PDA

View Full Version : Lá Fheile Phadraig

SWv2
03-16-2017, 04:03 PM
What plans have ye for the big day then?? Green beer, green food, green attire at the very least.

Dublin is awash with tourists all swathed in green and wearing novelty hats and as much as I despise them I must admit that the hot snatch count is off the scale.

Sadly (for them) I expect a fair number of them will happen upon some very drunken and generally over-excited teenagers from the Northside tomorrow who will proceed to kick three layers of ****e out of them while taking their money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-qgHh31bw

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:20 PM
What plans have ye for the big day then?? Green beer, green food, green attire at the very least.

Dublin is awash with tourists all swathed in green and wearing novelty hats and as much as I despise them I must admit that the hot snatch count is off the scale.

Sadly (for them) I expect a fair number of them will happen upon some very drunken and generally over-excited teenagers from the Northside tomorrow who will proceed to kick three layers of ****e out of them while taking their money.

I shall be being English in England caring not one jot for your primitive rituals.

In the old days, j and I would have celebrated by having our traditional ding-dong about him being a plastic paddy, of course, but those days are gone.

Ash
03-16-2017, 04:34 PM
What plans have ye for the big day then??

I shall recall, as I do every year, the night of the FA Cup QF v West Ham and the moment Dennis elbowed his man in the face.

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:35 PM
I shall recall, as I do every year, the night of the FA Cup QF v West Ham and the moment Dennis elbowed his man in the face.

Steve Lomas. Rat-faced little cvnt - him, not you.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 04:39 PM

That's my firstborn's name. Spelled like that :-|

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:40 PM
That's my firstborn's name. Spelled like that :-|

What? Phadraig?

Ash
03-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Steve Lomas. Rat-faced little cvnt - him, not you.

That's given me an idea for a thread.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 04:46 PM
What? Phadraig?

Let's hope so otherwise there is a young chap running around France answering to the name of "The Dubliners"

Sir C
03-16-2017, 04:49 PM

You'll have a day off for drinking and brawling, I assume?

Don't forget to sneer at your neighbours for being one step down the social ladder from you and continue a feud with a member of your family that's been going on for 30 years. It's important to keep Irish traditions going :thumbup:

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Let's hope so otherwise there is a young chap running around France answering to the name of "The Dubliners"

r has never evinced any great affection for the Irish, though. Why would he lumber his firstborn so?

SWv2
03-16-2017, 04:53 PM
r has never evinced any great affection for the Irish, though. Why would he lumber his firstborn so?

Secretly ever person wishes they were Irish. This is a known fact.

Sir C

In memory of the first man he killed with his teeth? #southarmargh

Burney

Don't forget to sneer at your neighbours for being one step down the social ladder from you and continue a feud with a member of your family that's been going on for 30 years. It's important to keep Irish traditions going :thumbup:

And the sectarianism. Don't forget that.

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:54 PM
Secretly ever person wishes they were Irish. This is a known fact.

I fvcking don't. And I mostly am.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 04:54 PM

Yes tomorrow is a National day off, or whatever and indeed there will be brawling on a whole new scale.

For the record I always sneer at my neighbours as I don't really like them.

Sir C
03-16-2017, 04:55 PM
And the sectarianism. Don't forget that.

Oh the sectarianism goes without saying, as does the protection of *****philes. (That bit may have changed now.)

Luis Anaconda
03-16-2017, 04:56 PM

We had a parade here last Sunday - needless to say I avoided it like the plague. Will be out tomorrow of course but mainly because it is a Friday

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:57 PM
Yes tomorrow is a National day off, or whatever and indeed there will be brawling on a whole new scale.

I've never had a neighbour whose very existence didn't anger me. It could be the Dalai Lama and I wouldn't want the cvnt living next door.

Sir C
03-16-2017, 04:57 PM

Of course you don't like them! The only reason you'd like them would be if they had a few quid, in which case, of course, they'd be 'big people' and worthy of respect.

I know all this shít.

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:58 PM
We had a parade here last Sunday - needless to say I avoided it like the plague. Will be out tomorrow of course but mainly because it is a Friday

Well you can understand it, really. Dressing in green, drinking beer and being intolerant are traits Bavarians share with the Irish.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 04:59 PM
What? Phadraig?

Yes. My father named him after a schoolboy chum of his.

Sir C
03-16-2017, 04:59 PM
I've never had a neighbour whose very existence didn't anger me. It could be the Dalai Lama and I wouldn't want the cvnt living next door.

