PDA

View Full Version : I'm know as quite the prolific Awimb poster on here

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 03:27 PM
But how did Jorge end up with 40000+ posts? top of the board.

Here is the top 10

Classic Jorge
Senior Member 40,730

Berni
Senior Member 27,589

Pat Vegas
Senior Member 24,933

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
Senior Member 23,232

redgunamo
Senior Member 22,023

Luis Anaconda
Senior Member 21,715

barrybueno
Senior Member 18,158

Nicosia Gooner
Senior Member 17,399

Billy Goat Sverige
Senior Member 16,543

Ashberto
Senior Member 15,965

Maravilloso Marvo
03-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Can't believe I'm not on there. Nor Sarah or Star Trek Gooner.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Can't believe I'm not on there. Nor Sarah or Star Trek Gooner.

There was a a few message culls

How are you Mr Marvo?

Maravilloso Marvo
03-15-2017, 03:38 PM
There was a a few message culls

How are you Mr Marvo?

I'm quite good thanks. Busy with work, busy with family life etc etc. Well done for keeping this board alive single-handedly.

Burney
03-15-2017, 03:44 PM

Here is the top 10

Classic Jorge
Senior Member 40,730

Berni
Senior Member 27,589

Pat Vegas
Senior Member 24,933

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
Senior Member 23,232

redgunamo
Senior Member 22,023

Luis Anaconda
Senior Member 21,715

barrybueno
Senior Member 18,158

Nicosia Gooner
Senior Member 17,399

Billy Goat Sverige
Senior Member 16,543

Ashberto
Senior Member 15,965

Not sure how far back those go, of course. I think if they went back to *ulp* the early 2000s, they might be rather different - albeit with three of the top four still in place. When did you start, f?

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm quite good thanks. Busy with work, busy with family life etc etc. Well done for keeping this board alive single-handedly.

:hehe: well thanks. Looking at those number of posts I feel that effort could be put elsewhere.

It's funny though. That time spend during work posting on here seems harmless. but if you spend the same amount of time during working hours working on some sort of side project it would be incredibly bad.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 03:48 PM
Not sure how far back those go, of course. I think if they went back to *ulp* the early 2000s, they might be rather different - albeit with three of the top four still in place. When did you start, f?

Well the fash account got up to 30 thousand I think. Fash was lurker around 2006 then started posting a lot 2007-2010. before fash there was another login I had but I can't remember.
The pat vegas account from the end of 2010.

Bloody hell that seems like ages ago.

Though I am not fash so how I know all of this stuff is a mystery

Billy Goat Sverige
03-15-2017, 03:48 PM

Here is the top 10

Classic Jorge
Senior Member 40,730

Berni
Senior Member 27,589

Pat Vegas
Senior Member 24,933

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
Senior Member 23,232

redgunamo
Senior Member 22,023

Luis Anaconda
Senior Member 21,715

barrybueno
Senior Member 18,158

Nicosia Gooner
Senior Member 17,399

Billy Goat Sverige
Senior Member 16,543

Ashberto
Senior Member 15,965

My posting has slowed right down in recent years. I'd probably be on 30,000 if i carried on at the same pace i was back in 2011/12.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 03:50 PM
My posting has slowed right down in recent years. I'd probably be on 30,000 if i carried on at the same pace i was back in 2011/12.

I miss certain things on here.

Like when Ears would post a photo of his office.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-15-2017, 03:54 PM
I miss certain things on here.

Like when Ears would post a photo of his office.

I miss Snin's crazy incoherent rants :hehe:

Not forgetting JJSB's Gary Speed case files.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 03:57 PM

I liked Plastic James. and upskirt Jack who LA hated.
I liked his getting fired from C&A for whacking one off in the office.

PSRB
03-15-2017, 03:58 PM

Here is the top 10

Classic Jorge
Senior Member 40,730

Berni
Senior Member 27,589

Pat Vegas
Senior Member 24,933

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
Senior Member 23,232

redgunamo
Senior Member 22,023

Luis Anaconda
Senior Member 21,715

barrybueno
Senior Member 18,158

Nicosia Gooner
Senior Member 17,399

Billy Goat Sverige
Senior Member 16,543

Ashberto
Senior Member 15,965

I know I'm not on here quite as much these days but thought I might have sneaked into the Top 10 :-\

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2017, 04:00 PM
It's all fixed anyway b. There was a time when I was way clear at the top until Headgear had a cull of posts that left Nicosia out in front. FAKE NEWS

I'm not sure I should be proud of that

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 04:01 PM
I know I'm not on here quite as much these days but thought I might have sneaked into the Top 10 :-\

18th!

