PDA

View Full Version : Shirley they aren't poking the Russian bear?

IUFG
04-03-2017, 12:44 PM
the Allans . . ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39481770

Ash
04-03-2017, 12:46 PM
the Allans . . ?

They have been for decades.

Sir C
04-03-2017, 12:47 PM
the Allans . . ?

Local anti-Putins, maybe?

If he reckons it's Allans, fúck being in Aleppo tomorrow.

Sir C
04-03-2017, 12:47 PM

Have you returned?

How was it? Tell all.

IUFG
04-03-2017, 12:49 PM

well, yes but not on a level like this that will have Putin riding bare-chested into Mosul tomorrow.

Rich
04-03-2017, 12:54 PM
well, yes but not on a level like this that will have Putin riding bare-chested into Mosul tomorrow.

:nod: I can hear the tanks rumbling over the border now. Don't suppose they'll give a **** about the human shields.

Ash
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Have you returned?

How was it? Tell all.

Not bad, seeing as the weather was appalling for two and a half days. Spent a day in Wednesleydale on the way up - very agreeable, saw sheep, (inc tiny brand new lambs) cows, horses, donkeys, llamas, pigs.

Then to Kirkstone Pass, doing Hartsopp Dodd and Caudale Moor first day, then Red Screes and Middle Dodd day two. Then it pissed it down until Friday afternoon when we nabbed Glennridding Dodd and Armbrose Crag. Went out in the car around the coast on the wet days and saw the biggest factory I've ever seen in Barrow-in-Furness (BAE). Do they make submarines in there? Drank Bovril from a thermos flask. :cloud9:

Ash
04-03-2017, 01:00 PM

Hmmm. They've had massacres in theatres and schools ISTR.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Which is why it's nonsense to consider the Russians as "the enemy". That only suits the EU imperialists.

Sir C
04-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Not bad, seeing as the weather was appalling for two and a half days. Spent a day in Wednesleydale on the way up - very agreeable, saw sheep, (inc tiny brand new lambs) cows, horses, donkeys, llamas, pigs.

Then to Kirkstone Pass, doing Hartsopp Dodd and Caudale Moor first day, then Red Screes and Middle Dodd day two. Then it pissed it down until Friday afternoon when we nabbed Glennridding Dodd and Armbrose Crag. Went out in the car around the coast on the wet days and saw the biggest factory I've ever seen in Barrow-in-Furness (BAE). Do they make submarines in there? Drank Bovril from a thermos flask. :cloud9:

That sounds totes perfect to be honest. A couple of rainy days isn't bad. Was the Kirkstone Pass Inn nice to stay in?

b will know about the submarines.

I've definitely decided to go with the Bull Shot this trip. Bovril, vodka, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce :cloud9:

Sir C
04-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Which is why it's nonsense to consider the Russians as "the enemy". That only suits the EU imperialists.

The bástards have got an eye on Gib.

Bring. It. On.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-03-2017, 01:09 PM
A small nuclear explosion over the Real Madrid stadium (preferably when there's a game on) should do it.

Ash
04-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Was the Kirkstone Pass Inn nice to stay in?

Not bad. Cosy pub interior, and we had a spacious room with sofa and table. The low-NRG lightbulbs in the room were hopelessly dim though, and we couldn't see a thing without a torch until we went and bought some brighter ones to put in. Also, heating went off at some point in the evening - not that I was intending to stay up that late.

Breakfast was excellent - though you had to say what you wanted the night before and it wasn't served until nine. Like most remote spots off season it was quiet; we were the only guests some nights and others were just passing through during the week. I expect they get a lot of drive-past trade in the summer though.

Burney
04-03-2017, 04:46 PM

They do indeed make submarines, a. Also surface vessels. Used to be the old Vickers site. One of the most secure sites in the UK.

Calling it a 'factory' is rather an understatement. :hehe: