PDA

View Full Version : You've got to love Norman Tebbitt's take on the sad passing of McGuinness.

Sir C
03-22-2017, 11:36 AM

:clap: The second greatest living Englishman.

Burney
03-22-2017, 11:43 AM

Yes. Someone on Twitter yesterday said that McGuinness's death had acted like an ultra-violet light to reveal moral bankruptcy. And, as one watched one despicable cūnt after another clamouring to say nice things about him, it was hard to disagree.

I agree Normo's the second greatest living Englishman, of course, but he's still some way behind Sir Geoffrey.

Luis Anaconda
03-22-2017, 12:21 PM

I read that and thought that is pretty much what Berni said on awimb. Despicable **** of course (Tebbitt, not b), but you have to admire the sheer passion in the prose

Burney
03-22-2017, 12:23 PM
I read that and thought that is pretty much what Berni said on awimb. Despicable **** of course (Tebbitt, not b), but you have to admire the sheer passion in the prose

Well I imagine if someone had paralysed your wife and killed your friends, you'd be fairly passionate about it, too.

Sir C
03-22-2017, 12:25 PM

The despicable **** probably feels sorry for his wife. What a rotter!

Luis Anaconda
03-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Well I imagine if someone had paralysed your wife and killed your friends, you'd be fairly passionate about it, too.

Oh, quite. In this I have utmost respect for his opinions. In other matters, less so. Seems awfully fond of Jimmy Savile still, for some reason

Burney
03-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Oh, quite. In this I have utmost respect for his opinions. In other matters, less so. Seems awfully fond of Jimmy Savile still, for some reason

Yes I saw that. Interestingly, those circulating what he said about Savile didn't seem to get that his equivocations on the subject (nonced a few kids off, but did a lot of good) were morally identical to those being trotted out by the world and his wife vis-a-vis McGuinness.

Luis Anaconda
03-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Yes I saw that. Interestingly, those circulating what he said about Savile didn't seem to get that his equivocations on the subject (nonced a few kids off, but did a lot of good) were morally identical to those being trotted out by the world and his wife vis-a-vis McGuinness.

The thing I was reading with those quotes actually said precisely that, but I can imagine others missing the irony. I think it was Paul McCartney who said:

"There is good and bad in everyone,
We learn to live, when we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive, together alive"

and I think we can all agree he is a despicable ****

SWv2
03-22-2017, 12:41 PM

An entirely reasonable reaction from the man all things considered.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-22-2017, 12:41 PM
The thing I was reading with those quotes actually said precisely that, but I can imagine others missing the irony. I think it was Paul McCartney who said:

WD Sir Thumbsaloft

RIPJorge

Sir C
03-22-2017, 12:45 PM

Talented pilot, mind.

Luis Anaconda
03-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Talented pilot, mind.

At his best in Wings?

Burney
03-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Must admit that most people I saw appeared to be tweeting it as a means of undermining Tebbit's judgement of McGuinness.

SWv2
03-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Talented pilot, mind.

I was of the impression that planes pretty much flew themselves these days.

Burney
Talented pilot, mind.

Like Peter, he's a native of Ponder's End, poor chap.

Luis Anaconda
Must admit that most people I saw appeared to be tweeting it as a means of undermining Tebbit's judgement of McGuinness.

:nod: A quick scan of Twitter would back that up

Viva Prat Vegas
03-22-2017, 12:50 PM
I was of the impression that planes pretty much flew themselves these days.

Aeroplanes

IUFG
03-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Aeroplanes

aircraft .