PDA

View Full Version : Oi Monty, re Barrafina

World's End Stella
04-05-2017, 01:58 PM
I believe you recommended one of the three in particular.

Which one pray tell?

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:01 PM

Which one pray tell?

Monty knows fúck all about Barrafina. I know about Barrafina. I've been going to Barrafina since you were shágging mooses on your fúcking prairie.

One of them is by far the best, but I ain't telling you. I had to find out by getting my fúcking knees brown, putting in the hours of effort it took to experience them all. You expect such information to just be handed out willy-nilly? Lazy, entitled ****.

Adelaide Street.

World's End Stella
04-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Monty knows fúck all about Barrafina. I know about Barrafina. I've been going to Barrafina since you were shágging mooses on your fúcking prairie.

One of them is by far the best, but I ain't telling you. I had to find out by getting my fúcking knees brown, putting in the hours of effort it took to experience them all. You expect such information to just be handed out willy-nilly? Lazy, entitled ****.

Adelaide Street.

F*ck me you're a special kind of thick. Utterly laughable.

Like you'd find a moose on the prairie. :rolleyes:

Ta muchly, Charles.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:06 PM

Ta muchly, Charles.

You'll be wanting to get there before opening time, or be prepared to queue.

You must take the suckling pig, the tortilla morcilla and the fennel and apple salad. These dishes are non-negotiable. Otherwise, choose freely. Bear in mind that if you start ordering seafood your bill will cause tears and night tremors for days to come.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Ta muchly, Charles.

Bear in mind that Nieves has left :-(

SWv2
04-05-2017, 02:09 PM

You must take the suckling pig, the tortilla morcilla and the fennel and apple salad. These dishes are non-negotiable. Otherwise, choose freely. Bear in mind that if you start ordering seafood your bill will cause tears and night tremors for days to come.

Somehow I doubt Wes is big on the whole salad thing.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:13 PM

It's odd that I described it as apple and fennel, when it is, of course, pear and fennel. I generally have no use for a pear, but it makes a terrific salad sw.

Do you have pears and fennel there? A pear is a fruit which looks a bit like a green potato. A fennel bulb looks a bit like a potato with sticks growing out of the top.

Monty92
04-05-2017, 02:17 PM

Which one pray tell?

I like Adelaide Street most but that's mainly because it's big and bright. The menu varies a little between venues, but it's basically all just food served in a bowl of oil, isn't it.

World's End Stella
04-05-2017, 02:23 PM

We're off to the theatre :-(

So plan on being at Barrafina at opening time as you suggest. Love the sound of all of those dishes. Any post theatre watering holes for a posey drink you would recommend?

Thanks again.

World's End Stella
04-05-2017, 02:24 PM

I love a good salad, SW. Unlike yourself, I am a man of some sophistication, you see. ;-)

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:26 PM

So plan on being at Barrafina at opening time as you suggest. Love the sound of all of those dishes. Any post theatre watering holes for a posey drink you would recommend?

Thanks again.

I'm very much a creature of habit when it comes to bars, I'm afraid. The Savoy (Beaufort Bar, not American, which is for tourists and jews), The Connaught and Claridges are my drinking holes of choice. I'm sure there are many newer, trendier choices to be had.

Ash
04-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Thanks again.

If you're in Covent Garden, Cross Keys on Endell Street has a fine ambience, but I don't know which beers they have on at the moment.

SWv2
04-05-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm very much a creature of habit when it comes to bars, I'm afraid. The Savoy (Beaufort Bar, not American, which is for tourists and jews), The Connaught and Claridges are my drinking holes of choice. I'm sure there are many newer, trendier choices to be had.

Where is the bar in Claridges then?

Given that I am essentially a regular there I should know. Up the back past all the ****s paying a small fortune for sandwiches and tea??

Norn Iron
04-05-2017, 03:19 PM
It's odd that I described it as apple and fennel, when it is, of course, pear and fennel. I generally have no use for a pear, but it makes a terrific salad sw.

Do you have pears and fennel there? A pear is a fruit which looks a bit like a green potato. A fennel bulb looks a bit like a potato with sticks growing out of the top.

Sounds horrible. I'd replace the salad with a meat dish.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Where is the bar in Claridges then?

Given that I am essentially a regular there I should know. Up the back past all the ****s paying a small fortune for sandwiches and tea??

As you go in it's down a short corrdior to your right. Yes, at the back.

SWv2
04-05-2017, 03:44 PM
As you go in it's down a short corrdior to your right. Yes, at the back.

The short corridor to the right as I went in brought me to the jacks.

I think you are lying to me.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 03:46 PM
The short corridor to the right as I went in brought me to the jacks.

I think you are lying to me.

Beyond the facilities lies the entrance to the bar. I suspect you were distracted by security trying to eject you.

redgunamo
04-05-2017, 04:38 PM

Are you an African dictator, in London visiting his dentist and cashing that aid cheque at Harrod's and B&Q?

Sir C
04-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Are you an African dictator, in London visiting his dentist and cashing that aid cheque at Harrod's and B&Q?

If only, r. If only.