PDA

View Full Version : How was your weekend?

Pat Vegas
04-10-2017, 08:25 AM
I am £750 lighter from a new washing machine and a new fan.

:-(

Sir C
04-10-2017, 08:32 AM

The Arsenal could do with some new fans #spendsomefahkingmoney

Barbecue action all the way. Bone marrow-enriched burgers on Friday, an 8 hour smoked pork shoulder on Saturday, rotisserie chicken on Sunday.

I am The Pitmaster.

A combination of running and gentle garden pootering had me exhausted yesterday and I went to bed at 9 pm :hehe: :old:

Burney
04-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Two barbecues, lots of work on the garden and I won £40 on the National.

On the downside, the missus was ill all weekend, so I've basically had to do all the cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, etc.

Luis Anaconda
04-10-2017, 08:38 AM

On the downside, the missus was ill all weekend, so I've basically had to do all the cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, etc.
Oh dear - hope you found time to catch Decline and Fall

Sir C
04-10-2017, 08:40 AM

I've got it recorded, but tonight, of course, it's the University Challenge final! #monkmanismentallyill

Pat Vegas
04-10-2017, 08:41 AM

Barbecue action all the way. Bone marrow-enriched burgers on Friday, an 8 hour smoked pork shoulder on Saturday, rotisserie chicken on Sunday.

I am The Pitmaster.

A combination of running and gentle garden pootering had me exhausted yesterday and I went to bed at 9 pm :hehe: :old:

I spent a good hour of yesterday looking for missing cheese.

I had picked up a big block of Parmesan when I went shopping on Saturday. It definitely went in the basket as I had a good look at it. However last night it is not in my fridge, I look everywhere for it, I wasn't that desperate for it but it was annoying me so I cleared out the fridge, looked in the freezers and cupboards just in case. I then decided to have a good look through the bin :-( Nothing.

I even had a look in the car to see if it had fell out of the bag :sherlock:

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-10-2017, 08:43 AM

I cleared out and demolished the garden shed. It is truly amazing the amount of crap that gets accumulated over a period of years. I have ordered a skip to dispose of it all and am now wondering what to do with the space that is left at the bottom of the garden...

Luis Anaconda
04-10-2017, 08:43 AM
I've got it recorded, but tonight, of course, it's the University Challenge final! #monkmanismentallyill
I think there is something on at the palace tonight worth watching. Might be wrong

Sir C
04-10-2017, 08:44 AM

Nothing too unpleasant, I hope? (The illenss.)

Sir C
04-10-2017, 08:45 AM
I think there is something on at the palace tonight worth watching. Might be wrong

If you think I'm missing the University Challenge final in order to watch us concede three from set pieces, you're losing all sense of reality, la.

Sir C
04-10-2017, 08:46 AM
I cleared out and demolished the garden shed. It is truly amazing the amount of crap that gets accumulated over a period of years. I have ordered a skip to dispose of it all and am now wondering what to do with the space that is left at the bottom of the garden...

I'd advise having a shed. A handy receptacle for all sorts of crápolata.

Pat Vegas
04-10-2017, 08:48 AM

get a new shed.

a fancy one and turn it into some sort of workshop.

I'd advise having a shed. A handy receptacle for all sorts of crápolata.
:thumbup: hadn't thunk of dat :homer:

Burney

I did, of course. I really had forgotten how funny it was.

04-10-2017, 08:49 AM
get a new shed.

a fancy one and turn it into some sort of workshop.

I'm actually thinking of a greenhouse. Grow your own sort of thing.

Burney
04-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Nothing too unpleasant, I hope? (The illenss.)

Quite unpleasant. :-( A discreet veil is best drawn across the details.

Burney
04-10-2017, 08:50 AM
I spent a good hour of yesterday looking for missing cheese.

I had picked up a big block of Parmesan when I went shopping on Saturday. It definitely went in the basket as I had a good look at it. However last night it is not in my fridge, I look everywhere for it, I wasn't that desperate for it but it was annoying me so I cleared out the fridge, looked in the freezers and cupboards just in case. I then decided to have a good look through the bin :-( Nothing.

I even had a look in the car to see if it had fell out of the bag :sherlock:

Samuel Pepys buried his Parmesan cheese in his garden to keep it safe from the Great Fire of London. Perhaps you buried yours in the back garden?

Sir C
04-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Quite unpleasant. :-( A discreet veil is best drawn across the details.

I'm sorry to hear that. Please pass salaams and wishes for a swift recovery.

Burney
04-10-2017, 08:51 AM

Would burning it down not have been easier?

Burney
04-10-2017, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. Please pass salaams and wishes for a swift recovery.

I shall of course. Do you think poor Monkman has ever known the touch of a woman?

Sir C
04-10-2017, 08:52 AM

:nod: He could have buried his parmesan beneath it first as a sort of homage.

