Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 02:58 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Sir C
03-16-2017, 03:02 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Global thermonuclear automotive policy strategy.

In practice this means a) talking shíte convincingly and b) management by walking about saying things like, "You can't do that!"

Ash
03-16-2017, 03:02 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Data Analyst

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Data Analyst

My perception of this is watching a screen with a chart and things moving up and down?

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:09 PM

In practice this means a) talking shíte convincingly and b) management by walking about saying things like, "You can't do that!"

How many miles to a megaton?

Pokster
03-16-2017, 03:10 PM

so you are not a second hand car salesman? Bloody WES the merchant Banker has been telling lies

Pokster
03-16-2017, 03:10 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

senior dealer... the senior is NOT because I am :old:

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:11 PM

Ah so you sell pensioners?
I would tell awimb what I do but I am not sure myself.

Luis Anaconda
03-16-2017, 03:14 PM

:) I was a senior editor now I am a managing editor - I think this means I am getting younger

Ash
My perception of this is watching a screen with a chart and things moving up and down?

Not really. I produce the tools that allow other people to sit there watching it (though it doesn't move in real time). And move data between systems. Extract it. Transform it. Manipulate it. Clean it. Repair it.

redgunamo
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Never had a job. Not a proper one anyway; no fun and the money's too small.

I did used to swan about in Global Areas of Conflict though, monetising trouble.

barrybueno
03-16-2017, 03:22 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Printer innit. But tbh Im like soooooo much more than just that...

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:22 PM

Do you ever use gold ink?

Burney
03-16-2017, 03:24 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Well I used to describe myself as a journalist, but discovered that my insurance costs less if I call myself a magazine editor. :shrug:

Burney
03-16-2017, 03:24 PM

Yes, you're a p1ss artist as well as an inky boy. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Well I used to describe myself as a journalist, but discovered that my insurance costs less if I call myself a magazine editor. :shrug:

There be lots of editors here.

EDIT: I will become an editor.

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:26 PM

Do you reckon he ever tried to print his own money?

Burney
03-16-2017, 03:27 PM
There be lots of editors here.

EDIT: I will become an editor.

I thought you wanted to make money?

Burney
03-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Never had a job. Not a proper one anyway; no fun and the money's too small.

I did used to swan about in Global Areas of Conflict though, monetising trouble.

'Monetising Trouble'. I like that. That's what should call your memoirs.

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:29 PM
I thought you wanted to make money?

:hehe: anything must be better than what I earn now.

I am a just a weird travel type who now is a temporary researcher for a tv shows :shrug:

Burney
03-16-2017, 03:33 PM
:hehe: anything must be better than what I earn now.

I am a just a weird travel type who now is a temporary researcher for a tv shows :shrug:

Yeah, but escaping that to join the publishing industry would be like being saved from drowning by the Titanic, f.

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Yeah, but escaping that to join the publishing industry would be like being saved from drowning by the Titanic, f.

Things I'd quite like to do is perhaps video editing. I will start this to be a hobby for youtube.

Scratch that idea. they seem to earn nothing.

Burney
03-16-2017, 03:38 PM
Things I'd quite like to do is perhaps video editing. I will start this to be a hobby for youtube.

Yes. You should do a video diary detailing the things that annoy you. I think that would be both content-rich and entertaining.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-16-2017, 03:40 PM
I would like to say "writer" but what pays the bills is that I'm a "businessman".

barrybueno
03-16-2017, 03:50 PM

:hehe: Ah yes of course, ok then Im a Stellar Printer ;-)

SWv2
03-16-2017, 03:51 PM
I was in a meeting like week with a Dutch and a Yank and was introduced to them as being the Head of Operations.

Came as quite a shock to me I have to say as I have never been described so before, however I sat back and rolled with it. Leter the Yank asked me if I had a business card, presumably with respect to touching base or maybe sending me an invitiation to Linkedin with him, but I said No.

barrybueno
03-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Do you ever use gold ink?

Many moons ago Ive printed stuff in gold, why the question P? :rubchin:

Burney
03-16-2017, 03:52 PM
I was in a meeting like week with a Dutch and a Yank and was introduced to them as being the Head of Operations.

