PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Bags

Ash
04-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Like tea bags, but with coffee in them. Not on the level of the De'Longhi espresso I am now accustomed to at home, but a passable attempt at real coffee for the office. Certainly an improvement on instant, which is of course undrinkable. I have to remember to let the kettle cool a little after boiling though.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Like tea bags, but with coffee in them. Not on the level of the De'Longhi espresso I am now accustomed to at home, but a passable attempt at real coffee for the office. Certainly an improvement on instant, which is of course undrinkable. I have to remember to let the kettle cool a little after boiling though.

I haven't tried them, a. For a quick one in the morning I use those Rombouts one cup filters, they're quite handy.

Burney
04-05-2017, 01:13 PM

:nod: Coffee boiled is coffee spoiled.

SWv2
04-05-2017, 01:47 PM

Never heard of them A, is this some cool London thing like Bubble Tea?

SWv2
04-05-2017, 01:48 PM
I haven't tried them, a. For a quick one in the morning I use those Rombouts one cup filters, they're quite handy.

For a quick one in the morning I use your mum.

Sorry. :-(

Sir C
04-05-2017, 01:49 PM
For a quick one in the morning I use your mum.

Sorry. :-(

I wouldn't recommend it, sw. Bit boney these days, I imagine :-(

SWv2
04-05-2017, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't recommend it, sw. Bit boney these days, I imagine :-(

I am not proud of myself, normally not one for such tawdry attempted humour.

:-(

Ash
04-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Never heard of them A, is this some cool London thing like Bubble Tea?

I had never heard of them before today. They are from the Lyons coffee corporation (1904), not some popup hipster artisan craft coffee company.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 02:26 PM

I think I tried some Lyons coffee bags circa 2004. They were just about passable back then.