PDA

View Full Version : I was happy about those banners being flown.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Useful income for a flying club at the end of winter when money is at its tightest. It's also great fun flying a banner; the pickup is awfully fun, with just enough of a tinge of danger to make it exciting. It's an odd feeling when the banner lifts and the aircraft feels as though you've slammed the brakes on.

Anyway, wd muggy banner blokes.

Burney
03-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Useful income for a flying club at the end of winter when money is at its tightest. It's also great fun flying a banner; the pickup is awfully fun, with just enough of a tinge of danger to make it exciting. It's an odd feeling when the banner lifts and the aircraft feels as though you've slammed the brakes on.

I was hoping they might start dogfighting.

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 10:56 AM

Useful income for you at the end of Winter when your mum is at her tightest, imo.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 10:56 AM
I was hoping they might start dogfighting.

I didn't see the aircraft in question, but usually you'd be using something like a Super Cub for banner towing. Flat out at 90 mph and not a great deal in the way of usable ailerons, really.

In short, it souldn't be much of a dogfight.

Sir C
03-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Useful income for you at the end of Winter when your mum is at her tightest, imo.

Oh, well played r! Nicely slotted. As it were.

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Oh, well played r! Nicely slotted. As it were.

Not the convincing finish I was looking for really, sort of bundled it over the line. They all count though, of course.