PDA

View Full Version : Arsene's just taking the píss, isn't he? :hehe:

Sir C
03-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Asked if he had anything to say about his future, the 67-year-old said: “Not today, but I am very clear in my mind. It is a subject that is not sorted completely.”

Wenger added: “Do I stay two months or two years? My commitment will be exactly the same.”

Burney
03-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Asked if he had anything to say about his future, the 67-year-old said: “Not today, but I am very clear in my mind. It is a subject that is not sorted completely.”

Wenger added: “Do I stay two months or two years? My commitment will be exactly the same.”

Why does he insist on that oddly rhetorical speech pattern?

Rich
03-30-2017, 10:43 AM
Why does he insist on that oddly rhetorical speech pattern?

Strange, isn't it? For someone that's lived here for however many years, his grasp of English is surprisingly poor.

Not that it's even wrong, as such. Just weird.

Pat Vegas
03-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Strange, isn't it? For someone that's lived here for however many years, his grasp of English is surprisingly poor.

Not that it's even wrong, as such. Just weird.

He is french so naturally his brain speaks in reverse.

Yesterday Once More
03-30-2017, 10:50 AM
He's been taking the piss for years, it's just that people have got wise to him now so he is not pretending to show respect any more.

Sir C
03-30-2017, 11:00 AM
He's been taking the piss for years, it's just that people have got wise to him now so he is not pretending to show respect any more.

:hehe: He's a genius. He's got you FEWMIN, hasn't he?

Yesterday Once More
03-30-2017, 01:44 PM
:hehe: He's a genius. He's got you FEWMIN, hasn't he?

No quite the opposite actually. I have contempt for the man I once so respected. And whenever he goes, there will be not a flicker of emotion from me and I believe many others who once felt the same. As long as he closes the door behind him on the way out.

Rich
03-30-2017, 01:57 PM
No quite the opposite actually. I have contempt for the man I once so respected. And whenever he goes, there will be not a flicker of emotion from me and I believe many others who once felt the same. As long as he closes the door behind him on the way out.

Come on.... Contempt is a little strong, don't you think?