PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Rio Ferdinand documentary about his wife croaking?

Monty92
03-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Made it kinda hard to think of him as the rubber lipped Munich c*nt he once was :-(

Sir C
03-29-2017, 12:43 PM
Made it kinda hard to think of him as the rubber lipped Munich c*nt he once was :-(

No, but there was a lengthy article with him on the subject in the Sunday Times recently. To be honest, he came across as a peculiarly robotic, dessicated individual, entirely devoid of emotion or soul. The Peckham Berni, if you will. :hehe:

IUFG
03-29-2017, 12:48 PM
that **** brought down Ljungberg when he was through on goal. And what did Riley do . . ?

Not sure Rio's wife throwing a seven has got anything to do with the above, but still...

Burney
03-29-2017, 01:07 PM

I saw it briefly, called him a wonky-lipped, maudlin cûnt and turned over.

Monty92
03-29-2017, 01:34 PM
I saw it briefly, called him a wonky-lipped, maudlin cûnt and turned over.

Wonky...that was the word I was looking for :-\

Monty92
03-29-2017, 01:36 PM
No, but there was a lengthy article with him on the subject in the Sunday Times recently. To be honest, he came across as a peculiarly robotic, dessicated individual, entirely devoid of emotion or soul. The Peckham Berni, if you will. :hehe:

On the contrary, it was most touching. The poor f*cker has now got to actually look after his kids.

He has to do the school runs, arrange play dates with other mums, feed them and generally take responsibility for keeping them alive.

It's f*cking tragic.

Burney
03-29-2017, 01:38 PM
On the contrary, it was most touching. The poor f*cker has now got to actually look after his kids.

He has to arrange play dates with other mums, do the school runs, feed them and generally contribute to keeping them alive.

It's f*cking tragic.

Granted, that is rough, but it'd be a bit more tragic if he weren't a very wealthy man who doesn't have to work and is perfectly able to hire a full-time nanny, though, wouldn't it?

I found the sight of him milking his wife's death on TV a bit grim, if I'm honest.

Monty92
03-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Granted, that is rough, but it'd be a bit more tragic if he weren't a very wealthy man who doesn't have to work and is perfectly able to hire a full-time nanny, though, wouldn't it?

I found the sight of him milking his wife's death on TV a bit grim, if I'm honest.

But it seems from the doc that he's chosen, presumably out of a sense of guilt and responsibility, not to take on a full time nanny and instead do all of that horrific child-rearing sh*t himself.

Which is pretty decent of the bloke, surely. In fact I don't remember seeing any kind of nanny the whole programme.

PSRB
03-29-2017, 01:43 PM

Pretty much my response to the glw when asked why I didn't want to watch it.

Pokster
But it seems from the doc that he's chosen, presumably out of a sense of guilt and responsibility, not to take on a full time nanny and instead do all of that horrific child-rearing sh*t himself.

Which is pretty decent of the bloke, surely. In fact I don't remember seeing any kind of nanny the whole programme.

He's not exactly looking after 3 toddlers, they are all at school so for large parts of his day he is free of them....... he must have some help so he could appear on breakfast TV.

Burney

Oh, well if you didn't see a nanny, I'm sure there definitely wasn't one. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I don't care about Rio Ferdinand's feelz. He can fück off.

Pokster
03-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Oh, well if you didn't see a nanny, I'm sure there definitely wasn't one. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I don't care about Rio Ferdinand's feelz. He can fück off.

Would be more tragic if you lost a partner with no warning (like the Spanish girl last week) and then have to bring up kids on your own

PSRB
03-29-2017, 01:47 PM
Would be more tragic if you lost a partner with no warning (like the Spanish girl last week) and then have to bring up kids on your own

tbf, I think it would be pretty tragic for any child to lose one or both their parents.....if we're going to be a teeny bit serious on the matter

Burney
03-29-2017, 01:48 PM
tbf, I think it would be pretty tragic for any child to lose one or both their parents.....if we're going to be a teeny bit serious on the matter

Yeah. Although if I were Rio Ferdinand's kids, I'd definitely have preferred it if he'd have died instead.

