PDA

View Full Version : Ugh. It's a grim business this season. Like watching a beloved old pet go

Burney
03-20-2017, 09:35 AM
blind and deaf and incontinent, but not having the courage to have it quietly put to sleep. :-(

Still, at least Ireland beat England to raise one's spirits somewhat.

IUFG
03-20-2017, 09:42 AM
blind and deaf and incontinent, but not having the courage to have it quietly put to sleep. :-(

:nod: sad seens, really.

Like watching a loved one with Alzheimer's change to the point you don't recognise them anymore...

Still enough of the sentimental *******s, Wenger Out!

Billy Goat Sverige
03-20-2017, 09:42 AM

He's at that stage in a relationship where the woman wants rid and he pleads he can change. "Please don't leave me, I can work under a director of football. I can adjust my non-existent tactics".

Pat Vegas
03-20-2017, 09:43 AM

Can't you batter him like you did that fox?

Burney
03-20-2017, 09:44 AM
:nod: sad seens, really.

Like watching a loved one with Alzheimer's change to the point you don't recognise them anymore...

Still enough of the sentimental *******s, Wenger Out!

Oh, regardless of the stuff in the papers, I have no doubt he'll go. I just hope he doesn't try and cling on and have to be shoved unceremoniously out of the door.

Burney
03-20-2017, 09:45 AM

:-( He deserves better than to be beaten to death by a half-pïssed man with a brick, f.

But thanks for bringing up that memory. :cry:

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Oh, regardless of the stuff in the papers, I have no doubt he'll go. I just hope he doesn't try and cling on and have to be shoved unceremoniously out of the door.

Tony Pulis says Wenger told him He would be staying. That's good enough for me, to be honest.

Burney
03-20-2017, 09:53 AM
Tony Pulis says Wenger told him He would be staying. That's good enough for me, to be honest.

I wouldn't trust Tony Pulis if he told me rain falls down, tbh.

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't trust Tony Pulis if he told me rain falls down, tbh.

Yes, but it's not *about* trust, is it. It's about banter.

World's End Stella
03-20-2017, 10:00 AM

Sorry, I've missed something here.

Burney did something to a fox? With a brick?

Tell me more, Pat.

Pat Vegas
03-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Sorry, I've missed something here.

Burney did something to a fox? With a brick?

Tell me more, Pat.

There was a misunderstanding over a text so he battered a fox to prove a point.

I may be mixing things up here.

Rich
03-20-2017, 10:09 AM

It seems that Arsenal have leaked the fact he's staying to the press. Or do you think that's just a bluff to quell the speculation until the season is out?

Burney
03-20-2017, 10:15 AM
It seems that Arsenal have leaked the fact he's staying to the press. Or do you think that's just a bluff to quell the speculation until the season is out?

I think that - correctly - the Arsenal does not wish to be seen as the sort of club that bows to the mitherings of the press or its entitled manbaby fans to unceremoniously force their longest-serving and greatest ever manager out of the door. We're not Chelsea, after all.

Rich
03-20-2017, 10:20 AM
I think that - correctly - the Arsenal does not wish to be seen as the sort of club that bows to the mitherings of the press or its entitled manbaby fans to unceremoniously force their longest-serving and greatest ever manager out of the door. We're not Chelsea, after all.

Well Arsene says that we'll know 'very soon' which one assumes means in the international break.

I'm going to have to disagree with you and suggest that he'll sign a two year extension and walk away in 2019.

redgunamo
03-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Well Arsene says that we'll know 'very soon' which one assumes means in the international break.

I'm going to have to disagree with you and suggest that he'll sign a two year extension and walk away in 2019.

Thing is, He specifically said He wouldn't be announcing anything during the international break. This leads me to believe He's staying. No panic, no urgency; business as usual for the foreseeable future, imo.