PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

SWv2
04-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Having attended the game and been as sober as the proverbial judge I provide below my player by player analysis:

Ospina - Hmmmm. Plus the “Ospina!” thing when taking kick outs is shockingly gay and half hearted.
Bellerin - Hmmmm.
Mustafi - Interesting
Kos - Didn’t do much good or bad, went off.
Coquelin - Utterly fúcking shíte, should have been sent off. A player who looks out of his depth.
Xhaka - Okay, few nice passes, restricted by the referee and the utter ****ery that is Otamendi.
Ozil - Pure shíte
Walcott - A ****, goal or not.
Sanchez - All over the place.
Welbeck - Did less than fúck all. Runs around a lot, like a Jack Russell dog except costs more.

Gabriel - Did well.

Crowd - Interesting. Very sweary.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Having attended the game and been as sober as the proverbial judge I provide below my player by player analysis:

Ospina - Hmmmm. Plus the “Ospina!” thing when taking kick outs is shockingly gay and half hearted.
Bellerin - Hmmmm.
Mustafi - Interesting
Coquelin - Utterly fúcking shíte, should have been sent off. A player who looks out of his depth.
Xhaka - Okay, few nice passes, restricted by the referee and the utter ****ery that is Otamendi.
Ozil - Pure shíte
Welbeck - Did less than fúck all. Runs around a lot, like a Jack Russell dog except costs more.

Gabriel - Did well.

So our best player was 'okay' and the rest were ****e? City must be a right state then, failing to beat that shower.

Rich
04-04-2017, 12:11 PM

Bellerin - Hmmmm.
Mustafi - Interesting
Ozil - Pure shíte

Gabriel - Did well.

Fair to say that Mustafi was SW's MOTM?

Pat Vegas
04-04-2017, 12:21 PM
So our best player was 'okay' and the rest were ****e? City must be a right state then, failing to beat that shower.

I had a feeling that if City had wanted to. The opportunity was there to give us a spanking.
Though they played in a reserved manner imo.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 12:46 PM

City were as poor to be fair but on a different day Aguero may have won the game for them. They had the best or most dangerous player on the pitch in Sane and Toure is just a fúcking lazy waste of space.

I was commenting originally just on us.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 12:57 PM
City were as poor to be fair but on a different day Aguero may have won the game for them. They had the best or most dangerous player on the pitch in Sane and Toure is just a fúcking lazy waste of space.

I was commenting originally just on us.

We must have had a player who was better than 'okay', though. Or at least not 'shíte'. I refuse to believe it. These are highly-skilled professionals. Anyone can have a poor game, but all of them?

In short, I suspect you of employing hyperbole.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 01:05 PM
We must have had a player who was better than 'okay', though. Or at least not 'shíte'. I refuse to believe it. These are highly-skilled professionals. Anyone can have a poor game, but all of them?

In short, I suspect you of employing hyperbole.

Nope, I genuinely thought it was as unremarkable a performance as I have witnessed in many years. Pleasant though in that it was bright and sunny and passed two hours. Having been 1 down after 4-5 minutes and displayed remarkable stupidity in conceding so soon after getting level there is small positives there to grasp to.

Mustafi did okay, like he’s a bit wild and impulsive but in general did well as did Gabriel whose arrival appeared to cause many to think the worst (or perhaps that was more the departure of LK and recent results when this has occurred).

Both Walcott and Welbeck were fúcking useless while both Coquelin and Ozil were worse again. The latter I cannot explain as to simply say he appears totally disinterested is both lazy and probably incorrect.

Monreal did okay, I left him out first time. Not sure if it was a penalty as I did not bother reviewing highlights though fair to say City clearly did think it was, especially their manager.

Even the demonstration before was half-hearted and struck of “fúck me just let the season end”.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:09 PM
Nope, I genuinely thought it was as unremarkable a performance as I have witnessed in many years. Pleasant though in that it was bright and sunny and passed two hours. Having been 1 down after 4-5 minutes and displayed remarkable stupidity in conceding so soon after getting level there is small positives there to grasp to.

Mustafi did okay, like he’s a bit wild and impulsive but in general did well as did Gabriel whose arrival appeared to cause many to think the worst (or perhaps that was more the departure of LK and recent results when this has occurred).

Both Walcott and Welbeck were fúcking useless while both Coquelin and Ozil were worse again. The latter I cannot explain as to simply say he appears totally disinterested is both lazy and probably incorrect.

