PDA

View Full Version : Always nice to wake up to USA! USA! swinging its dick.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Didn't take long for Trump to change his stance :hehe:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-07-2017, 07:11 AM

Team america world police strikes again

Sir C
04-07-2017, 08:09 AM

It's a strange message, to be honest. "You can have your little civil war and kill as many people as you like, but if you use a weapon we don't like, we'll bomb you. Despite the fact that your enemies are our enemies."

Mind you, I bet Donald is still sitting there with his chin on his chest. "It really happened? Just because I said 'go', all those missiles actually got launched?" :hehe:

Pat Vegas
04-07-2017, 08:16 AM
It's a strange message, to be honest. "You can have your little civil war and kill as many people as you like, but if you use a weapon we don't like, we'll bomb you. Despite the fact that your enemies are our enemies."

Mind you, I bet Donald is still sitting there with his chin on his chest. "It really happened? Just because I said 'go', all those missiles actually got launched?" :hehe:

Just wipe the whole area out imo.
and do the rest of the EU whilst we are at it.

I may have got out of bed the wrong side.

Sir C
04-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Just wipe the whole area out imo.
and do the rest of the EU whilst we are at it.

I may have got out of bed the wrong side.

In short, nuke everything? Hmm. It has the merit of even-handedness, but I'd be concerned about the portential for unpredictable consequences.

Pat Vegas
04-07-2017, 08:21 AM
In short, nuke everything? Hmm. It has the merit of even-handedness, but I'd be concerned about the portential for unpredictable consequences.

:hehe:

I am just bored of the Trump outrage.
whatever he does they will go mental. it's not like Hillary Clinton was shy of a bit of military action.

I am annoyed as I've had a bit of a balsamic vinegar leak in my bag.
god i've changed.

Sir C
04-07-2017, 08:24 AM
:hehe:

I am just bored of the Trump outrage.
whatever he does they will go mental. it's not like Hillary Clinton was shy of a bit of military action.

I am annoyed as I've had a bit of a balsamic vinegar leak in my bag.
god i've changed.

Would it be intrusive to enquire why you are carrying balsamic vinegar around? Is it in case you need to knock up an emergency batch of vinaigrette?

Pat Vegas
04-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Would it be intrusive to enquire why you are carrying balsamic vinegar around? Is it in case you need to knock up an emergency batch of vinaigrette?

for my healthy salad. I put some in a container. I don't have time for breakfast so I usually eat a salad around this time of the day.

really I should just buy a bottle and keep it here at my desk.

should have done this diet long ago. 16lbs lost. and I no longer sweat.

Ash
04-07-2017, 08:54 AM

There is no evidence that Govt forces in Syria launched a chemical attack, other than the claims of the Islamists. Why would they? They are winning the civil war and have no need to resort to weapons of desperation. The Islamists have a long record of hoaxes to try and get the US to provoke US intervention on their behalf.

Sir C
04-07-2017, 09:00 AM
There is no evidence that Govt forces in Syria launched a chemical attack, other than the claims of the Islamists. Why would they? They are winning the civil war and have no need to resort to weapons of desperation. The Islamists have a long record of hoaxes to try and get the US to provoke US intervention on their behalf.

I'm deeply suspicious of 'false flag' operations, a. We're just a whisker away from shouting, "Wake up sheeple!"

One would imagine that the Yanqui boffins with the satellites and the radar and all that would know where the original attack was launched from. One doesn't know for sure, of course.

Pat Vegas
04-07-2017, 09:04 AM

You don't need evidence to start attacks or wars.
:WMD:

Burney
04-07-2017, 09:06 AM

I think it's mostly about showing that a/ Obama was a massive pussy and b/ that he isn't Obama

Burney
04-07-2017, 09:07 AM

Do you think it might be because they're cvnts and, after Obama's pusilanimity last time, thought they'd get away with it.

Ash
04-07-2017, 09:15 AM
I'm deeply suspicious of 'false flag' operations, a. We're just a whisker away from shouting, "Wake up sheeple!"

One would imagine that the Yanqui boffins with the satellites and the radar and all that would know where the original attack was launched from. One doesn't know for sure, of course.

Phil Giraldi, a former intelligence official, believes that it was a conventional attack on a warehouse which stored some sort of chemical weapons.

I ask again - why would the Syrian Government need to resort to weapons of desperation? They are winning and will win unless the US stops them.

Trump is caving in to the McCains to take the pressure off himself from the howling media and establishment.

http://original.antiwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/trump-tweet.jpg

Ash
04-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Do you think it might be because they're cvnts and, after Obama's pusilanimity last time, thought they'd get away with it.

