PDA

View Full Version : Old School WIMB....POST YOUR Arsenal Paint work...

Tony C
04-04-2017, 08:08 AM
I was looking at old photos on my laptop yesterday and this popped up....seemed to recall it was a competition we had on the old board.

Famous Arsenal landmarks, players, moments immortalised in MS PAINT

My entry was the famous Diaby Karate Kick on John Terry entitled - Bring on Cashley so we can kick him too!

Ash
04-04-2017, 11:15 AM
I was looking at old photos on my laptop yesterday and this popped up....seemed to recall it was a competition we had on the old board.

My entry was the famous Diaby Karate Kick on John Terry entitled - Bring on Cashley so we can kick him too!

That is fantastic work, Tony. Should be in the Tate imo.

Pat Vegas
04-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Fash created the thread and he entered Lee Dixon own goal as his entry.

Though I wasn't around then so how I know that is a mystery.

Ash
04-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Fash created the thread and he entered Lee Dixon own goal as his entry.

Though I wasn't around then so how I know that is a mystery.

Are you still enourmously happy?

Pat Vegas
04-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Are you still enourmously happy?

Yes. I've been at a meeting this morning.

where in a twist I've been offered a 2nd position.

That aside when you were learning bass Ash. did you ever have those sort of breakthrough moments where you think now I am at a different level or something just clicks.

Ash
04-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Yes. I've been at a meeting this morning.

where in a twist I've been offered a 2nd position.

That aside when you were learning bass Ash. did you ever have those sort of breakthrough moments where you think now I am at a different level or something just clicks.

Probably more gradual at first, but it was when I was jamming blues and rock regularly with a good Hendrix and Zep type guitarist that I felt my biggest jump - which was in being able to improvise and know which notes I could go to.

Pat Vegas
04-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Probably more gradual at first, but it was when I was jamming blues and rock regularly with a good Hendrix and Zep type guitarist that I felt my biggest jump - which was in being able to improvise and know which notes I could go to.

:thumbup: I've decided to go back to basics. I never really learned properly in the past and have lots of bad habits.
Want to start to understand the music side of things more.

I've given up on waiting for my mate to improve. I don't know how to tell him he doesn't even know how to tune his guitar properly.

Ash
04-04-2017, 02:11 PM
:thumbup: I've decided to go back to basics. I never really learned properly in the past and have lots of bad habits.
Want to start to understand the music side of things more.

I've given up on waiting for my mate to improve. I don't know how to tell him he doesn't even know how to tune his guitar properly.

I think the harmonic basics of root, third and fifth can go a very long way. Diminished sevenths can fùck right off as far as I'm concerned. Are you more interested in playing lead or rhythm? Too many are only interested in the first, sadly, which means that they both struggle to actually play in time, and connected to that, they never listen properly to what other people are playing.

Hitting the note/chord at exactly the right time is one of the most underestimated abilities imo.

IUFG
04-04-2017, 03:03 PM

I bought me won of these recently, f

http://www.korg.com/uk/products/dj/volca_keys/

great fun for £140.

Ash
04-04-2017, 04:53 PM
I bought me won of these recently, f

http://www.korg.com/uk/products/dj/volca_keys/

great fun for £140.

:sherlock: That keyboard reminds me of ...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6863/1447/400/16_1.jpg

IUFG
04-04-2017, 09:11 PM
:sherlock: That keyboard reminds me of ...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6863/1447/400/16_1.jpg

I got won of those too.

Poor thing will now forever be tarnished by the endorsement by a right, ****ing wrong un