PDA

View Full Version : So just how difficult is TOP 4 now?

Tony C
04-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Just wondering because there are some tasty odds available if you still believe? Or more rather...if the players still believe and I saw enough from a few of them on Sunday to make me think that they still do care.

We gone on runs before...massive runs in fact....like the 26 out of 30 to nail Spurs on the last day and apart from Spurs and United our run in the year isn't all that difficult.

I ran some sims and I think we strong showing we can squeeze in again. Chelsea won the league ages ago while Liverpool have an incredibly easy run in but Spurs and City could be the vulnerable ones....it's not like these teams will every single game here on in.

Tony C
04-04-2017, 08:53 AM
My tentative prediction..

1st Chelsea
2nd Liverpool
3rd Arsenal same points as Spurs but ahead on goal difference
4th Spurs
5th United
6th City

Sir C
04-04-2017, 08:54 AM
My tentative prediction..

1st Chelsea
2nd Liverpool
3rd Arsenal same points as Spurs but ahead on goal difference
4th Spurs
5th United
6th City

It's a bit early to be on the crack pipe, t.

We're going to finish 7th. This team is finnish.

Billy Goat Sverige
04-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Just wondering because there are some tasty odds available if you still believe? Or more rather...if the players still believe and I saw enough from a few of them on Sunday to make me think that they still do care.

We gone on runs before...massive runs in fact....like the 26 out of 30 to nail Spurs on the last day and apart from Spurs and United our run in the year isn't all that difficult.

I ran some sims and I think we strong showing we can squeeze in again. Chelsea won the league ages ago while Liverpool have an incredibly easy run in but Spurs and City could be the vulnerable ones....it's not like these teams will every single game here on in.

Three away games we ordinarily struggle in (Spurs/Stoke/Southampton) but the home games we should be winning on form. We're playing badly though so every game apart from the two home ones against West Ham and Sunderland are looking tough at the minute.

Burney
04-04-2017, 09:37 AM

How was your BBQ?

Pokster
04-04-2017, 09:39 AM

Before the w/e weren't we on the same points as last season... so it is possible, but unlikely given our current form

Sir C
04-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Before the w/e weren't we on the same points as last season... so it is possible, but unlikely given our current form

There's no heart in them, p. :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
04-04-2017, 09:52 AM

We were in 3rd with 51 points, 4 points ahead of the 5th placed team.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 09:57 AM
How was your BBQ?

I can't tell you what a joy it is to use.

I'm thinking we might consider a long, slow pork shoulder. Now the twist is, most of the recipes one finds for barbecued pulled pork are Mercan, so the dry rub contains loads of sugar, the injection fluid is apple juice and sugar, and the barbecue sauce is... sugar. So our challenge could be to produce perfectly melting pulled pork with our own recipes for rub, inject and sauce...

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2017, 09:58 AM
There's no heart in them, p. :-(

Mustafi will score in every game until the end of the season FACT

We'll still be **** though

redgunamo
04-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Mustafi will score in every game until the end of the season FACT

We'll still be **** though

All from corners too :cloud9:

Burney
04-04-2017, 10:19 AM
I can't tell you what a joy it is to use.

I'm thinking we might consider a long, slow pork shoulder. Now the twist is, most of the recipes one finds for barbecued pulled pork are Mercan, so the dry rub contains loads of sugar, the injection fluid is apple juice and sugar, and the barbecue sauce is... sugar. So our challenge could be to produce perfectly melting pulled pork with our own recipes for rub, inject and sauce...

You have to bear in mind I'm new to this game. However, would a strongly fennel-y, dried garlic and onion rub not be a good thing, imparting a deal of natural sweetness and aroma, but without the cloying sugar?

Sir C
04-04-2017, 10:21 AM
You have to bear in mind I'm new to this game. However, would a strongly fennel-y, dried garlic and onion rub not be a good thing, imparting a deal of natural sweetness and aroma, but without the cloying sugar?

:clap: There you go, that's the blue sky thinking we need!

I wonder if we could find a way to inject the flavour of sage into it? Perhaps something more citric.

Injecting a great lump of pork is my favourite thing. I insist that you have the pleasure. It's, well, sexy.

Burney
04-04-2017, 10:24 AM
:clap: There you go, that's the blue sky thinking we need!

I wonder if we could find a way to inject the flavour of sage into it? Perhaps something more citric.

Injecting a great lump of pork is my favourite thing. I insist that you have the pleasure. It's, well, sexy.

Could one use cider vinegar infused with various things?

Sir C
04-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Could one use cider vinegar infused with various things?

Lovely job, lovely job.

And the sauce. One supposes one is stuck with tomatoes and vinegar as the base, in which case sugar would be required... unless we perhaps looked to Asia as a base?