Nope. I don't believe the notion that they kill people for fun. THey are not fighting a civil war because they want to. They are fighting a civil war to stop the country being run by ISIS/AQ.

Sir C
04-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Phil Giraldi, a former intelligence official, believes that it was a conventional attack on a warehouse which stored some sort of chemical weapons.

I ask again - why would the Syrian Government need to resort to weapons of desperation? They are winning and will win unless the US stops them.

Trump is caving in to the McCains to take the pressure off himself from the howling media and establishment.

http://original.antiwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/trump-tweet.jpg

For every Phil Giraldi you'll be able to find a different opinion.

As for your question, who knows what local operational developments might have prompted such an attack by the regime?

The only thing we know is that we don't know very much. Fog of war, innit? What we might suspect is that there are chaps sitting in the Pentagon peering at great big screens who know much more than we do.

Rich
04-07-2017, 09:35 AM

As for your question, who knows what local operational developments might have prompted such an attack by the regime?

The only thing we know is that we don't know very much. Fog of war, innit? What we might suspect is that there are chaps sitting in the Pentagon peering at great big screens who know much more than we do.

In this day and age it's not a huge ask for them to see that X number of Mig-29s took off from the exact airbase that was neutralised last night in the moments before the chemical attack that took place. I would suggest that it would be a remarkable coincidence that those Migs followed a flight-path very close to the locations where chemical weapons were used at the exact time that they were used. The US have all of that airspace covered with very advanced radar systems considering their on-going operations in the area.

Burney
04-07-2017, 09:36 AM

Also, in these situations, it's always too easy to assume that using these weapons was a decision taken at the highest level as opposed to some cock-up where a local commander exceeded his brief or just plain fvcked up.

Sir C
04-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Also, in these situations, it's always too easy to assume that using these weapons was a decision taken at the highest level as opposed to some cock-up where a local commander exceeded his brief or just plain fvcked up.

Good point.

One wonders about the extent of US satellite/radar coverage - you'd imagine that it would be pretty well constant in that area, so surely they'd have a record of aircraft launching and heading to the site of the attack?

Sir C
04-07-2017, 09:38 AM
In this day and age it's not a huge ask for them to see that X number of Mig-29s took off from the exact airbase that was neutralised last night in the moments before the chemical attack that took place. I would suggest that it would be a remarkable coincidence that those Migs followed a flight-path very close to the locations where chemical weapons were used at the exact time that they were used. The US have all of that airspace covered with very advanced radar systems considering their on-going operations in the area.

Ah, I see you've Noahed me there.

Burney
04-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Good point.

One wonders about the extent of US satellite/radar coverage - you'd imagine that it would be pretty well constant in that area, so surely they'd have a record of aircraft launching and heading to the site of the attack?

Oh, yes. I don't think there can be any serious doubts the Assad forces did this. It's just a question of how and why. And, as any student of military history knows, one underestimates the capacity for people ballsing things up in war at one's peril.

Rich
04-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Good point.

No no no - The US has been hoodwinked by ISIS/AQ who have dropped a huge chemical weapon from one of the ISIS Air Force's jets. It's obvious!

Ash
04-07-2017, 09:47 AM
No no no - The US has been hoodwinked by ISIS/AQ who have dropped a huge chemical weapon from one of the ISIS Air Force's jets. It's obvious!

Remember 2013? Syria accused of using chem weapons?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

Mo Britain less Europe
04-07-2017, 09:48 AM
If there were no chemical weapons why did the Russians sponsor an agreement for the Syrians to stop using them?

Ash
04-07-2017, 10:08 AM
If there were no chemical weapons why did the Russians sponsor an agreement for the Syrians to stop using them?

The Syrian Govt did have chemical wepps, and they were gotten rid of with the help of the Russians, and verified by the UN.

For those speaking of the technicalities of tracking jets - even if that is taken to be true it does not indicate what sort of munitions were 'delivered'. The Islamists did have chemical weapons (as proven in the Turkish parliament) and it is feasible that a store of such has been hit.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-07-2017, 03:22 PM

Or, maybe they feel that they can push Trump's buttons more easily. After all, he is a bit of a fool, isn't he?

eastgermanautos
04-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Or, maybe they feel that they can push Trump's buttons more easily. After all, he is a bit of a fool, isn't he?

Not just that but they think they own Trump. I guess Trump is proving them wrong, or at least, not completely right. :dickswinging: :hellyeah:

eastgermanautos
04-07-2017, 05:03 PM

It's also, when people are winning, they sometimes want to go one step beyond. And then when they do, their intentions are laid completely bare. This is just what happened in this case. But it's also happened in some other cases, some interpersonal cases. Like when someone you're talking to just goes a bit far, and then you're all like, all right mutherfvcker. I get it.

