PDA

View Full Version : Leicester have got Atleti.

Sir C
03-17-2017, 11:28 AM
They've got some hard bástards, right? Someone to give Vardy the ****ing he so richly deserves?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Did you see the unsporting way he collapsed after touching heads with Sammy Nasri ?
:-(

Sir C
03-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Did you see the unsporting way he collapsed after touching heads with Sammy Nasri ?
:-(

He is a no-good low-down dirty rat.

Lower even than Nasri.

Burney
03-17-2017, 11:39 AM
He is a no-good low-down dirty rat.

Lower even than Nasri.

Ah, Jimmy Cagney. You don't hear much from him nowadays, do you? I can remember when he was a standard for every hack impressionist. Now, not so much.

Pat Vegas
03-17-2017, 11:39 AM
They've got some hard bástards, right? Someone to give Vardy the ****ing he so richly deserves?

Leicester will beat them.
They beat Sevilla who are higher than then them in La Liga.

are the semi finals determined or is there another draw for that?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Juve v Barca will be good

Ash
03-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Leicester will beat them.
They beat Sevilla who are higher than then them in La Liga.

I wish we could have got Sevilla or Kleftiko Madrid for a change.

redgunamo
03-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Ah, Jimmy Cagney. You don't hear much from him nowadays, do you? I can remember when he was a standard for every hack impressionist. Now, not so much.

And yet his best role and performance was a light-hearted comedy one. He played a writer alongside Pat O'Brien(?).

Luis Anaconda
03-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Kenny Sansom did a very good one back in the day

Sir C
03-17-2017, 12:54 PM

That was odd, though. Every impressionist on the telly in the 70s would do Jimmy Cagney, 30 years after his films were popular. It's the equivalent of impressionists today doing Patrick Swayze impressions.

Burney
03-17-2017, 12:58 PM
That was odd, though. Every impressionist on the telly in the 70s would do Jimmy Cagney, 30 years after his films were popular. It's the equivalent of impressionists today doing Patrick Swayze impressions.

It's true. Although I suppose you might get the odd Sylvester Stallone or Schwarzenegger impression now, I suppose. But I think society moved more slowly in those days. I seem to remember that in the 80s, the 50s seemed closer to older people then than the 80s does to us now.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-17-2017, 01:02 PM

Yes
They would also do Humphrey Bogart and talk about gin joints and blue eyesh

Sir C
03-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Yes
They would also do Humphrey Bogart and talk about gin joints and blue eyesh

I wonder how much it was due to people's memories of wartime being so powerful and visceral; seeing Casablanca when it was released, at a time of heightened reality and preception, probably stayed with those people much more clearly than us seeing Star Wars.

Burney
03-17-2017, 01:19 PM
I wonder how much it was due to people's memories of wartime being so powerful and visceral; seeing Casablanca when it was released, at a time of heightened reality and preception, probably stayed with those people much more clearly than us seeing Star Wars.

It's probably more to do with the fact that those old movies were repeated on pretty much constant hard rotation on the BBC in those days.

redgunamo
03-17-2017, 01:52 PM
It's true. Although I suppose you might get the odd Sylvester Stallone or Schwarzenegger impression now, I suppose. But I think society moved more slowly in those days. I seem to remember that in the 80s, the 50s seemed closer to older people then than the 80s does to us now.

Depends which old people too; older siblings or merely parents. The latter are really really old and boring and to be largely ignored, in any case. The former are old but old the way you want to be old; cool and with more money, better cars and clothes and Radio 1 playing the music of the Sixties and Seventies all day.