Pat Vegas
03-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Westminster attack news coverage.

:hide:

Pokster
03-24-2017, 01:56 PM

We have sky news on in the office..... driving me nuts with the same rubbish over and over

PSRB
03-24-2017, 02:01 PM
We have sky news on in the office..... driving me nuts with the same rubbish over and over

24 hr News channels are much the same as Twitter, gripping stuff for the initial hour or so and then just become tedious and boring

Ash
03-24-2017, 02:12 PM

No, because I'm not consuming it. One hour on telly when I got home on Wednesday night and that's quite enough, thanks.

"And now for one of the seven remaining MPs that we haven't already spoken to about what they witnessed ...."

Burney
03-24-2017, 02:29 PM

Well, yeah. Because there isn't really any actual news, is there? It's just picking over the corpse now.

SWv2
03-24-2017, 02:33 PM

I turned on your BBC news last night to see what the story was with the funeral of Martin McGuinness.

Some 20 fúcking minutes later they finally got round to it. You lot are nearly as bad as Yanks.

Burney
03-24-2017, 02:43 PM
I turned on your BBC news last night to see what the story was with the funeral of Martin McGuinness.

Some 20 fúcking minutes later they finally got round to it. You lot are nearly as bad as Yanks.

Yes. Oddly enough, perhaps someone made the editorial decision that, the day after a murderous terrorist attack on our capital, featuring a load of morally-illiterate hagiographic witterings at the funeral of a terrorist who ordered murderous attacks on our capital might not be particularly well-received?

Is that the bite you were after? :-)

Billy Goat Sverige
03-24-2017, 02:44 PM

I watched a sky news stream when it first happened. About 3 hours after it started Kay Burley showed up to anchor the coverage "A vehicle is coming along now, i'm not sure who's in it. The police are actually going to stop oncoming traffic to allow the vehicle through". That's when i knew it was time to turn off.

Burney
03-24-2017, 02:46 PM
I watched a sky news stream when it first happened. About 3 hours after it started Kay Burley showed up to anchor the coverage "A vehicle is coming along now, i'm not sure who's in it. The police are actually going to stop oncoming traffic to allow the vehicle through". That's when i knew it was time to turn off.

Have you ever seen deader eyes on a human than Kay Burley? You just know she's never ever experienced a real human emotion.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Have you ever seen deader eyes on a human than Kay Burley? You just know she's never ever experienced a real human emotion.

I don't know how she's stayed in the job for so long. She's nothing special to look at, thick as **** and adds nothing to the coverage. The chap in the mac was doing a fine job before she arrived.

Luis Anaconda
03-24-2017, 02:55 PM

He's dead and they buried him - what's to know?

Burney
03-24-2017, 02:56 PM
I don't know how she's stayed in the job for so long. She's nothing special to look at, thick as **** and adds nothing to the coverage. The chap in the mac was doing a fine job before she arrived.

The bit of her wiki page devoted to her broadcasting career is actually pretty funny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Burley

Pat Vegas
03-24-2017, 02:56 PM

There are a bunch who are like this.
I suspect they also are against trump and Brexit also.

good to see good old Bill Clinton on the telly.

SWv2
03-24-2017, 02:58 PM
Yes. Oddly enough, perhaps someone made the editorial decision that, the day after a murderous terrorist attack on our capital, featuring a load of morally-illiterate hagiographic witterings at the funeral of a terrorist who ordered murderous attacks on our capital might not be particularly well-received?

Is that the bite you were after? :-)

Well it was the response i expected, not one I sought.

I missed the RTE news at both 6 and 9 which would obviously have been the preferred channel to see the event. I was just a little
dismayed when they kept coming back to Westminster. Get on with it ffs.

SWv2
03-24-2017, 02:59 PM
He's dead and they buried him - what's to know?

One of the most famous or prominent men in recent Irish history. For good or bad, or indeed both, this can not be denied.

I was interested.

:vsign:

Burney
03-24-2017, 03:01 PM

He was on it pretty constantly between about August and November last year, f.

Pat Vegas
03-24-2017, 03:06 PM
No, because I'm not consuming it. One hour on telly when I got home on Wednesday night and that's quite enough, thanks.

"And now for one of the seven remaining MPs that we haven't already spoken to about what they witnessed ...."

Also this type of attack doesn't scare me. As much as they like they to put a spin on it this 'new type of attack' is concerning.

I'd be a lot more worried if it was a squad of mentals who sneaked into the country and running about with machine guns and bombs.

Pat Vegas
03-24-2017, 03:06 PM
He was on it pretty constantly between about August and November last year, f.

Yeah but he was actually with people he likes this time.

Burney
03-24-2017, 03:07 PM
One of the most famous or prominent men in recent Irish history:

*******s. He's nothing compared to Bono or Steven Gately.

Ash
03-24-2017, 03:10 PM

Bill Clinton is worse than Martin McGuinness. Opinion.

Pat Vegas
03-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Bill Clinton is worse than Martin McGuinness. Opinion.

#saxaphone

PSRB
03-24-2017, 03:13 PM
The bit of her wiki page devoted to her broadcasting career is actually pretty funny.

I was rather amused by the "Controversies" bit, particulalrly this....... Images from 2008 show Burley appearing to strangle reporter Kirsty Wigglesworth outside the Naomi Campbell hearing, which a Sky News spokesperson explained by saying "Kay Burley was provoked by a hard hit to the face with a camera."

Ash
03-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Also this type of attack doesn't scare me. As much as they like they to put a spin on it this 'new type of attack' is concerning.

I'd be a lot more worried if it was a squad of mentals who sneaked into the country and running about with machine guns and bombs.

Only a matter of time. Next up is ten blokes with kitchenware going postal in Leicester Square, I expect.

Ms Ash was on Westminster Bridge half an hour before the incident. :-\

Pat Vegas
03-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Only a matter of time. Next up is ten blokes with kitchenware going postal in Leicester Square, I expect.

Ms Ash was on Westminster Bridge half an hour before the incident. :-\

:-(

On my way home last night there were to machine gunned up coppers looking around. They were looking at everything and everybody closely.

I think I am more nervous of them.

Ash
03-24-2017, 03:14 PM

I'll never forget her immortal "the entire eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack".

Burney
03-24-2017, 03:17 PM
I'll never forget her immortal "the entire eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack".

Asking the Ipswich murderer's wife if it could have been prevented if things had been better in the bedroom is pretty fvcking special, though, you have to say.