Pat Vegas
04-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Samuel Pepys buried his Parmesan cheese in his garden to keep it safe from the Great Fire of London. Perhaps you buried yours in the back garden?

I wish I had a back garden.
Only have a small front won.

I decided to have a drive around some areas where houses seem a bit affordable. I can see why. One road was just a long endless road of Cash and carries, warehouses and roundabouts.

Sir C
I shall of course. Do you think poor Monkman has ever known the touch of a woman?

Not a conscious or live one, no.

One shudders to speculate about his browsing history.

Not splendidly isolated enough, unfortunately. And the garden fence would probably gone up as well.

Burney
04-10-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm actually thinking of a greenhouse. Grow your own sort of thing.

Do you have kids? If so, forget any hope of a greenhouse, because they will find a way of smashing it.

04-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Do you have kids? If so, forget any hope of a greenhouse, because they will find a way of smashing it.

The evil stepdad (me) has made sure they buggered off by age 18 :cloud9: There are one or two ruffians nearby but I think it'll be ok. Anyway, most modern greenhouses aren't glass...

Rich
04-10-2017, 09:00 AM

The white wine came out at circa 1300 hours. It was not put away/finished until 2130 by which time I was falling asleep in front of the golf.

Feeling exhausted this morning.

Burney
04-10-2017, 09:02 AM
The evil stepdad (me) has made sure they buggered off by age 18 :cloud9: There are one or two ruffians nearby but I think it'll be ok. Anyway, most modern greenhouses aren't glass...

Yes. I've always had a yearning for a polytunnel. Thing is, though, they're bloody ugly. I used to have a little, heated glass greenhouse in my back garden, but my stepson narrowly avoided killing himself by putting his leg through it while climbing the fence, so down it had to come. :-(

04-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Yes. I've always had a yearning for a polytunnel. Thing is, though, they're bloody ugly. I used to have a little, heated glass greenhouse in my back garden, but my stepson narrowly avoided killing himself by putting his leg through it while climbing the fence, so down it had to come. :-(
Bless him. Not too bothered about the aesthetics but the wife doesn't want to lose the garden area (cat toilet) or the bloody artificial grass she insisted on putting down so it'll have to be no bigger than 8x6 or so. That's my job for the week off sorted then... :-\

Ash
04-10-2017, 09:25 AM

Walked the Uxbridge Road to Uxbridge on Saturday. Southall on a hot, sunny saturday is amazing. Like being on holiday somewhere exotic. Ended with a pint in a pub by the river Colne on the border of Greater London and Buckinghamshire.

Visted some of Ms A's rellies in Befordshire yesterday - another walk in the sun followed by pub roast dinner. Was bloody knackered last night.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-10-2017, 09:26 AM

Friday night was our 10th wedding anniversary. We were in Hong Kong for the week. Came back overnight Sunday morning and landed at 5:30am.

Sir C
04-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Friday night was our 10th wedding anniversary. We were in Hong Kong for the week. Came back overnight Sunday morning and landed at 5:30am.

Where did you stay in Hong Kong, a? I've got a trip there lined up for later in the year.

Pokster
04-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Brazilian meal followed bu the Harlem Globetrotters :) HG was obviously completely scripted but was great entertainment

Burney
04-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Brazilian meal followed bu the Harlem Globetrotters :) HG was obviously completely scripted but was great entertainment

Why were you being followed by the Harlem Globetrotters, p? :-(

Pokster
04-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Why were you being followed by the Harlem Globetrotters, p? :-(

Needed a few tips on where 12 7ft black guys could go in Leeds without being racially abused

Norn Iron
04-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Went to Londonderry on Sunday. Did a walking tour of the city walls and went to the exhibition in the Guildhall on the Plantation of Ulster. Not normally the kind of stuff I'd be up to.

Luis Anaconda
04-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Went to Londonderry on Sunday. Did a walking tour of the city walls and went to the exhibition in the Guildhall on the Plantation of Ulster. Not normally the kind of stuff I'd be up to.

is that anywhere near Derry, Norn?

Billy Goat Sverige
04-10-2017, 10:03 AM

Mostly had a sick kid rubbing snot all over me :-(

Burney
04-10-2017, 10:03 AM

Were you humming this as you went?

:music: They'll fight and don't surrender
But come when duty calls,
With heart and hand and sword and shield
We'll guard old Derry's Walls. :music:

Norn Iron
04-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Yes, Derry City Council exists there :wink: . I should have called it the 'Maiden City'.

The tour guide actually started off with the naming of the City and the arguments it causes. Basically said you can call it what you want & nobody gives a sh_it. During the City of Culture year it was called 'LegenDerry'. It's funny because on the drive over most of the road signs have the London part spray painted over. Mad place.

Norn Iron
04-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Were you humming this as you went?

:music: They'll fight and don't surrender
But come when duty calls,
With heart and hand and sword and shield
We'll guard old Derry's Walls. :music:

Haha I had it in my head, yes. I watched a documentary on the Siege not that long ago. Knowing the song helps to remember the history of it.

