PDA

View Full Version : It has to be said that the picture of the Muslim girl on Westminster Bridge yesterday

Burney
03-23-2017, 09:53 AM
really is proving a remarkably effective means of distinguishing between decent, empathetic people with legitimate concerns about the place of Islam in modern western society and hate-filled ****s.

Pokster
03-23-2017, 09:57 AM
really is proving a remarkably effective means of distinguishing between decent, empathetic people with legitimate concerns about the place of Islam in modern western society and hate-filled ****s.

What about the ****s that get phones out to take pictures rather than help... they are far worse than her imo

Monty92
03-23-2017, 09:59 AM

Opportunist c*nts, not necessarily hate-filled imo.

Pat Vegas
03-23-2017, 10:02 AM
What about the ****s that get phones out to take pictures rather than help... they are far worse than her imo

Or people getting on a bus in the background.

redgunamo
03-23-2017, 10:05 AM

:nod: Reporters, photo-journalists. That sort.

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2017, 10:10 AM

Or the white man doing exactly the same thing

SWv2
03-23-2017, 10:17 AM
:nod: Reporters, photo-journalists. That sort.

Bloggers?

Here I am, Westminster Bridge, sad face. Avocado for dinner.

#staystrong

Sir C
03-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Talking of white men, Lee Dixon was having absolutely no truck at all with strange foreign types exhibiting emotion last night when Poldi was being feted. :hehe: He as good as called you Germans a bunch of puffs.

redgunamo
03-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Bloggers?

Here I am, Westminster Bridge, sad face. Avocado for dinner.

#staystrong

I gather the idea is, it's alright so long as you get paid for it :homer:

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Talking of white men, Lee Dixon was having absolutely no truck at all with strange foreign types exhibiting emotion last night when Poldi was being feted. :hehe: He as good as called you Germans a bunch of puffs.
:music: One-nil to the Fatherland, One Nil to the Fatherland :music: People appreciating players who do well for their country - it will never take off in England. Not sure how much of his post-match lap of honour ITV showed - German TV kept the cameras on him for ages - possibly to see if he fell off the fence he was climbing. Some strike though

Sir C
03-23-2017, 10:25 AM
:music: One-nil to the Fatherland, One Nil to the Fatherland :music: People appreciating players who do well for their country - it will never take off in England. Not sure how much of his post-match lap of honour ITV showed - German TV kept the cameras on him for ages - possibly to see if he fell off the fence he was climbing. Some strike though

They kept pointing at it through the window in utter, utter outrage. "He's still out there!"

Sometimes the English really are an embarrassment.

World's End Stella
03-23-2017, 10:26 AM

Link? 10 f*cking characters

redgunamo
03-23-2017, 10:27 AM
They kept pointing at it through the window in utter, utter outrage. "He's still out there!"

Sometimes the English really are an embarrassment.

From foreigners, that charge is a compliment though. Naturally, and rightly so, we are our own most implacable critics.

World's End Stella
03-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Chinese woman as well. Although I'm not too sure what Burney's point really is re this picture.

SWv2
03-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Can a kind person please enlighten me as to what this photo is?

Burney
03-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Opportunist c*nts, not necessarily hate-filled imo.

Hmmmm. I'd say that if you look at a picture of a scared, panicked and clearly upset kid and what you see is a callous, uncaring radical Islamic terrorist sympathiser, you probably have more than your fair share of hate.

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2017, 10:34 AM
http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/whats-wrong-with-this-photograph/news-story/9fafd1a593f4c94e86c782b6b59cf385

redgunamo
03-23-2017, 10:36 AM

Google is your friend, buddy. Of course there's no kind people around here

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/8f4326dfa21743d193b97c22bf62bc4f/young-woman-running-over-westminster-bridge-in-london-gw5419.jpg

Burney
03-23-2017, 10:36 AM

Jesus, it's like you people have never heard of fvcking Google :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
03-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Chinese woman as well. Although I'm not too sure what Burney's point really is re this picture.

A very valid one as his post to Monty explains. I must admit I read his original post wrong. Though unlike some that might be because I hurriedly looked up what he was talking about rather than expecting someone to do it for me

IUFG
03-23-2017, 10:40 AM
http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/8f4326dfa21743d193b97c22bf62bc4f/young-woman-running-over-westminster-bridge-in-london-gw5419.jpg

I've always thought that Portcullis House was designed without being sympathetic to the architecture of the Palace of Westminster buildings across the road.

redgunamo
03-23-2017, 10:41 AM
I've always thought that Portcullis House was designed without being sympathetic to the architecture of the Palace of Westminster buildings across the road.

