PDA

View Full Version : Outrage as the British establishment lets it be known that any attempt

Sir C
04-03-2017, 08:48 AM
to annexe British territory will be met with force if necessary.

In what way is that an outrageous thing to say? Indeed, saying anything less is tantamount to an act of treason, surely?

Tony C
04-03-2017, 08:51 AM
I still think my solution of settling it on the football pitch is the best....we should be okay because I saw Messi has banned from international footie for a long while so we should play them now...home and away...winner gets Gibraltar.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-03-2017, 08:54 AM

In what way is that an outrageous thing to say? Indeed, saying anything less is tantamount to an act of treason, surely?

It's a rock, C. Chuck it in the Med and forget it. HB BTW.

Sir C
04-03-2017, 08:56 AM
It's a rock, C. Chuck it in the Med and forget it. HB BTW.

It's a rock but it's our rock, 7.

ty.

redgunamo
04-03-2017, 09:03 AM
I still think my solution of settling it on the football pitch is the best....we should be okay because I saw Messi has banned from international footie for a long while so we should play them now...home and away...winner gets Gibraltar.

:nod: I fancy that striker from Lincoln Red Imps, imo.

Rich
04-03-2017, 09:06 AM
It's a rock but it's our rock, 7.

ty.

I've never been. Really should. Can I spend my Pounds there and have a pint of bitter?

I understand that the runway goes across a road, rather like a level crossing :hehe:

Sir C
04-03-2017, 09:07 AM
I've never been. Really should. Can I spend my Pounds there and have a pint of bitter?

I understand that the runway goes across a road, rather like a level crossing :hehe:

It's a kharzi, don't bother.

But it's our kharzi.

redgunamo
04-03-2017, 09:10 AM
It's a kharzi, don't bother.

But it's our kharzi.

:nod: Gotta keep our money somwhere, innit. Nobody would ever think to look there.

Burney
04-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Also, the outrage is coming from people who have been completely schtum on Spain's belligerent behaviour towards Gibraltar for decades. Such people are now showing their true colours by taking Spain's side against their own country. Scum.
The really extraordinary thing here is what appallingly stupid, crass and unnecessarily provocative diplomacy this is. Is the EU's diplomatic corps staffed entirely by children? They've instantly validated the narrative that the EU represents a hostile power and have achieved nothing in the process other than cause real tension and antagonism.

Happy birthday, btw :-)

Sir C
04-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Also, the outrage is coming from people who have been completely schtum on Spain's belligerent behaviour towards Gibraltar for decades. Such people are now showing their true colours by taking Spain's side against their own country. Scum.
The really extraordinary thing here is what appallingly stupid, crass and unnecessarily provocative diplomacy this is. Is the EU's diplomatic corps staffed entirely by children? They've instantly validated the narrative that the EU represents a hostile power and have achieved nothing in the process other than cause real tension and antagonism.

Happy birthday, btw :-)

ty b. Just off to unpack and assmeble the Kamado Joe :cloud9:

Burney
04-03-2017, 09:40 AM

Oooh. It's sunny as well. Are you going to christen it today?

Pat Vegas
04-03-2017, 09:41 AM

I was looking at those.
Unfortunately I have no where to put won.

redgunamo
04-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Is the EU's diplomatic corps staffed entirely by children?

In a word; yes. Why wouldn't it be :shrug:

Sir C
04-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Oooh. It's sunny as well. Are you going to christen it today?

I'm doing a practise burn now.