PDA

View Full Version : I'm quite happy for women's football to be covered in the media alongside

Monty92
03-31-2017, 08:41 AM
the men's game, but could they not at least flag their coverage more clearly to avoid confusion?

I've just opened a Guardian article wondering why Pep Guardiola's side were playing a team called Fortuna Hjorring last night and how they only managed to win 1-0.

And why they have a player called Lucy. With a blonde ponytail and tits.

Burney
03-31-2017, 08:49 AM
the men's game, but could they not at least flag their coverage more clearly to avoid confusion?

I've just opened a Guardian article wondering why Pep Guardiola's side were playing a team called Fortuna Hjorring last night and how they only managed to win 1-0.

Blonde tits?

This is why the Oxford comma exists.

Anyway, surely it can't be long now before some half-decent journeyman pro calls himself Lucy and dominates women's football?

Monty92
03-31-2017, 09:13 AM
Blonde tits?

This is why the Oxford comma exists.

Anyway, surely it can't be long now before some half-decent journeyman pro calls himself Lucy and dominates women's football?

Would be funnier all round if some 8 stone chick insisted on calling herself Dave, got picked up by a men's club looking for some positive PR, only for her to be seriously injured in her first appearance due to her physical inadequacies.

Luis Anaconda
03-31-2017, 09:15 AM
Would be funnier all round if some 8 stone chick insisted on calling herself Dave, got picked up by a men's club looking for some positive PR, only for her to be seriously injured in her first appearance due to her physical inadequacies.

Or called "herself" Jack :rubchin:

Burney
03-31-2017, 09:21 AM

:hehe: More likely to happen the other way round, I suspect.

I saw this last night and thought it beautifully sums up everything I feel about this whole business.

“In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.”

Monty92
03-31-2017, 09:29 AM
:hehe: More likely to happen the other way round, I suspect.

I saw this last night and thought it beautifully sums up everything I feel about this whole business.

Speaking of communists, starting watching The Act of Killing last night. Pretty old now, but only recently become aware of it. Have you seen?

Burney
03-31-2017, 09:31 AM
Speaking of communists, starting watching The Act of Killing last night. Pretty old now, but only recently become aware of it. Have you seen?

I did. I quite liked the transvestite head of the death squads - he was a character. Odd way they had of killing people, I thought.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-31-2017, 09:54 AM
I would rather have women's football uncovered in the media.

PSRB
03-31-2017, 10:22 AM

It is of course, very obviously covered in a "well, I guess we have to :shrug: " manner

Burney
03-31-2017, 10:24 AM
It is of course, very obviously covered in a "well, I guess we have to :shrug: " manner

I hate it when they talk about it as though we're supposed to know or care who the players are when we clearly don't.

PSRB
03-31-2017, 10:25 AM
I hate it when they talk about it as though we're supposed to know or care who the players are when we clearly don't.

You aware it's International Transgender Day? :rolleyes:

Burney
03-31-2017, 10:33 AM
You aware it's International Transgender Day? :rolleyes:

Righto. Imagine having an international day pandering to the mentally ill :-(

You might as well have International Voices In My Head day.

World's End Stella
03-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Righto. Imagine having an international day pandering to the mentally ill :-(

You might as well have International Voices In My Head day.

https://www.calendarlabs.com/holidays/international/world-schizophrenia-day.php

10 f*cking characters

Pat Vegas
03-31-2017, 10:36 AM

10 f*cking characters

This one is not catchy at all

World Day to Combat Desertification & Drought

Also
International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
That sounds a bit violent imo

Burney
03-31-2017, 10:39 AM

10 f*cking characters

:hehe: To be fair, though, I don't think they're actually celebrating schizophrenia as though it were a positive and meaningful life choice.