PDA

View Full Version : Whilst it seemed all doom and gloom a quick look at the league table

Pat Vegas
03-17-2017, 10:12 AM
shows that it's not so bad.

Whilst we may have been poor. we can't be crap all the time.

with one game hand on spurs if we win that we are only 3 points behind them. As wonderful as we told they are they only have the same points as City who are a bit crap apparently.

win both of our games in hand and we are above Liverpool.

We'll finish 3rd and win the Fa cup.

Pokster
03-17-2017, 10:17 AM

with one game hand on spurs if we win that we are only 3 points behind them. As wonderful as we told they are they only have the same points as City who are a bit crap apparently.

Ideal world we finish 3rd, spurs 4th and man u win the Europa League to keep Spurs out of the CL... and then AW sails off into the sunset and a new era starts at Arsenal

Billy Goat Sverige
03-17-2017, 10:32 AM

I looked at it the other day and thought the opposite. Didn't realise we were 5 points behind Liverpool. Rather have the points on the board at this stage. Having said that i'm close to being past the point of caring. It seems more and more likely he'll be manager next year and i can't be bothered with it anymore.

Luis Anaconda
03-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Ideal world we finish 3rd, spurs 4th and man u win the Europa League to keep Spurs out of the CL... and then AW sails off into the sunset and a new era starts at Arsenal

Leicester would have to win the Champions League and United the Europa League for 4th to miss out

PSRB
03-17-2017, 10:46 AM
I looked at it the other day and thought the opposite. Didn't realise we were 5 points behind Liverpool. Rather have the points on the board at this stage. Having said that i'm close to being past the point of caring. It seems more and more likely he'll be manager next year and i can't be bothered with it anymore.

We do have West Brom tomorrow. 1. Our record in early kick offs is awful. 2. Our away record against Pulis is equally awful :-)

Billy Goat Sverige
03-17-2017, 10:50 AM
We do have West Brom tomorrow. 1. Our record in early kick offs is awful. 2. Our away record against Pulis is equally awful :-)

Southampton away is one of the games in hand as well, which is always a tough one.

Ash
03-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Southampton away is one of the games in hand as well, which is always a tough one.

:nod: We're fùcking doomed, Billy. Lost five of our last seven. On current form it's very unlikely we'll finish top four or win the FA Cup. Of course, form can change and The SFC has a canny knack of rescuing a season from the brink of the abyss.

I think I'd take an FA Cup win and out of the top four, but we haven't beaten a top side since the misfiring Chelsea, which basically means all season. Can't see us suddenly beating two good sides to win the Cup. I can't believe that I finally want the auld fella to call it a day but I think the time has come, even if he doesn't.

Rich
03-17-2017, 12:31 PM

This. It's just so dull with Wenger in charge. I am bored of 4th place. We can't compete for the best players so I'm just going to wait until the manager changes until I get excited again.

The thought of beating Spurs in the FA Cup final excites me a great deal, though.

Fortunately I have AFCB to support as well. One thing you cannot accuse them of is being predictable.

Luis Anaconda
03-17-2017, 12:47 PM
This. It's just so dull with Wenger in charge. I am bored of 4th place. We can't compete for the best players so I'm just going to wait until the manager changes until I get excited again.

The thought of beating Spurs in the FA Cup final excites me a great deal, though.

Fortunately I have AFCB to support as well. One thing you cannot accuse them of is being predictable.
Just for the record - we have finished fourth 3 times in the last seven season. You are bored of finishing in a place we finish in less than 50 per cent of the time

Ash
03-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Just for the record - we have finished fourth 3 times in the last seven season. You are bored of finishing in a place we finish in less than 50 per cent of the time

I believe that 'fourth' is Arsenalfanese for 'second, third or fourth'.

Sir C
03-17-2017, 12:53 PM

"I'm bored with my football team because we don't win the league."

And they say our supporters are spoilt, entitled brats! :hehe:

Rich
03-17-2017, 12:53 PM

You are, of course, quite correct. 2nd/3rd/4th really all feel the same when it's what happens every single year.

Rich
03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
"I'm bored with my football team because we don't win the league."

And they say our supporters are spoilt, entitled brats! :hehe:

It's not that, I wouldn't mind if we fought until the bitter end. But we're so mentally feeble that we give up half way through the season and then surge back to 3rd when the pressure is off. And then we're supposed to celebrate that as a victory? Fair enough if it was a one off and we usually finished 6th. But it's the same every year and we make no effort to improve on it.

Luis Anaconda
03-17-2017, 12:59 PM
It's not that, I wouldn't mind if we fought until the bitter end. But we're so mentally feeble that we give up half way through the season and then surge back to 3rd when the pressure is off. And then we're supposed to celebrate that as a victory? Fair enough if it was a one off and we usually finished 6th. But it's the same every year and we make no effort to improve on it.

Three of our biggest signings of all time came last summer. The other two are our 2 world-class players - that is is some effort surely

(though I do appreciate where you are coming from on this)

Sir C
03-17-2017, 01:02 PM

What a lot of old bóllocks.

Fans of 85 professional clubs would give an arm to be as 'boring' as we are. You're not interested in supporting the club, you're interested in the reflected glory that you think a title brings, and until you get one you're going to sulk.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-17-2017, 01:05 PM

:hehe: x 3

redgunamo
03-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Anyway, didn't you admit you couldn't be bothered to go and support the team anymore yourself nowadays?

Fans of 85 professional clubs would give an arm to be as 'boring' as we are. You're not interested in supporting the club, you're interested in the reflected glory that you think a title brings, and until you get one you're going to sulk.