I very nearly punched a neighbour once. As we stood on my front door step I kept beckoning him inside, secure in the knowledge that I could deck him without fear of prosecution as he was attacking me on my property, but the **** wouldn't enter. I did, however, tell him that I would fúck him and his missus, which went down well.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Of course you don't like them! The only reason you'd like them would be if they had a few quid, in which case, of course, they'd be 'big people' and worthy of respect.

I know all this shít.

I don’t like them as mainly they are ****s and I believe at least 50% of them do look down on me.

This may be due to either a) when we first moved in I passed out on the sitting room floor and he had to go up a ladder to try and let himself in as he thought I may be dead or b) another night when I came home and he was entertaining in the back garden / patio so I took the hose to them over the wall.

We do chat sometimes – football mainly. He supports Dundalk.

Burney
03-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Yes. My father named him after a schoolboy chum of his.

So the poor chap has had to grow up with no bugger being able to spell or pronounce his name?

Poor(drigg) show by your aged p there imo.

Burney
03-16-2017, 05:03 PM
I don’t like them as mainly they are ****s and I believe at least 50% of them do look down on me.

This may be due to either a) when we first moved in I passed out on the sitting room floor and he had to go up a ladder to try and let himself in as he thought I may be dead or b) another night when I came home and he was entertaining in the back garden / patio so I took the hose to them over the wall.

You passed out on the sitting room floor? :hehe:

Sir C
03-16-2017, 05:04 PM

What was he doing looking through your sitting room window? Pervert ****.

Him, not you.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 05:04 PM

The moment he "became" Dennis Bergkamp, imo.

Burney
03-16-2017, 05:05 PM
I very nearly punched a neighbour once. As we stood on my front door step I kept beckoning him inside, secure in the knowledge that I could deck him without fear of prosecution as he was attacking me on my property, but the **** wouldn't enter. I did, however, tell him that I would fúck him and his missus, which went down well.

What I want from neighbours is complete silence and invisibility. Is that so much to ask? :shrug:

Actually, one of my neighbours is OK. She's a crazy old lady whose lawn I cut. The signal that she feels the grass is getting a bit long is that she goes out and starts cutting it with scissors, at which point I have to step in and mow it for her.

Sir C
03-16-2017, 05:07 PM
What I want from neighbours is complete silence and invisibility. Is that so much to ask? :shrug:

Actually, one of my neighbours is OK. She's a crazy old lady whose lawn I cut. The signal that she feels the grass is getting a bit long is that she goes out and starts cutting it with scissors, at which point I have to step in and mow it for her.

Is she lonely? You want to be worming your way into her affections. Think of the will, for Christ's sake.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 05:09 PM
You passed out on the sitting room floor? :hehe:

Yes, not my best moment on reflection. Had only moved in a few weeks and had kept a low profile until this point.

The Mrs had gone out for the day and by the time she got back whatever way I had locked up had denied her entry but clearly I could be seen through the window.

:-\

Burney
03-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Is she lonely? You want to be worming your way into her affections. Think of the will, for Christ's sake.

Good point, actually. She told me her father built all the houses in our road, so she might have a bit squirreled away. :rubchin:

Burney
03-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Yes, not my best moment on reflection. Had only moved in a few weeks and had kept a low profile until this point.

The Mrs had gone out for the day and by the time she got back whatever way I had locked up had denied her entry but clearly I could be seen through the window.

:-\

Quality. Rendering yourself so stotious that you are unable to respond to physical stimuli the minute your wife's back is turned is impressive stuff.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Quality. Rendering yourself so stotious that you are unable to respond to physical stimuli the minute your wife's back is turned is impressive stuff.

There was drink, drugs and loud music involved. Great fun.

I actually think Arsenal may even have been on the telly which was the catalyst for the whole social event.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 05:17 PM
So the poor chap has had to grow up with no bugger being able to spell or pronounce his name?

Poor(drigg) show by your aged p there imo.

Yeah. I sympathise completely though. They were raised together, practically as brothers, by P's dad after they both lost their mothers.

He was a good man, P's dad :cry:

barrybueno
03-16-2017, 05:19 PM

Im afraid its the one day of the year when I definitely wont be in my local O Neills. Sorry about that old chap :guinness:

Burney
03-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Yeah. I sympathise completely though. They were raised together, practically as brothers, by P's dad after they both lost their mothers.

He was a good man, P's dad :cry:

Steady on, old chap. No need for waterworks now, is there? :-\

So your dad's sort of part-Irish, then?

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Steady on, old chap. No need for waterworks now, is there? :-\

So your dad's sort of part-Irish, then?

:hehe: Sort of. Very sort of indeed.

i.e. Not at all. Missionary trouble-makers are all over the place down in those parts.