Monreal did okay, I left him out first time. Not sure if it was a penalty as I did not bother reviewing highlights though fair to say City clearly did think it was, especially their manager.

Even the demonstration before was half-hearted and struck of “fúck me just let the season end”.

I was slow-roasting a duck so I started drinking at 3. Checked twitter occasionally and feared the worst. By 4:30 I was half-pissed and beyond caring. The duck was good, mind.

Have you seen the muppets protesting at Colney today. These are real, adult human beings, allegedly.

Burney
04-04-2017, 01:14 PM
I was slow-roasting a duck so I started drinking at 3. Checked twitter occasionally and feared the worst. By 4:30 I was half-pissed and beyond caring. The duck was good, mind.

Have you seen the muppets protesting at Colney today. These are real, adult human beings, allegedly.

I'm starting to wonder about roasting ducks. Trouble is, you can either have nice legs and dry breasts or tough legs and pink, juicy breasts.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that jointing it and cooking the bits separately by different methods is the only thing to do with duck.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 01:15 PM

I had a bloke directly behind me who roared abuse for the full 90 minutes, his mates all laughed.

He got very annoyed early when 1) City scored and then 2) when nobody else would join him in a refrain for David Rocastle at which point he chose to verbally abuse more or less everybody around him labelling one and all as "tourists". How a steward did not approach him I am quite unsure.

He proceeded to tell all that Andy Linighan was dead though it later turned out he is in fact alive and has a plumbing business. He was of course sure that somebody was dead. I was going to turn round and tell him that perhaps he was confusing Linighn with Tommy Caton who is dead but further to the earlier "Tourists" abuse I decided not to.

I am not averse to the odd swear word but I genuinely felt sorry for others if they had to put up with this each week.

We all get annoyed of course but this chap just gave a sense that he thought he was better than the rest.

Had I not my son with me I may have chinned him.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:16 PM
I'm starting to wonder about roasting ducks. Trouble is, you can either have nice legs and dry breasts or tough legs and pink, juicy breasts.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that jointing it and cooking the bits separately by different methods is the only thing to do with duck.

Yes, I am firmly of that view with all poultry and fowl. (Do fowls count as poultry?) I confess, however, that this extremely slow 110 degree roast yielded moist, yielding breasts and sumptuous, tender legs. The duck wasn't bad either.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:18 PM
I had a bloke directly behind me who roared abuse for the full 90 minutes, his mates all laughed.

He got very annoyed early when 1) City scored and then 2) when nobody else would join him in a refrain for David Rocastle at which point he chose to verbally abuse more or less everybody around him labelling one and all as "tourists". How a steward did not approach him I am quite unsure.

He proceeded to tell all that Andy Linighan was dead though it later turned out he is in fact alive and has a plumbing business. He was of course sure that somebody was dead. I was going to turn round and tell him that perhaps he was confusing Linighn with Tommy Caton who is dead but further to the earlier "Tourists" abuse I decided not to.

I am not averse to the odd swear word but I genuinely felt sorry for others if they had to put up with this each week.

We all get annoyed of course but this chap just gave a sense that he thought he was better than the rest.

Had I not my son with me I may have chinned him.

I had a bloke like that in my first seat at the Emirates. After a couple of years I couldn't cope, and moved upstairs. There was an identical bloke directly in front.

In the end I fúcked it off. It just wasn't any fun any more.

Burney
04-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Yes, I am firmly of that view with all poultry and fowl. (Do fowls count as poultry?) I confess, however, that this extremely slow 110 degree roast yielded moist, yielding breasts and sumptuous, tender legs. The duck wasn't bad either.

But what of the skin? Can you get a good crisp skin at that temperature or do you have to whack the heat up at the end as you do with pork to get crackling?

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2017, 01:21 PM
But what of the skin? Can you get a good crisp skin at that temperature or do you have to whack the heat up at the end as you do with pork to get crackling?

the lack of your mum jokes in this thread is highly concerning

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:21 PM

I stuck it under the grill for a few minutes. It was ok - not the crispiest, but not flabby.

Burney
04-04-2017, 01:22 PM
I had a bloke like that in my first seat at the Emirates. After a couple of years I couldn't cope, and moved upstairs. There was an identical bloke directly in front.

In the end I fúcked it off. It just wasn't any fun any more.

That reminds me of the woman in front of me whose great and oft-repeated witticism was 'Senderos? Send-im-off more like!' and who regularly indulged in thinly-veiled racial slurs at our black players.

I do hope she's dead now.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:22 PM
the lack of your mum jokes in this thread is highly concerning

Roasting fowls is a serious matter, la. There is no place for laughter when it comes to roasting a fowl.