Came as quite a shock to me I have to say as I have never been described so before, however I sat back and rolled with it. Leter the Yank asked me if I had a business card, presumably with respect to touching base or maybe sending me an invitiation to Linkedin with him, but I said No.

He'd probably have asked you to reach out to him. :-(

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Many moons ago Ive printed stuff in gold, why the question P? :rubchin:

I am not sure why I asked :hehe: I heard it's a pain in the arse.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 03:56 PM
He'd probably have asked you to reach out to him. :-(

I may have chinned him.

I reacharound with no man.

World's End Stella
03-16-2017, 04:05 PM
I manage geeks. Some IT geeks, some math geeks.

The math geeks are easier to deal with, funnily enough.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 04:08 PM
I manage geeks. Some IT geeks, some math geeks.

The math geeks are easier to deal with, funnily enough.

I remember you explaining the basics of your job to me in the pub. Got none of it I have to say.

barrybueno
03-16-2017, 04:12 PM
I am not sure why I asked :hehe: I heard it's a pain in the arse.

I was gonna add that tbh, same with silver and bronze, metallic ink you see, need to run it through twice as well for it to look decent. Glad theres no call for it anymore.

Ash
03-16-2017, 04:20 PM

Networking. Apparently it's what the go-getters do. I have never had a business card.

SWv2
03-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Networking. Apparently it's what the go-getters do. I have never had a business card.

No, I would never have imagined you with one.

:hehe:

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 04:30 PM

I don't like them. some people so overly keen on giving you their card immediately.
I've got stacks of them I am gonna bin them.

Burney
03-16-2017, 04:32 PM
I don't like them. some people so overly keen on giving you their card immediately.

Dealing with nips is very tedious on the business card front. They treat them like holy relics and apparently get quite offended if you give them one that's creased and written on. :rolleyes:

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 04:52 PM
Dealing with nips is very tedious on the business card front. They treat them like holy relics and apparently get quite offended if you give them one that's creased and written on. :rolleyes:

:nod: my last company was japanese :-(

holding them by the corners and all that ****. weirdos

Luis Anaconda
03-16-2017, 04:54 PM

I got new ones today :cloud9: New title and everything

Can't read the ****ers though - might as well have printed black on black

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 04:56 PM
I got new ones today :cloud9: New title and everything

Can't read the ****ers though - might as well have printed black on black

You know what I like the best about getting new business cards. I take them out of the cool plastic box they come in **** the cards off and use that box for all manner of things at home.

Burney
03-16-2017, 05:00 PM
You know what I like the best about getting new business cards. I take them out of the cool plastic box they come in **** the cards off and use that box for all manner of things at home.

I remember once filling such a box with cheep speed and my friends and I having a most enjoyable weekend.

The Insider
03-16-2017, 05:29 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

I run FootyMad........do I win the prize!!

:titles:

Luis Anaconda
03-16-2017, 05:32 PM

:( Mine came in a cardboard box - they filled about a fifth of it and the rest was just taken up with a big piece of cardboard

barrybueno
03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
:( Mine came in a cardboard box - they filled about a fifth of it and the rest was just taken up with a big piece of cardboard

If you werent satisfied you could have just called, no need to tell the whole of Awimb :hehe:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-16-2017, 09:22 PM
Data Analyst

Is that the same as data shoveler?

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-16-2017, 10:33 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

I work with livestock.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-16-2017, 10:36 PM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Head of IT ****s

PSRB
03-17-2017, 09:23 AM
let's recap.

Be vague if you wish.

Work in an Advertising Agency

Ash
03-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Is that the same as data shoveler?

Not really. Here is a beautiful Shoveler:
http://orientalbirdimages.org/images/data/shoveller.jpg

Pat Vegas
03-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Not really. Here is a beautiful Shoveler:
http://orientalbirdimages.org/images/data/shoveller.jpg

:nono: I think you'll find that it is a rare Vatsal Trivedi my friend. :driving:

Ash
03-17-2017, 09:52 AM
:nono: I think you'll find that it is a rare Vatsal Trivedi my friend. :driving:

:hehe: :hehe:

Boxing24
03-20-2017, 07:29 AM
i am a software engineer