Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 09:24 AM
:cloud9:

https://iamfungry.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/crackling.jpg?w=225&h=300

Burney
03-16-2017, 09:26 AM
:cloud9:

https://iamfungry.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/crackling.jpg?w=225&h=300

Make me laugh and tell me how much they're charging for pig skin.

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 09:28 AM

makes me cry what they charge for everything else.

You know who annoy me. Sainsburys everything is overly pricey in there and poor quality. rubbish supermarket imo

Sir C
03-16-2017, 09:30 AM

Well, for pig skin, processing the pig skin, cooking the pig skin, packaging the pig skin, transporting the pig skin, paying wages to the pig skin workers, paying for a factory, paying rates and utility bills and a bit for profit.

Sounds an expensive business to me.

Pat Vegas
03-16-2017, 09:31 AM
Well, for pig skin, processing the pig skin, cooking the pig skin, packaging the pig skin, transporting the pig skin, paying wages to the pig skin workers, paying for a factory, paying rates and utility bills and a bit for profit.

I wouldn't have been able to cut it into such thin strips either.

Burney
03-16-2017, 09:38 AM

That would be reasonable if they only cost around the same as pork scratchings- which I'll bet they don't.

I remember us eating a huge bag of pork scratchings that day at the county fair while we were staggering around laughing at bull's genitalia and swigging cider from a plastic jug.

A strong look. :nod:

Sir C
03-16-2017, 09:40 AM
That would be reasonable if they only cost around the same as pork scratchings- which I'll bet they don't.

I remember us eating a huge bag of pork scratchings that day at the county fair while we were staggering around laughing at bull's genitalia and swigging cider from a plastic jug.

Lord yes, they were the good scratchings.

Christ. That cider fúcked us up.

Burney
03-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Lord yes, they were the good scratchings.

Christ. That cider fúcked us up.

It was good stuff. I can't even remember how much of it we drank. I don't think it was that much, was it?

Sir C
03-16-2017, 09:52 AM
It was good stuff. I can't even remember how much of it we drank. I don't think it was that much, was it?

It was 5 or 6 pints in the tent inside an hour or so, then the *gulp* plastic carton :-(

Burney
03-16-2017, 09:55 AM
It was 5 or 6 pints in the tent inside an hour or so, then the *gulp* plastic carton :-(

Ah. That might explain our condition. Clearly, we'd built up a dangerous thirst.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 09:55 AM

Pork scratchings always remind me of speedway. As a child, a kindly neighbouring family would sometimes take me along with them to Sandy Lane.

It's the smell, I think.

Sir C
03-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Ah. That might explain our condition. Clearly, we'd built up a dangerous thirst.

In retrospect, our womenfolk were remarkably sanguine when they returned from looking at bunnies and found us all kinds of messed up.

Burney
03-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Pork scratchings always remind me of speedway. As a child, a kindly neighbouring family would sometimes take me along with them to Sandy Lane.

It's the smell, I think.

I've only ever been to speedway once. At Workington in Cumbria. You get an...ermm...eclectic sort of crowd, don't you?

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 09:59 AM
I've only ever been to speedway once. At Workington in Cumbria. You get an...ermm...eclectic sort of crowd, don't you?

It's far too long ago, I'm afraid. I even had to look up the name of the place.

Burney
03-16-2017, 10:00 AM
In retrospect, our womenfolk were remarkably sanguine when they returned from looking at bunnies and found us all kinds of messed up.

Yes. We must have worked fast, as I remember us being stone cold sober one minute and legless the next.

IUFG
03-16-2017, 10:12 AM
Yes. We must have worked fast, as I remember us being stone cold sober one minute and legless the next.

I had a similar experience one year at Glasto on this stuff. Only 6% but had a rather strange effect.

Sir C
03-16-2017, 10:15 AM
I had a similar experience one year at Glasto on this stuff. Only 6% but had a rather strange effect.

I urinated on a roundabout and then tried to leap from a moving vehicle.

I've been less fúcked up on acid.