Also, side dishes. We must consider quality side dishes. And apple sauce for the glw :-(

Burney
04-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Lovely job, lovely job.

And the sauce. One supposes one is stuck with tomatoes and vinegar as the base, in which case sugar would be required... unless we perhaps looked to Asia as a base?

Also, side dishes. We must consider quality side dishes. And apple sauce for the glw :-(

I think some sugar would be OK, it's just having it in everything that's problematic.

As to sage, could one use sage branches to help smoke it?

Side dishes: Big rake o' spuds. Salad.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 10:45 AM
I think some sugar would be OK, it's just having it in everything that's problematic.

As to sage, could one use sage branches to help smoke it?

Side dishes: Big rake o' spuds. Salad.

We'd have to experiment with the sage branches to see if they smoke nicely or simply burn and produce bitter smoke.

Fancy salad though? Quinoa and pomegranate. Melon and radish. Clementine and cous cous.

Burney
04-04-2017, 10:48 AM
We'd have to experiment with the sage branches to see if they smoke nicely or simply burn and produce bitter smoke.

Fancy salad though? Quinoa and pomegranate. Melon and radish. Clementine and cous cous.

Isn't coleslaw of some sort traditional? Obviously, without caraway seeds.

EDIT: I have it: Celeriac remoulade.

Sir C
04-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Isn't coleslaw of some sort traditional? Obviously, without caraway seeds.

EDIT: I have it: Celeriac remoulade.

We could update the coleslaw. Cabbage and freekeh in an almond milk dressing. Vegan, gluten-free, bish bosh everyone's happy.

Burney
04-04-2017, 10:51 AM
We could update the coleslaw. Cabbage and freekeh in an almond milk dressing. Vegan, gluten-free, bish bosh everyone's happy.

:-( Why do people insist on eating this shït?

Sir C
04-04-2017, 10:56 AM
:-( Why do people insist on eating this shït?

Imagine how joyless and jaded your palate must be to consider ordering something called freekeh.

They want shooting, these freaks.

Burney
04-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Imagine how joyless and jaded your palate must be to consider ordering something called freekeh.

They want shooting, these freaks.

The first time I tried Quinoa, having heard everyone bang on about it for ages, I was struck immediately by its utter pointlessness. It's just a big bowl of bóllocks.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-04-2017, 12:23 PM
I can't see us being any higher than 5th.

Tony C
04-05-2017, 10:19 AM
If some results go our way tonight then we will be bearing down of 4th place with loads of games left.

Don't need everyone to lose...fine with Liverpool and spurs...just need Chelsea to turn up and I suspect Conte would've thrown the book at them after the palace result.

The players just need some inspiration for the remaining fixtures and tonight can provide that....

Tony C
04-06-2017, 08:03 AM
Nearly had a trifecta of results last night…Spurs escaping in the last few minutes.

Looking at the scenario now:

- Win our game in hand and we’re 1 point behind City
- Win our 2 games on Liverpool and we’re ahead of them on Goal Difference
- Win our game in hand and BEAT Spurs at their place and we’re 5 points behind them with them still having to play Chelsea away, a resurgent Leicester away, Man Utd at home. I also quite fancy West Ham to get a result against them. They play West Away away with 3 games left and relegation a threat. Always have to fancy sides like this to get a result from somewhere.

So not a bad situation to be in now.

It’s in our own hands.

Yes – West Ham are in bad shape right now but their players were awfully committed last night and when you weigh this up versus some of our recent performance it’s a major improvement i.e. if we had turned in a West Bromwich or 2nd half Bayern type performances we would’ve lost.

The players needed something to ignite them…something to bring them together…a bit of inspiration and last night may have been the catalyst for change.

Stand out performances last night –

Martinez in goal – This kid was playing 1st team football at the highest level in Argentina when he was 16 and has been quietly talked about behind the scenes as the best long term prospect we have…even when Chesney was playing well here. Didn’t have much to do last night but when he was called upon he was cool calm and collected. A class apart from Ospina and Cech. I hope he keeps his place for ALL OF OUR REMAINING GAMES.

You look at Mourinho…he’s has always been able to introduce a younger tougher more durable understudy to his teams with great successes i.e. Courtouis replacing Cech.

I think the same should happen here.

Mustafi and Monreal showed their experience.

Xhaka & Eleneny looked great together.

Xhaka was interesting – most of the time you won’t seen him…almost ghosting through the game. Makes me wonder if he suddenly learned the art of the water carrier role overnight.

Alexis drove the team forward.

Welbeck without doing much provided a constant threat.

Good performance – pleasing one. If this continues we will lock up Top 4 pretty easily.

Most importantly we need to put aside our feelings and differences and get behind the lads.

PS – I took the 5/1 on us to make TOP 4 pre match…I couldn’t resist it.