Pokster
03-29-2017, 01:56 PM

Having been in that situation myself, i agree

Burney
03-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Having been in that situation myself, i agree

I guess this would be a bad time for a 'your mum' joke, right? :-(

7sisters
03-29-2017, 02:06 PM

It happened to me back in the late 90's while living and working abroad. Kids were very young and yes, it was a tough few years. Life inevitably does move on but the inner strength comes more from not wanting to let your kids down and not from any hand wringing or woe is me stuff. People have always paid great tribute to me over the years but I say that anyone in the same circumstances would do the same thing.. Afterall, what choice do you really have :shrug:

Burney
03-29-2017, 02:11 PM
It happened to me back in the late 90's while living and working abroad. Kids were very young and yes, it was a tough few years. Life inevitably does move on but the inner strength comes more from not wanting to let your kids down and not from any hand wringing or woe is me stuff. People have always paid great tribute to me over the years but I say that anyone in the same circumstances would do the same thing.. Afterall, what choice do you really have :shrug:

:nod: This is the thing about most crappy bits of life - be it bereavement, illness, divorce or whatever. The option of crawling under the covers and dying doesn't really exist, so you have to sort of muddle through as best you can. I find people calling stuff like that brave or admirable quite irritating. It isn't brave for a drowning man to cling to the wreckage and swim to shore, is it? It's just what you have to do. :shrug:

Sir C
03-29-2017, 02:14 PM
:nod: This is the thing about most crappy bits of life - be it bereavement, illness, divorce or whatever. The option of crawling under the covers and dying doesn't really exist, so you have to sort of muddle through as best you can. I find people calling stuff like that brave or admirable quite irritating. It isn't brave for a drowning man to cling to the wreckage and swim to shore, is it? It's just what you have to do. :shrug:

I agree. ****s going through a hard time, how dare anyone give them the benefit of the doubt and exhibit some empathy? If I see anyone bereaved I always call them a feckless waster and punch them in the face to encourage them to man up. Yes.

Burney
03-29-2017, 02:29 PM
I agree. ****s going through a hard time, how dare anyone give them the benefit of the doubt and exhibit some empathy? If I see anyone bereaved I always call them a feckless waster and punch them in the face to encourage them to man up. Yes.

Where did I suggest not showing sympathy? I simply find the sort of fatuous, unthinking application of words like 'brave' to people who are just getting through the shït life throws at one deeply irritating. The one that really annoys me is all the stuff about people's 'brave fight' against cancer. A/ You don't fight cancer, the doctors do. You're just the battlefield. B/ It implies that someone who dies is really just a fücking quitter.

Monty92
03-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Where did I suggest not showing sympathy? I simply find the sort of fatuous, unthinking application of words like 'brave' to people who are just getting through the shït life throws at one deeply irritating. The one that really annoys me is all the stuff about people's 'brave fight' against cancer. A/ You don't fight cancer, the doctors do. You're just the battlefield. B/ It implies that someone who dies is really just a fücking quitter.

I think it's because people like saying nice things to people who are having a sh*tty time, even if it's a bit trite. Nothing too much wrong with that, I don't think.

Sir C
03-29-2017, 02:37 PM

Calm down, old chap. Consider your age and the considerable risk of an embolism, aneurysm or potentially even anal prolapse.

I was chatting yesterday with an old chum about a dear, close mutual friend who committed hara kiri some years ago. We were both clearly struggling to understand what pushed him to his dreadful end, and, of course, couldn't, because the depths of another's despair is a place we cannot visit, or no.

Funnily enough I then went for a long walk along the cliffs at Beachy Head, looking at all the little memorials to jumpers. Did you know that deaths at the site range from 7 a year to 28? And some poor búgger has to scrape them up at the bottom. Mind you, the lack of a decent road network round those parts means that by the time you've reached the place you've probably lost the will to live anyway.

We had a decent feed of scallops for lunch, it being scallop festival time. Does that mean that it was this time of year we rented thon oast house?

World's End Stella
03-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Wonky...that was the word I was looking for :-\

wobbly gobbed, wannabe gangster, Peckham c*nt

I believe I may have once used these words on AWIMB.

Pokster
03-29-2017, 02:41 PM
I guess this would be a bad time for a 'your mum' joke, right? :-(

No, if I am prepared to make your mum jokes, I have to be able to take them

Burney
03-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Calm down, old chap. Consider your age and the considerable risk of an embolism, aneurysm or potentially even anal prolapse.

I was chatting yesterday with an old chum about a dear, close mutual friend who committed hara kiri some years ago. We were both clearly struggling to understand what pushed him to his dreadful end, and, of course, couldn't, because the depths of another's despair is a place we cannot visit, or no.

Funnily enough I then went for a long walk along the cliffs at Beachy Head, looking at all the little memorials to jumpers. Did you know that deaths at the site range from 7 a year to 28? And some poor búgger has to scrape them up at the bottom. Mind you, the lack of a decent road network round those parts means that by the time you've reached the place you've probably lost the will to live anyway.

We had a decent feed of scallops for lunch, it being scallop festival time. Does that mean that it was this time of year we rented thon oast house?

I guess it must be, yes.

Killing oneself at Beachy Head is a bit clichéd, really, isn't it? It seems odd to me that in the depths of despair, one would choose either the quickest and easiest means to hand rather than drive all that way to join a fùcking queue.

Couldn't do it myself, of course. Hate heights.