PDA

View Full Version : What music do you like at the moment?

Pat Vegas
04-04-2017, 01:56 PM
I am still listening to Zac Brown band on Sir C's recommendation.

But I quite like Rainbow now. Ooooooooh zippy.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I am still listening to Zac Brown band on Sir C's recommendation.

But I quite like Rainbow now. Ooooooooh zippy.

Rainbow :hehe: They're like Queen, aren't they? A sort of píss-take of proper bands. Like Spinal Tap or, wossname, Doctor and the Medics. When I was at school it was de rigeuer to be a metal-head and there were kids all over the shop wearing denim jackets with patches proclkaiming their allegiance to Led Zep as well as Motorhead ( :hehe: ) and Rainbow...

Daft ****s.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Rainbow :hehe: They're like Queen, aren't they? A sort of píss-take of proper bands. Like Spinal Tap or, wossname, Doctor and the Medics. When I was at school it was de rigeuer to be a metal-head and there were kids all over the shop wearing denim jackets with patches proclkaiming their allegiance to Led Zep as well as Motorhead ( :hehe: ) and Rainbow...

Daft ****s.

Wasn't Ritchie Blackmore in Rainbow? There was a man so unlikeable that no-one could bear to be in a band with him for very long.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Wasn't Ritchie Blackmore in Rainbow? There was a man so unlikeable that no-one could bear to be in a band with him for very long.

All those long-haired eejits merge into one as far as I'm concerned. And actually, as I get older, I object more and more to the proper ones.

Ozzy Osborne, Jimmy Page, that sort. Pompous ****s.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:13 PM
All those long-haired eejits merge into one as far as I'm concerned. And actually, as I get older, I object more and more to the proper ones.

Ozzy Osborne, Jimmy Page, that sort. Pompous ****s.

Yes. I decided some years ago that Zeppelin were the most preposterous, self-inflated and overrated band the world had ever seen and, once you've decided that, it becomes impossible to like any of them much.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 02:14 PM

Rainbow morphed into a Queen style silly band after their first few albums, charted with dirge like “Since you’ve been gone”.

Earlier stuff such as Stargazer was very different, Ronnie James Dio on voice, Cozy Powell on drums etc.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Rainbow morphed into a Queen style silly band after their first few albums, charted with dirge like “Since you’ve been gone”.

Earlier stuff such as Stargazer was very different, Ronnie James Dio on voice, Cozy Powell on drums etc.

Cozy Powell was a tart who would play for any old shít if there was money offered :shrug:

Pat Vegas
04-04-2017, 02:25 PM

:nod: I like Stargazer. I can definitely hear the Led Zeppelin influence. Maybe Kashmir

There is a bit in perfect strangers that sounds like Stargazer. I think all 3 songs are sort of similar.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Cozy Powell was a tart who would play for any old shít if there was money offered :shrug:

His financial motives are of no concern to me, his ability as a drummer surely of little doubt all the same?

I had 2 older brothers who were massively into Deep Purple and from there RB Rainbow as well as a lot of other stuff such as Rush and Lizzy. It was quite disturbing at times the music I had to passively endure.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:33 PM
His financial motives are of no concern to me, his ability as a drummer surely of little doubt all the same?

I had 2 older brothers who were massively into Deep Purple and from there RB Rainbow as well as a lot of other stuff such as Rush and Lizzy. It was quite disturbing at times the music I had to passively endure.

I rather like Lizzy, actually. There was something charmingly honest about their campness.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:33 PM

What kind of name is 'Cozy', anyway?

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:34 PM
I rather like Lizzy, actually. There was something charmingly honest about their campness.

Yes. Helped by the fact that they had no idea they were camp. Deliberate camp is often tedious.

IUFG
04-04-2017, 02:47 PM
What kind of name is 'Cozy', anyway?

a marginally better won than Colin

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:55 PM
a marginally better won than Colin

That makes this man sad

IUFG
04-04-2017, 02:57 PM
That makes this man sad

considering he can't even say his own name properly means his feelings don't count and as such he can **** right off.