Oh? I didn't notice, to be honest.

World's End Stella
03-23-2017, 10:44 AM
http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/whats-wrong-with-this-photograph/news-story/9fafd1a593f4c94e86c782b6b59cf385

Ah, I see. I looked at that photo and thought that she seemed slightly shocked and was behaving as I probably would have.

As Burney says, hate filled c*nts

Sir C
03-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Hmmmm. I'd say that if you look at a picture of a scared, panicked and clearly upset kid and what you see is a callous, uncaring radical Islamic terrorist sympathiser, you probably have more than your fair share of hate.

:shrug: It may resonate because we just don't know. There is definitely a perception that 'moderate' Muslims are allowing radicalisation to fester within their communities without speaking out or acting against it. We know the huge numbers of victims of FGM whose assaulters are never brought to justice. We know that people close to yesterday's attacker would have heard and known of his views and protected him.

Whether that particular kid is scared and upset isn't really relevant today. She simply stands as a symbol for the hundreds of thousands of her compatriots who turn their faces away.

Burney
03-23-2017, 10:48 AM
:shrug: It may resonate because we just don't know. There is definitely a perception that 'moderate' Muslims are allowing radicalisation to fester within their communities without speaking out or acting against it. We know the huge numbers of victims of FGM whose assaulters are never brought to justice. We know that people close to yesterday's attacker would have heard and known of his views and protected him.

Whether that particular kid is scared and upset isn't really relevant today. She simply stands as a symbol for the hundreds of thousands of her compatriots who turn their faces away.

People aren't symbols. They're people. And when you start treating them as symbols or projecting your anger, prejudices and fears onto individuals, you're on a fvcking slippery slope.

Sir C
03-23-2017, 10:48 AM
Ah, I see. I looked at that photo and thought that she seemed slightly shocked and was behaving as I probably would have.

As Burney says, hate filled c*nts

You signal that virtue hard, Saintlyboy! :clap:

By the way, don't you find it amusing when people object to those who are 'hate-filled' by referring to them as ****s? Is **** a term of endearment or empathy round your way?

SWv2
03-23-2017, 10:49 AM

Fat Gay Men?

A person can have views on a matter, picking up a knife or carrying an explosive device perhaps a whole different matter. I would have known hundreds of IRA sympathisers when I was young, only a handful were ever actually involved.

Sir C
03-23-2017, 10:51 AM
People aren't symbols. They're people. And when you start treating them as symbols or projecting your anger, prejudices and fears onto individuals, you're on a fvcking slippery slope.

:shrug: I simply tried to explain why people might have such an emotional response to the photograph. There's no need to go around spitting feathers about it.

Sir C
03-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Fat Gay Men?

A person can have views on a matter, picking up a knife or carrying an explosive device perhaps a whole different matter. I would have known hundreds of IRA sympathisers when I was young, only a handful were ever actually involved.

Yes, but knowing about it and doing nothing is just as bad as doing it. You see that, don't you?

SWv2
03-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Yes, but knowing about it and doing nothing is just as bad as doing it. You see that, don't you?

Knowing about what exactly?

A person who knew this bloke yesterday was planning an attack yes, a person who knew he had radical views or sympathies I am less sure.

Burney
03-23-2017, 10:59 AM
:shrug: I simply tried to explain why people might have such an emotional response to the photograph. There's no need to go around spitting feathers about it.

No feather-spitting here. I understand the initial emotional reaction, but I don't think it's helpful to indulge it - particularly when it's based on a whole bunch of supposition.

There are lots of understandable emotional reactions that people have. Many muslims have emotional reactions to pictures of dead muslim kids in Syria. Doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on them if they start screaming 'death to the west' because of it, though. :shrug:

World's End Stella
03-23-2017, 11:02 AM
You signal that virtue hard, Saintlyboy! :clap:

By the way, don't you find it amusing when people object to those who are 'hate-filled' by referring to them as ****s? Is **** a term of endearment or empathy round your way?

What are you on about now you senile, old goat? You object to me pointing out that someone seems to be using a tragedy to further for their own personal agenda against Muslims and that as a result they are likely to hate people because of their religion and that as a result 'c*nt' might be an entirely appropriate word?

F*ck me.