In another example, in Untouchables, when Al Capone/Deniro splays this guy's head over the tiles by means of a bat. The dude was like, "yes yes, of course, Al Capone." Bam.

redgunamo
04-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Nobody believes that ****e anymore, I'm afraid. I gorged at that trough for years and I wouldn't even let them verify that today is Monday. Bloody good job too.

The Syrian Govt did have chemical wepps, and they were gotten rid of with the help of the Russians, and verified by the UN.

For those speaking of the technicalities of tracking jets - even if that is taken to be true it does not indicate what sort of munitions were 'delivered'. The Islamists did have chemical weapons (as proven in the Turkish parliament) and it is feasible that a store of such has been hit.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 10:07 AM

He's never really had much of a "stance" on anything to change, certainly not foreign policy. Which is a good thing because most voters don't have one either.

Ash
04-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Nobody believes that ****e anymore, I'm afraid. I gorged at that trough for years and I wouldn't even let them verify that today is Monday. Bloody good job too.

Wheras 'verified by some chap in an office in Washington' is all the evidence needed, apparently.

Ash
04-20-2017, 11:36 AM
He's never really had much of a "stance" on anything to change, certainly not foreign policy.

This may well be true, but it was his stated willingness to ease off on the regime change stuff, and maybe seek better relationships with Russia that had the establishment foaming at the mouth. The same people who were making ridicules accusations of Trump being a Russian agent are now patting him on the back, calling him presidential and asking for more of the same. If he wants an easy ride, he will do more of the same. Whoever is elected is always accountable to The War Party.

Interesting though, that the missile attack in Syria didn't really do much other than act as a therapeutic release for those addicted to that sort of thing and perhaps to give the president some breathing room.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Wheras 'verified by some chap in an office in Washington' is all the evidence needed, apparently.

Right. Not least because he would be *our* chap in Washington.

Essentially, nobody cares about chemicals or WMDs; we loosed off a few shots simply because everyone thinks it's the right thing to do in any case.

And just like we didn't support Bush because he invaded Iraq; rather people supported invading Iraq because it was Bush. The Donald is a fast learner and he has good people holding his hand on this stuff.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 11:45 AM
This may well be true, but it was his stated willingness to ease off on the regime change stuff, and maybe seek better relationships with Russia that had the establishment foaming at the mouth. The same people who were making ridicules accusations of Trump being a Russian agent are now patting him on the back, calling him presidential and asking for more of the same. If he wants an easy ride, he will do more of the same. Whoever is elected is always accountable to The War Party.

Interesting though, that the missile attack in Syria didn't really do much other than act as a therapeutic release for those addicted to that sort of thing and perhaps to give the president some breathing room.

Yes, he's stated lots of things. No sense paying much attention to any of that.
This president has tendencies and impulses, many of which actually conflict with one another, rather than a political philosophy.

Keep in mind that most voters don’t have ideological commitments either, which is why politicians will always frustrate those who do. The Syria-business proved broadly popular. At this point, what more does anybody want or expect :shrug:

Furthermore, elections have consequences, as the man said. Nobody voted for the Donald because they thought he'd be consistent and predictable.

World's End Stella
04-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Nope. I don't believe the notion that they kill people for fun. THey are not fighting a civil war because they want to. They are fighting a civil war to stop the country being run by ISIS/AQ.

Are you being serious? You think this is about Assad fighting terrorism as opposed to desperately clinging to power because so many of his countrymen despise him?

Ash
04-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Are you being serious? You think this is about Assad fighting terrorism as opposed to desperately clinging to power because so many of his countrymen despise him?

Most of his countrymen prefer him now to the headchoppers, which is the choice everyone needs to make at this point. The armed opposition are not the pro-democracy campaigners of the old days (in fact democratic reforms have since been implemented). They are Islamists. Assad is both clinging on to power and maintaining a secular state against an Islamist, terrorist state. Pick a side.

redgunamo
04-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Most of his countrymen prefer him now to the headchoppers, which is the choice everyone needs to make at this point. The armed opposition are not the pro-democracy campaigners of the old days (in fact democratic reforms have since been implemented). They are Islamists. Assad is both clinging on to power and maintaining a secular state against an Islamist, terrorist state. Pick a side.

Always a bit of both, innit. For decades, we've tolerated, even propped up, his sort so long as they've been able to keep a lid on things.

Tempora mutantur though and a' that.

eastgermanautos
04-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Always a bit of both, innit. For decades, we've tolerated, even propped up, his sort so long as they've been able to keep a lid on things.

Tempora mutantur though and a' that.

Tempora mutantur. Is that with shrimp?

I do enjoy that dish. :-D Some saki, oh hell yeah.