Peter
03-17-2017, 01:22 PM

There are a few games left that are a concern. Away to Spurs, Stoke, Southampton. Home to United and City. I don't see many wins from those five.

Away to West Brom isn't going to be easy.

In other words, we are going to have to improve quickly if we want to finish in the top four.

Luis Anaconda
03-17-2017, 01:22 PM

Oh - I know that, but I am a stickler for accuracy :)

Peter
03-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Three of our biggest signings of all time came last summer. The other two are our 2 world-class players - that is is some effort surely

(though I do appreciate where you are coming from on this)

Its true. We cant even blame the money anymore.

It must be Ramsey's fault. :)

Luis Anaconda
03-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Its true. We cant even blame the money anymore.

It must be Ramsey's fault. :)
I blame Almunia

Peter
03-17-2017, 01:26 PM

This has become familiar at Arsenal. Notice how we like to benchmark against the teams/clubs that are worse than us?

The problem, as ever, is the four clubs who wouldn't swap places with us.

Peter
03-17-2017, 01:27 PM
I blame Almunia

We would have won the Champions League if it hadn't been for that **** (and Henry)

Sir C
03-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Anyway, didn't you admit you couldn't be bothered to go and support the team anymore yourself nowadays?

Well, I gave up my season ticket because I couldn't cope with sitting amongst these fúcking morons any longer, yes. The fact that I happily stood on the North Bank for years and years with never a sniff of success suggests that I didn't share this attitude of entitlement.

And anyway, chaps in their 50s shouldn't really be going to football matches any more. It's a question of dignity.

Sir C
03-17-2017, 01:38 PM
This has become familiar at Arsenal. Notice how we like to benchmark against the teams/clubs that are worse than us?

The problem, as ever, is the four clubs who wouldn't swap places with us.

:shrug: I've always been amazed and grateful that we had a proud unbroken record in the top division and that occasionally we put together a team that could compete at the top of the league. You seem to be suggesting that if we're not at the absolute top of the pile, it's unacceptable.

I forgive you feeling entitled, that's a natural consequence of your unfortunate political leanings; no doubt you were brainwashed by some appalling Marxist teacher as a child and can't be held responsible. But I can't forgive the spoilt whining so easily.

redgunamo
03-17-2017, 01:41 PM
We would have won the Champions League if it hadn't been for that **** (and Henry)

It was that crazy German's fault, imo. Tony C called it before the match.

redgunamo
03-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Well, I gave up my season ticket because I couldn't cope with sitting amongst these fúcking morons any longer, yes. The fact that I happily stood on the North Bank for years and years with never a sniff of success suggests that I didn't share this attitude of entitlement.

And anyway, chaps in their 50s shouldn't really be going to football matches any more. It's a question of dignity.

I mostly agree with that but it's really only about supporting the team, ain't it. Having a good old moan does not preclude one supporting the team.

What the club actually wants though is our money; our goodwill is an optional extra.

Rich
03-17-2017, 02:17 PM
:shrug: I've always been amazed and grateful that we had a proud unbroken record in the top division and that occasionally we put together a team that could compete at the top of the league. You seem to be suggesting that if we're not at the absolute top of the pile, it's unacceptable.

I forgive you feeling entitled, that's a natural consequence of your unfortunate political leanings; no doubt you were brainwashed by some appalling Marxist teacher as a child and can't be held responsible. But I can't forgive the spoilt whining so easily.

But should we be happy with simply staying as we have been for the last 10 years or so? Should we not look to emulate the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and this season Chelsea who have looked to better themselves?

We are told that we have the money to compete with the Bayerns and Real Madrids (of course, this a lie fed to us by the board) and yet we don't show any signs of being willing to do this.

We appear to be quite predictable to play against and I'm not convinced of Arsene's appetite for managing born winners/superstars such as Alexis.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-17-2017, 02:38 PM
I am not bored of being in the top four. I am only bored when we fall over like a pack of cards, You can't win it every year but we should challenge for it every year and be beaten by a better team rather than by ourselves.

Luis Anaconda
03-17-2017, 02:49 PM
I am not bored of being in the top four. I am only bored when we fall over like a pack of cards, You can't win it every year but we should challenge for it every year and be beaten by a better team rather than by ourselves.
Post of the day, m

Peter
03-17-2017, 04:03 PM

Must you always be such an anus?

World's End Stella
03-17-2017, 04:14 PM

So are people who support Arsenal allowed to offer criticisms of the manager and the team and the club generally? Where would you draw the line between offering an opinion, exchanging ideas, engaging in qualitative analysis about something you care for and find interesting, and spoilt whining due to a sense of entitlement?

And wouldn't it be boring if everyone thought like Monty and just nodded dumbly every time the club or manager did something? Isn't having a view part of the fun?

Sir C
03-17-2017, 04:37 PM
So are people who support Arsenal allowed to offer criticisms of the manager and the team and the club generally? Where would you draw the line between offering an opinion, exchanging ideas, engaging in qualitative analysis about something you care for and find interesting, and spoilt whining due to a sense of entitlement?

And wouldn't it be boring if everyone thought like Monty and just nodded dumbly every time the club or manager did something? Isn't having a view part of the fun?

:shrug: It's a subjective judgement.

redgunamo
03-17-2017, 05:16 PM
and be beaten by a better team rather than by ourselves.

I've decided that almost every other team you can think of is actually "a better team than ourselves" because they all seem to lack the ability to consistently "fall over like a pack of cards".

I think Wenger's done it on purpose, unconscious of the consequences.