Unlike your mum. I always píss myself when me and a friend are roasting her.

Burney
04-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Roasting fowls is a serious matter, la. There is no place for laughter when it comes to roasting a fowl.

Unlike your mum. I always píss myself when me and a friend are roasting her.

:nono: 'when a friend and I are roasting her'

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:26 PM

:rolleyes: Deliberate. To accentuate the bluntness.

Honestly. I am an artsist, I paint pictures with words. Must I be subjected to this narrowness of comprehension of expression?

Pokster
04-04-2017, 01:29 PM

Bloody hell, LA's mum gets roasted by you and a mate and sir c and a mate..... you should go for a 4 way free for all

Ash
04-04-2017, 01:29 PM
:rolleyes: Deliberate. To accentuate the bluntness.

Honestly. I am an artsist, I paint pictures with words. Must I be subjected to this narrowness of comprehension of expression?

Standards rule OK!

Rich
04-04-2017, 01:30 PM
That reminds me of the woman in front of me whose great and oft-repeated witticism was 'Senderos? Send-im-off more like!' and who regularly indulged in thinly-veiled racial slurs at our black players.

I do hope she's dead now.

I had a woman behind me that would exclaim 'should be a black card' every time a black player on the opposition was booked. Perhaps it was the same lady.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Standards rule OK!

Good man A

:music:

Burney
04-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Bloody hell, LA's mum gets roasted by you and a mate and sir c and a mate..... you should go for a 4 way free for all

I always snigger when on Masterchef they talk about something 'done three ways' and mutter 'like your mum'.

Tragic, really. :-(

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Standards rule OK!

Quoting bubblegum pop to illustrate a point does you little credit, a. What next? Will you tell me what you want, what you really really want?

Ash
04-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Good man A

:music:

Sky Arts ran the Dortmund gig again at the weekend. Doubtless you've seen it. Not sure how Buckler manages to play that far into the set in a suit.

Ash
04-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Quoting bubblegum pop to illustrate a point does you little credit, a. What next? Will you tell me what you want, what you really really want?

No, but I know what your ....

NOPE! I refuse. I'm not that kind of poster. Grown men making your mum jokes is one step beyond embarrassing.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Sky Arts ran the Dortmund gig again at the weekend. Doubtless you've seen it. Not sure how Buckler manages to play that far into the set in a suit.

Rockpalast? I have it on DVD from Santa.

I was in your city at the weekend but got distracted in Camden Town and did not make a pub before the game.

Afterwards I went for 3 pints in the Fox on the Green on Upper Street before I was asked to leave as I had children with me, which was fair enough, no fuss was made. I had spent a few hours the previous day in a decent pub just round the corner from Angel as heading down City Road, the Brewhouse or something.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:45 PM
No, but I know what your ....

NOPE! I refuse. I'm not that kind of poster. Grown men making your mum jokes is one step beyond embarrassing.

:judge: You did it, I'm afraid. Pulling out just before the punchline doesn't excuse you.

I pulled out of your mum just before the punchline.

Burney
04-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Do you know it must have been my fourth or fifth visit to the Renaissance Hotel at St Pancras before I realised why it felt so familiar. :homer:

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Do you know it must have been my fourth or fifth visit to the Renaissance Hotel at St Pancras before I realised why it felt so familiar. :homer:

You're going to have to help me out here, old chap.

Ash
04-04-2017, 01:53 PM
Rockpalast? I have it on DVD from Santa.

:nod: I never quite catch the beginning of it. How long is the set? The boys certainly seemed to have had more energy than The Arsenal at the moment.

I was in your city at the weekend but got distracted in Camden Town and did not make a pub before the game.

Afterwards I went for 3 pints in the Fox on the Green on Upper Street before I was asked to leave as I had children with me, which was fair enough, no fuss was made. I had spent a few hours the previous day in a decent pub just round the corner from Angel as heading down City Road, the Brewhouse or something.

The shops in Camden all seem to be turning into those identical tourist tat jobs that used to line the east of Oxford Street. And with one of the markets now turning into high-rise blocks of flats the place is not what it once was. Of course, I'm far too old for what it once was, and am glad to have retired to the lower slopes of Highgate. :Monty:

Burney
04-04-2017, 01:55 PM
You're going to have to help me out here, old chap.

Oh, sorry. It's where the video to the song you quoted was filmed.

Ash
04-04-2017, 01:57 PM

"Renaissance Hotel" :-(

Midland Grand, please. It's like calling a Marathon a Snickers. :shudder:

Ash
04-04-2017, 01:58 PM

It's also the setting of Valhalla in Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 01:59 PM

I'm reasonably certain I managed never to witness that questionable spectacle.

Mind you, I liked it that time you could see Geri Halliwell's pants.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 02:00 PM
:nod: I never quite catch the beginning of it. How long is the set? The boys certainly seemed to have had more energy than The Arsenal at the moment.

About 90 minutes give or take, 20+ songs, great set list as it goes though a subdued crowd.

I was slightly saddened by what I saw in Camden having not been there in well over a decade, many a sunday afternoon was spent mooching around drinking and what have you. The market market is now just a succession of stall selling the exact same t-shirt. A lot of nice food on offer down by Dingwalls but the sheer concentration of same made it very difficult to move around.

Cyber Dog still in full flow also.

I then went to get the tube to N5 to find it closed for exit only, luckily this being my manor I just walked up and suaved it onto a 29 and got off at Hornsey Road.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:01 PM
"Renaissance Hotel" :-(

Midland Grand, please. It's like calling a Marathon a Snickers. :shudder:

It hasn't been the Midland Grand since 1935, a. :hehe: Do you still refer to the Emirates as 'Ashburton Grove'?

SWv2
04-04-2017, 02:02 PM

I was in Claridges on Thursday. Had a piss and was going to go for a pint but thought better of it. Do they even do pints?

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:02 PM

You're going to have to narrow it down a bit, I'm afraid. It is quite odd, looking back, that such an ordinary-looking group became sex objects.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:03 PM
It's also the setting of Valhalla in Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

I'll have no truck with Douglas Adams, a. Something about his books has always really fücking irritated me.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:03 PM
You're going to have to narrow it down a bit, I'm afraid. It is quite odd, looking back, that such an ordinary-looking group became sex objects.

Union Jack dress. The Brits, I think.

I always had a bit of a thing for Geri Halliwell. The others were all hideous.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Union Jack dress. The Brits, I think.

I always had a bit of a thing for Geri Halliwell. The others were all hideous.

Yes, she was the obvious, go-to preference. Although she had a tendency to speak, which rather ruined things.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:05 PM
I was in Claridges on Thursday. Had a piss and was going to go for a pint but thought better of it. Do they even do pints?

:hehe: I'm pretty sure they'd send out for one for you if you were a guest.

Claridges retains a certain intimacy which I find rather appealing.

SWv2
04-04-2017, 02:07 PM
:hehe: I'm pretty sure they'd send out for one for you if you were a guest.

Claridges retains a certain intimacy which I find rather appealing.

I wasn't a guest, I just needed a piss and my young lad wanted to see the place having watched a program about it on the telly box.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:10 PM
I wasn't a guest, I just needed a piss and my young lad wanted to see the place having watched a program about it on the telly box.

Springsteen always stays at Claridges when the play London. Next time I'm going to book a room there and stalk the fúcker.

I'd just like to touch him, you see.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Springsteen always stays at Claridges when the play London. Next time I'm going to book a room there and stalk the fúcker.

I'd just like to touch him, you see.

:-( Isn't that a bit...

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:16 PM
:-( Isn't that a bit...

Only if I shoot him.

You do see that shooting or not shooting the object of your stalking is quite an important element in the story?

Ash
04-04-2017, 02:17 PM
It hasn't been the Midland Grand since 1935, a. :hehe: Do you still refer to the Emirates as 'Ashburton Grove'?

:nod: Yes, often.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Only if I shoot him.

You do see that shooting or not shooting the object of your stalking is quite an important element in the story?

I'd say it's a fine line between the two.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:20 PM
I'd say it's a fine line between the two.

It's about as thick a line as you could draw with all the world's paintbrushes tied together. I mean, it's the difference between being alive and being dead. We don't really have a bigger difference.

Burney
04-04-2017, 02:26 PM
It's about as thick a line as you could draw with all the world's paintbrushes tied together. I mean, it's the difference between being alive and being dead. We don't really have a bigger difference.

So can you absolutely guarantee that, in the excitement of finally meeting your idol, you won't suddenly decide to take out a gun and shoot him? Hmmmm?

Sir C
04-04-2017, 02:28 PM
So can you absolutely guarantee that, in the excitement of finally meeting your idol, you won't suddenly decide to take out a gun and shoot him? Hmmmm?

Well, perhaps not guarantee, per se. But I'd certainly try to contain the urge.

