PDA

View Full Version : So it seems that it was the Defence Secretary's Close Protection Officer who shot

Burney
03-23-2017, 12:56 PM
the guy yesterday. And he was only there by chance because the Defence Secretary was in the HoC. This suggests that, had that not been the case, there may not have been an armed officer on hand to stop him before he got into Parliament itself. Seems a little lax, doesn't it?

IUFG
03-23-2017, 12:59 PM
The entry / exit point from where the Allan was shot would be the Great Hall. There is usually a tooled up police person near the door in there.

Which of course begs the question, wtf were they doing at the time?

Sir C
03-23-2017, 01:00 PM
the guy yesterday. And he was only there by chance because the Defence Secretary was in the HoC. This suggests that, had that not been the case, there may not have been an armed officer on hand to stop him before he got into Parliament itself. Seems a little lax, doesn't it?

There may have been other armed officers there but reacted most quickly?

I want to know how many rounds hit him

Burney
03-23-2017, 01:07 PM
There may have been other armed officers there but reacted most quickly?

I want to know how many rounds hit him

Three were fired, but even if all three hit the torso, there's every chance of surviving that (for a bit at least) if they were only 9mm handgun rounds.
Not like the good old days in Gibraltar when they shot each of them about 15 times.

Rich
03-23-2017, 01:12 PM
Three were fired, but even if all three hit the torso, there's every chance of surviving that (for a bit at least) if they were only 9mm handgun rounds.
Not like the good old days in Gibraltar when they shot each of them about 15 times.

Were they not plain clothes officers that fired on him? If what you've said above is true then there are some very serious questions that need answering.

Burney
03-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Were they not plain clothes officers that fired on him? If what you've said above is true then there are some very serious questions that need answering.

Yes. Which would tend to support the suggestion it was a CPO rather than your standard armed copper.

Pokster
03-23-2017, 01:21 PM

The only reason the gate was open was because he was about to leave the premises, so the fact it was his officers that fired means nothing, they were the closest so the most likely to react first.

Sir C
03-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Yes. Which would tend to support the suggestion it was a CPO rather than your standard armed copper.

I've got a hairdo this afternoon. I'm going to get caught up in Sadiq's Trafalgar Square mawkfest.

Burney
03-23-2017, 01:26 PM
I've got a hairdo this afternoon. I'm going to get caught up in Sadiq's Trafalgar Square mawkfest.

Ugh. Just make sure you're being suitably defiant in getting your haircut. The terrorists can never win while you fearlessly get your barnet bouffed.

Sir C
03-23-2017, 01:30 PM
Ugh. Just make sure you're being suitably defiant in getting your haircut. The terrorists can never win while you fearlessly get your barnet bouffed.

Fear not. Ross and I are going to stand strong against ISIS, armed with a pair of scissors and a hair dryer. But a salon strength hairdryer, mark you. They blow quite the heat gale.

I'm considering a more age-appropriate do. :-(

Burney
03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Fear not. Ross and I are going to stand strong against ISIS, armed with a pair of scissors and a hair dryer. But a salon strength hairdryer, mark you. They blow quite the heat gale.

I'm considering a more age-appropriate do. :-(

You mean....? Close cropped? :-(

Sir C
03-23-2017, 01:35 PM
You mean....? Close cropped? :-(

Yes. Probably not as close as wes or pokster. I'm thinking more George Clooney.

Pokster
03-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Ahh, if you are going for the GC does that mean you have stopped using just for men?

Burney
03-23-2017, 01:38 PM

But won't that mean...acknowledging certain...y'know...shortages? :-(

Sir C
03-23-2017, 01:39 PM
But won't that mean...acknowledging certain...y'know...shortages? :-(

:shrug: Such is life. There's no holding back the sands of time, and so on.

Sir C
03-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Ahh, if you are going for the GC does that mean you have stopped using just for men?

I have not a grey hair on my head. Just a few brown ones, whose number is diminishing rapidy.

Pokster
03-23-2017, 01:41 PM
I have not a grey hair on my head. Just a few brown ones, whose number is diminishing rapidy.

Embrace the baldness sc, the chicks love it... well, your mum anyway

Burney
03-23-2017, 01:42 PM
:shrug: Such is life. There's no holding back the sands of time, and so on.

Oh, my dear chap. You're very brave :hug:

Sir C
03-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Oh, my dear chap. You're very brave :hug:

I'm fully resigned to decay and mortality now, b. I have drawn up a list of things to try to achieve before I pass:

1. Tumescence. Just once!
2. A brief period of rest and reflection between retirement and dementia.
3. Erm, that's it.

Burney
03-23-2017, 01:54 PM
I'm fully resigned to decay and mortality now, b. I have drawn up a list of things to try to achieve before I pass:

1. Tumescence. Just once!
2. A brief period of rest and reflection between retirement and dementia.
3. Erm, that's it.

I would just like you to note that I have never mentioned to a soul what I saw that day at the hairdresser's.

Well, apart from when I showed the pic I'd taken to the barman at the Savoy, of course.

Other than that, I think I've been fiercely loyal.

SWv2
03-23-2017, 01:55 PM
The entry / exit point from where the Allan was shot would be the Great Hall. There is usually a tooled up police person near the door in there.

Which of course begs the question, wtf were they doing at the time?

It's not a competition dude.

One reacted quicker.

World's End Stella
03-23-2017, 02:39 PM

Have you started using that spray they make to cover up bald spots, Charles?

Sir C
03-23-2017, 02:59 PM

No, but if you link me up, I'll get on it :thumbup:

World's End Stella
03-23-2017, 03:04 PM
No, but if you link me up, I'll get on it :thumbup:

It's only for people with bald *spots*, Charles.

BTW, I would like to make it clear that Pokster is far balder than me. I actually have some hair left but my no. 1 all over style suits me.

I've seen eggs with more hair than Pokster.

Rich
03-23-2017, 03:13 PM

:hehe: This isn't really a thing, is it? Like spray-paint for your head!! :hehe: :hehe:

Pokster
03-23-2017, 03:15 PM
It's only for people with bald *spots*, Charles.

BTW, I would like to make it clear that Pokster is far balder than me. I actually have some hair left but my no. 1 all over style suits me.

I've seen eggs with more hair than Pokster.

I'm only bald as your mum plucks a hair out every time i **** her

World's End Stella
03-23-2017, 03:30 PM
:hehe: This isn't really a thing, is it? Like spray-paint for your head!! :hehe: :hehe:

Oh yes, you see it on American telly as one of those infomercials where they try and sell you something.

They pitch it as a spray which has tiny particles which cling to tiny hairs on your scalp thus creating short think hairs which cover your bald spot.

But in reality it's just spray painting your head.

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2017, 03:33 PM

:nod: as modelled by Paddy in Phoenix Nights