Luis Anaconda
04-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Yes, Derry City Council exists there :wink: . I should have called it the 'Maiden City'.

The tour guide actually started off with the naming of the City and the arguments it causes. Basically said you can call it what you want & nobody gives a sh_it. During the City of Culture year it was called 'LegenDerry'. It's funny because on the drive over all most of the road signs have the London part spray painted over. Mad place.
:hehe: When I used to work for the Times, our style was to say Londonderry, except in specific situations when it was more sensitive to use Derry for stories in Nationalists/Catholics. Good to see McGuinness's funeral plastered over the front page with Londonderry as the setting

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Where did you stay in Hong Kong, a? I've got a trip there lined up for later in the year.

We stayed near the University also near Kennedy Town which is the Hipster part of Honk Kong island. The hotel was Hotel Jen (we got a deal with BA) quite reasonable pricewise and considered a good hotel

Sir C
04-10-2017, 10:24 AM
We stayed near the University also near Kennedy Town which is the Hipster part of Honk Kong island. The hotel was Hotel Jen (we got a deal with BA) quite reasonable pricewise and considered a good hotel

ty a, I'll bear it in mind.

Norn Iron
04-10-2017, 11:16 AM
:hehe: When I used to work for the Times, our style was to say Londonderry, except in specific situations when it was more sensitive to use Derry for stories in Nationalists/Catholics. Good to see McGuinness's funeral plastered over the front page with Londonderry as the setting

Aye it's the same with the reporting here. I would call it Derry the odd time depending on who I'm trying not to offend. Referring to Northern Ireland as 'The North' seems to becoming more prevalent in the media. Although, I would never refer to Northern Ireland as 'The North' as that's complete b_ollocks.

All that aside Northern Ireland has come a long way. Great country, steeped in history & peaceful. Some trivial issues shouldn't detract from that.

World's End Stella
04-10-2017, 11:23 AM

Speaking of which, I just remembered I have a quarter of Morbier ageing in the garage, been about a month now :eat:

Oh, and marinated ribeye on the barbecue Saturday, The Pig in the New Forest Sunday and a new telly being delivered today. Now that is an ace weekend. :cloud9:

World's End Stella
04-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Going away for an anniversary sounds wonderful. Hong Kong is wonderful.

Combining them? I'm not so sure. Pretty certain the odds of a couple going there as a couple and coming back single are not small. :-(

World's End Stella
04-10-2017, 11:38 AM
ty a, I'll bear it in mind.

No you won't, you'll stay at the Mandarin Oriental and you know it :-)

Sir C
04-10-2017, 11:41 AM
No you won't, you'll stay at the Mandarin Oriental and you know it :-)

Well, yes, I suppose I will. I just want to show willing and check other options first.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Going away for an anniversary sounds wonderful. Hong Kong is wonderful.

Combining them? I'm not so sure. Pretty certain the odds of a couple going there as a couple and coming back single are not small. :-(

WES, the bookies would have giving you any odds you want that happening

What was the basis of that enquiry. Why is Hong Kong singled out for such reservations around relationship status?

Sir C
04-10-2017, 01:06 PM

What was the basis of that enquiry. Why is Hong Kong singled out for such reservations around relationship status?

He's got a thing for south-east Asian chicks.

Mind you, haven't we all?

Pokster
04-10-2017, 01:07 PM

WES musy be talking about what he got up to while there.... man of low morals at a guess

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-10-2017, 01:08 PM

You had a Brazilian on Saturday?

Pokster
04-10-2017, 01:10 PM
You had a Brazilian on Saturday?

No, I had your mum, and she is as hairy as a greek wrestler down below

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-10-2017, 01:19 PM
No, I had your mum, and she is as hairy as a greek wrestler down below

Of course you didn't have a Brazilian. You are as :bald: as an orange ;-)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-10-2017, 01:22 PM
He's got a thing for south-east Asian chicks.

Mind you, haven't we all?

I have to admit, I'm not especially partial to the south east Asian wimmin. That being said, I did come across a fair few fabulous looking wimmin while out there. There is a Samsung office in my building and some of the sorts that I see coming out of that section of the building are simply jaw dropping.

Pokster
04-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Of course you didn't have a Brazilian. You are as :bald: as an orange ;-)

You are talking about my head aren't you?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-10-2017, 01:28 PM
You are talking about my head aren't you?

Stuff it, I'm pulling out of this sub-thread. I'm in too deep and it is becoming weird.

redgunamo
04-10-2017, 06:12 PM

Bought two puppies and replaced a couple of cars. Ate too many oysters and drank too much white wine.

Not bad, all the same.

redgunamo
04-10-2017, 06:14 PM

I am The Pitmaster.

What you on about? Arsenal supporters spend more money than any other club's fans in Europe. In the world even :shrug: