PDA

View Full Version : This TV production of Decline and Fall is rather good.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 09:59 AM
I'm easily pleased, being a big fan of Waugh, but what was most surprising was the excellence of Jack Whitehall's performance.

wd all concerned.

redgunamo
04-04-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm easily pleased, being a big fan of Waugh, but what was most surprising was the excellence of Jack Whitehall's performance.

wd all concerned.

He's not even the best batsman in his own family, imo.

Burney
04-04-2017, 10:19 AM

wd all concerned.

I very much enjoyed it, I must say. They got the school absolutely spot on.

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2017, 10:25 AM

wd all concerned.
:-( was watching it last night but internet connection went down halfway through. Started off promisingly though

Sir C
04-04-2017, 10:26 AM
I very much enjoyed it, I must say. They got the school absolutely spot on.

There was a great piece in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago, quoting from Waugh's diaries when he was a master at such a school. Captain Grimes is obviously based on a voracious predatory *****phile whose antic were really quite remarkable :hehe:

Sir C
04-04-2017, 10:27 AM
:-( was watching it last night but internet connection went down halfway through. Started off promisingly though

I didn't understand why Margot Beste-Chetwyn was pronounced 'Beast-Cheating'. I've been hearing 'Beste-Chetwyn' in my head for 30 years.

Burney
04-04-2017, 10:45 AM
There was a great piece in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago, quoting from Waugh's diaries when he was a master at such a school. Captain Grimes is obviously based on a voracious predatory *****phile whose antic were really quite remarkable :hehe:

Yes. The fellow was also a wonderful example of nominative determinism, having rejoiced in the moniker 'Dick Young' :hehe: