PDA

View Full Version : Now, I'm the first to applaud Chuck Berry's contribution to Rock and Roll, but

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
I can't help but feel that the fulsome tributes over the weekend did rather gloss over his conviction for taking a 14 year-old girl over a state line for sex and him putting cameras in the ladies' lavatories of his restaurant and filming over 200 women.

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 11:23 AM
I can't help but feel that the fulsome tributes over the weekend did rather gloss over his conviction for taking a 14 year-old girl over a state line for sex and him putting cameras in the ladies' lavatories of his restaurant and filming over 200 women.

Yes, but you're dangerously obsessed with all that sort of thing, aren't you.

He was a good man, imo.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:24 AM

Yes, when the glw told me he'd died I noted that he was a fine musician but an enthusiastic sex criminal; she assured me that I was mistaken and that I was thinking of Jerry Lee Lewis.

It would appear that Jerry is tainted for eternity for one small indiscretion by that Chuck gets a free pass for a lifetime of deviancy. Political correctness, one assumes.

World's End Stella
03-20-2017, 11:25 AM

I'm led to believe there is also a video of him urinating on a blonde prostitute and then farting volcanically.

There's no reason a rock n roll legend can't be a horrible human being, I suppose. RIP Chuck, no matter how much of a c*nt you were.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:28 AM
I'm led to believe there is also a video of him urinating on a blonde prostitute and then farting volcanically.

There's no reason a rock n roll legend can't be a horrible human being, I suppose. RIP Chuck, no matter how much of a c*nt you were.

One wonders what part of this story you find most objectionable; the urinating, the blondeness, or the fart?

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Yes, when the glw told me he'd died I noted that he was a fine musician but an enthusiastic sex criminal; she assured me that I was mistaken and that I was thinking of Jerry Lee Lewis.

It would appear that Jerry is tainted for eternity for one small indiscretion by that Chuck gets a free pass for a lifetime of deviancy. Political correctness, one assumes.

Yes. At least Jerry Lee married the 13 year-old cousin before knobbing her. Honourable, y'see? Not like Berry, who was a foul deviant.

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:31 AM
One wonders what part of this story you find most objectionable; the urinating, the blondeness, or the fart?

The fart does seem to be overegging the pudding somewhat to me. I mean one assumes the lady had agreed a price for everything else, but the fart I'm guessing was extra.

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:32 AM
Yes, but you're dangerously obsessed with all that sort of thing, aren't you.

He was a good man, imo.

Not as obsessed as he was, by all accounts.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2017, 11:33 AM
The deviant sweated profusely

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:33 AM
The fart does seem to be overegging the pudding somewhat to me. I mean one assumes the lady had agreed a price for everything else, but the fart I'm guessing was extra.

I find it hard to condemn a chap on the basis of a guess, though. The fart may have been entirely consensual.

Is he not entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty?

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:34 AM

Yes, but that's enough about WES, we're talking about Chuck Berry here.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:34 AM

This is no time to drag WES into the issue.

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:35 AM
I find it hard to condemn a chap on the basis of a guess, though. The fart may have been entirely consensual.

Was Jimmy Savile? :shrug:

If Berry is not to be criticised for his deviancy, I think we need to reassess the career of Sir Jingle-Jangle. :nod:

Pat Vegas
03-20-2017, 11:37 AM

I play Johnny B. Goode badly on my guitar that'll teach him.

however nearly all rock songs have the chuck berry lick in them.

Viva Prat Vegas
Yes, but that's enough about WES, we're talking about Chuck Berry here.

This is no time to drag WES into the issue.

We will look at the slow video replay to see who tapped that one in

Sir C
Was Jimmy Savile? :shrug:

If Berry is not to be criticised for his deviancy, I think we need to reassess the career of Sir Jingle-Jangle. :nod:

I am afraid that has been my attitude to Sir Jimmy all along. The relish with shich he is universally condemned is deeply disturbing to me, given that he never had an opportunity to defend himself.

'He must have done it because lots of people say he did, plus he looks like a deviant', appears to be the line of reasoning. That right there is filthy leftist thinking, and should be firmly rejected.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:38 AM
I play Johnny B. Goode badly on my guitar that'll teach him.

however nearly all rock songs have the chuck berry lick in them.

I'm not sure I wish to ponder Chuck Berry's licking, to be honest.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:39 AM
We will look at the slow video replay to see who tapped that one in

b's had more characters and therefore wins, imo.

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Not as obsessed as he was, by all accounts.

Different matter entirely if one is actually "in the moment", ain't it.

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:43 AM
I am afraid that has been my attitude to Sir Jimmy all along. The relish with shich he is universally condemned is deeply disturbing to me, given that he never had an opportunity to defend himself.

'He must have done it because lots of people say he did, plus he looks like a deviant', appears to be the line of reasoning. That right there is filthy leftist thinking, and should be firmly rejected.

Talking of which, did you see Laurie Penny making an arse of herself of Twitter yesterday by suggesting that asian women are short and then being properly Twitch-trialled into abject apology for it? Hilarious, it was. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
03-20-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure I wish to ponder Chuck Berry's licking, to be honest.

:hehe:

On a side note I now have an urge to buy a SG.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:44 AM

:nono: Deposit. House.

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 11:45 AM

Don't you like Paris, P?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2017, 11:48 AM

Pay the £300 water bill first

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2017, 11:56 AM

:music:
My Ding-A-Ling
My Ding-a-Ling
I want you to play with my ding-a-ling

:judge:

Burney
03-20-2017, 11:58 AM
My Ding-A-Ling
My Ding-a-Ling

He did offer a few clues, it's true.

'Marie is only six years old' :yikes:

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 11:59 AM

Right, but there's alot of jealous people about.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 11:59 AM
My Ding-A-Ling
My Ding-a-Ling

Saucy fellow.

No chance of dinner and a movie first?

Sir C
03-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Talking of which, did you see Laurie Penny making an arse of herself of Twitter yesterday by suggesting that asian women are short and then being properly Twitch-trialled into abject apology for it? Hilarious, it was. :hehe:

No I missed that :-(

Hoist by her own petard, really.

Burney
03-20-2017, 12:05 PM
No I missed that :-(

Hoist by her own petard, really.

It was brilliant. She tweeted something about wanting to source clothes because she's a short-arse and asked where short Asian women got their clothes in the UK. Cue thousands of lefties sniffing blood and castigating her for reinforcing negative stereotypes of Asian women. She was reduced to mea culpa-ing massively, claiming she had to work on her white privilege and claiming her thoughtlessness was down to tweeting when she was hungry ( :shrug: ).

Naturally, these being lefties, no-one at any stage pointed out the salient fact that - on average - asian women are actually relatively short. :hehe:

Viva Prat Vegas
03-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Saucy fellow.

No chance of dinner and a movie first?

Maybe(llene)
;-)

Sir C
03-20-2017, 12:10 PM
It was brilliant. She tweeted something about wanting to source clothes because she's a short-arse and asked where short Asian women got their clothes in the UK. Cue thousands of lefties sniffing blood and castigating her for reinforcing negative stereotypes of Asian women. She was reduced to mea culpa-ing massively, claiming she had to work on her white privilege and claiming her thoughtlessness was down to tweeting when she was hungry ( :shrug: ).

Naturally, these being lefties, no-one at any stage pointed out the salient fact that - on average - asian women are actually relatively short. :hehe:

:hehe: It's fun being with a western woman in a clothes shop in south east Asia when she asks for a bigger size. "Big like you?" :yikes: No hope. We're like fúc king elephants compared to south east Asians.

Burney
03-20-2017, 12:13 PM
:hehe: It's fun being with a western woman in a clothes shop in south east Asia when she asks for a bigger size. "Big like you?" :yikes: No hope. We're like fúc king elephants compared to south east Asians.

Yes, being of average height, I never really expected to notice it as much as I did. But you do find yourself towering over people. Strange feeling.

Pat Vegas
03-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Yes, being of average height, I never really expected to notice it as much as I did. But you do find yourself towering over people. Strange feeling.

:cloud9: I will go there so I can feel like this bloke from Bloodsport.

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/bloodsport5.jpg

Mo Britain less Europe
03-20-2017, 12:19 PM
My take on awimb is there are some massive useless dogs perched on tiny mangers.

World's End Stella
03-20-2017, 01:10 PM

Oh the fart by some distance.

The fact that he was banging a blonde prostitute while he was married isn't of any interest to me whatsoever. The fact that he likes to do a pee pee on his partner is bizarre and slightly unsettling but ultimately his sexual preferences are mostly beyond his control and as he was the paying customer etc.

But the fart is just rude.