel, Alex Ferguson...would disagree with you

But they don't deliberately lose the ball/miss etc. Do you think him shouting at them makes them perform better next time they're in that situation? Or do you think it just makes them think '**** off you little spick.'

AFC East
04-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Yes, and Chelsea this season. But Spurs coped quite well last season with fare more limited resources.

I'm obviously not saying you can't win and be in Europe, just that it's a big advantage.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:32 PM
I'm obviously not saying you can't win and be in Europe, just that it's a big advantage.

Sure. But that's why we have a fairly huge squad. So huge that the quality is spread too thinly. Hence losing players like Cazorla to injury for the season in a game where he should have been rested.

AFC East
04-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Sure. But that's why we have a fairly huge squad. So huge that the quality is spread too thinly. Hence losing players like Cazorla to injury for the season in a game where he should have been rested.

Possibly. it would also help if Xhaka could play two good games on the bounce. To be frank Cazorla is a walking time bomb and has been for a couple of years. Xhaka is supposed to be the long term replacement, but so far, he isn't.

7sisters
04-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Well, On the plus side, at least we'll be spared our annual last 16 cynting at the hands of Bayern or Barca.

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Well, On the plus side, at least we'll be spared our annual last 16 cynting at the hands of Bayern or Barca.

and also spared tens of millions of pounds in revenue.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:43 PM

Wake up call for Kronke. He has to decide if he wants to sit on a reducing asset. So far he's been on the crest of a wave, the wave is breaking. Either the club invests or it fades into a glorified Everton. Hopefully he will decide to sell.

AFC East
04-10-2017, 09:47 PM

I'd keep that if we avoid the ignominy of playing in the Europa League.

7sisters
04-10-2017, 09:48 PM

Is it that much though ? I thought CL revenue, as nice as it is to have, falls well behind broadcast income these days .
The club earned 100m from the PL last season. Our **** performances in the CL are worth around 10-15

Mo Britain less Europe
04-10-2017, 09:53 PM
CL more like £30 million, plus all the other premiership teams get that £100 or so, meaning our advantage disappears.

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Is it that much though ? I thought CL revenue, as nice as it is to have, falls well behind broadcast income these days .
The club earned 100m from the PL last season. Our **** performances in the CL are worth around 10-15

A last 16 appearance totals the following (presuming 4 wins in the group stage - EUR 25.2million

QF - EUR 31.7m
SF - EUR 39.2m
Runner up - EUR50.2m
Winner - 54.7m

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2398575.html

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
04-10-2017, 10:25 PM

Now that is the real problem, and that stems from the owner who is only interested in the bottom line. We need the sort of money Uzmanov can put into the club. Otherwise forget about competing with City. Chelsea. and the ****ing Mancs let alone Barca and Bayern. Dippers & Spuds are just one hit wonders who won't be able to sustain for 2/3 seasons in CL

eastgermanautos
04-11-2017, 02:11 AM
Now that is the real problem, and that stems from the owner who is only interested in the bottom line. We need the sort of money Uzmanov can put into the club. Otherwise forget about competing with City. Chelsea. and the ****ing Mancs let alone Barca and Bayern. Dippers & Spuds are just one hit wonders who won't be able to sustain for 2/3 seasons in CL

Yeah what about freaking Leicester dummy? Not down to the quality. It's down to an absence of what I shall be calling "The Believer's Voice of Victory."