Boxing24
04-05-2017, 05:55 AM
i have a no idea about the that person

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 12:06 PM

Bellerin - Hmmmm.
Mustafi - Interesting
Ozil - Pure shíte

Gabriel - Did well.

I'm trying to think of the last time Ozil wasn't ****e. When was the last time he even putting in a passable performance, let alone a good one?

Ash
04-05-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm trying to think of the last time Ozil wasn't ****e. When was the last time he even putting in a passable performance, let alone a good one?

It's all our fault, apparently, for saying he's not been good enough.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 12:19 PM
It's all our fault, apparently, for saying he's not been good enough.

The best players are (or should be) the most accountable, that is why they are the best players.... or am I missing something?

Ash
04-05-2017, 12:23 PM
The best players are (or should be) the most accountable, that is why they are the best players.... or am I missing something?

What you're missing, I think, is that just because players (and managers) are paid gazzillions of pounds, that is no reason to expect them to deliver what they are being paid for. Likewise with appearances. In no way should a player be expected to fight for a place in the team by playing well. He should be guaranteed first team football in his contract.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 12:30 PM
What you're missing, I think, is that just because players (and managers) are paid gazzillions of pounds, that is no reason to expect them to deliver what they are being paid for. Likewise with appearances. In no way should a player be expected to fight for a place in the team by playing well. He should be guaranteed first team football in his contract.

Wow, the game has changed that much. Is this now the case at every club or just at arsenal?

Ash
04-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Wow, the game has changed that much. Is this now the case at every club or just at arsenal?

Good point, Alberto. Maybe we should all ask fans of other clubs whether they find this to apply to their players too.

SWv2
04-05-2017, 01:47 PM

No no, all players are equally accountable in my view.

All handsomely paid professionals.

And the manager who is actually most accountable of all.

WENGER OUT!!!

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Good point, Alberto. Maybe we should all ask fans of other clubs whether they find this to apply to their players too.

Where are Blupunter, Balloonatic or Alvaro when when you need them or that Man U fan who frequented the board many years ago but has gone all quiet since ManU became a bit ****?

Sir C
04-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Where are Blupunter, Balloonatic or Alvaro when when you need them or that Man U fan who frequented the board many years ago but has gone all quiet since ManU became a bit ****?

Blupunter was around the other day.

Did you know that monty gobbled that ManU fan in the toilets?

Burney
04-05-2017, 02:00 PM

I heard it was mutual masturbation, tbf, but your story sounds more plausible.

Ash
04-05-2017, 02:00 PM

Bloops was here the other day.

A straw poll of the chaps around me reveals that Benteke is a lazy shítcùnt for £30m and all West Ham players are overpaid shítcùnts.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:02 PM
I heard it was mutual masturbation, tbf, but your story sounds more plausible.

To be fair my story features elements I made up for myself, because I like to imagine Monty kneeling in a piss-filled urinal noshing off multiple men.

Back in 5.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 02:12 PM
No no, all players are equally accountable in my view.

All handsomely paid professionals.

And the manager who is actually most accountable of all.

WENGER OUT!!!

When the team consistently plays well and is successful, it is usually the best players who get the most plaudits. Often, these are the guys who get the best deals on and off the pitch. When the team consistently plays poorly, it should be these players that the manager should be asking questions of. This is my very humble view.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 02:14 PM

I didn't know that but thanks for sharing. Now I am off to throw up.

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:15 PM
I didn't know that but thanks for sharing. Now I am off to throw up.

That's what monty said :-(

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Bloops was here the other day.

A straw poll of the chaps around me reveals that Benteke is a lazy shítcùnt for £30m and all West Ham players are overpaid shítcùnts.

Do you work with Bueno? I can't ask anyone as I am in Hong Kong until the weekend. I breathe a sigh of relief that I am away from all the merriment down in N5.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 02:21 PM
That's what monty said :-(

Chipped to the back post by ABR, nodded into the empty net by SC

Sir C
04-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Chipped to the back post by ABR, nodded into the empty net by SC

:thumbup: :pointsatdeadmuminsky:

Ash
04-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Do you work with Bueno? I can't ask anyone as I am in Hong Kong until the weekend. I breathe a sigh of relief that I am away from all the merriment down in N5.

If you're in Hong Kong you can add to the global meme and try to get a badly-drawn Wenger Out sign onto the local news.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-05-2017, 03:38 PM
If you're in Hong Kong you can add to the global meme and try to get a badly-drawn Wenger Out sign onto the local news.

Worth a try