Positions 11 - 20

Snin
Senior Member 15,933

Monty91
Senior Member 14,689

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
Senior Member 13,255

Supermac1976
Senior Member 13,249

Mo Britain less Europe
Senior Member 12,706

modd
Senior Member 12,464

Rich
Senior Member 10,978

PSRB
Senior Member 10,764

Bergkamp's Brain
Senior Member 10,638

bostonbrian
Senior Member 9,485

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 04:01 PM
It's just like the football, isn't it. There's Ronaldo and Messi and then the rest nowhere.

Here is the top 10

Classic Jorge
Senior Member 40,730

Berni
Senior Member 27,589

Pat Vegas
Senior Member 24,933

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
Senior Member 23,232

redgunamo
Senior Member 22,023

Luis Anaconda
Senior Member 21,715

barrybueno
Senior Member 18,158

Nicosia Gooner
Senior Member 17,399

Billy Goat Sverige
Senior Member 16,543

Ashberto
Senior Member 15,965

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 04:02 PM
It's all fixed anyway b. There was a time when I was way clear at the top until Headgear had a cull of posts that left Nicosia out in front. FAKE NEWS

Yeah but all those Nicosia posts have probably been edited.

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:05 PM

Ah, yes. CSI JJSB. :hehe:

Snin's rants were amusing, but too many of them became quite wearing.

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:07 PM

I think notes should have been taken when the culls were done of how many posts we'd made. These figures put me in mind of people who think football began in 1992.

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:08 PM
I liked Plastic James. and upskirt Jack who LA hated.
I liked his getting fired from C&A for whacking one off in the office.

Yes. Dear old J Lame Spastic. I wonder where he is now?

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Ah, yes. CSI JJSB. :hehe:

Snin's rants were amusing, but too many of them became quite wearing.

I can't find the Awimb tube map anymore.

Though I found this compliment on another site.

"Arsenal Fishbar wrote:

Check out AWIMB..

Whilst popping on there the other day to see what old DJ aka Songsy was up to, one of their mods had replicated the London Underground map, with all of the stations renamed as posters. (guess where Spurred was)

Stunning"

"Spurred is simply at Tottenham Hale

By stunning I meant how the guy has done it. Each station renamed with a poster.

Come on create our own version..

:icon_profileleft:"

World's End Stella
03-15-2017, 04:13 PM

Here is the top 10

Classic Jorge
Senior Member 40,730

Berni
Senior Member 27,589

Pat Vegas
Senior Member 24,933

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
Senior Member 23,232

redgunamo
Senior Member 22,023

Luis Anaconda
Senior Member 21,715

barrybueno
Senior Member 18,158

Nicosia Gooner
Senior Member 17,399

Billy Goat Sverige
Senior Member 16,543

Ashberto
Senior Member 15,965

Because he was - without question - the saddest c*nt that ever logged on to AWIMB?

And trust me, that is no small feet.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 04:13 PM
I think notes should have been taken when the culls were done of how many posts we'd made. These figures put me in mind of people who think football began in 1992.

:nod: Perhaps we can calibrate it with when Sodd died :-(

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Because he was - without question - the saddest c*nt that ever logged on to AWIMB?

:nono: There's no need to be abusive to j, WES.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 04:15 PM

I don't recall him posting so much. Well no more than I did.

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:19 PM
I don't recall him posting so much. Well no more than I did.

He did tend to just chip in on virtually every pist. And, once you got into an argument, he would never let it lie.

Sir C
03-15-2017, 04:20 PM

:hehe: Too right.

World's End Stella
03-15-2017, 04:20 PM

Probably fair, Burney.

But I have to admit that his unique combination of sanctimony and stupidity left me wanting to pull his eyeballs out through his nose.

And let's be honest, we all wonder about people who spend their entire lives on the internet. As far as I could tell, outside of the internet he had no life.

And - more importantly - didn't he claim to hate pubs? I mean, really. :rolleyes:

World's End Stella
03-15-2017, 04:21 PM
He did tend to just chip in on virtually every pist. And, once you got into an argument, he would never let it lie.

Yes. This. Just this. :nod:

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:23 PM
:hehe: Too right.

I've turned over a new leaf. I haven't been rude to anyone on the internet this year. I'm rather proud of it. Even this morning when Jack Monroe was claiming Clematis were blooming everywhere in England in Mid-March I forbore from pointing out that she was talking böllocks.

Mind you, having my Guardian account blocked has helped in this regard.

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:24 PM

To be fair, you're the same in the second respect.

World's End Stella
03-15-2017, 04:28 PM
To be fair, you're the same in the second respect.

True, but the same could be applied to you, of course. It's what keeps us coming back to AWIMB. But both of us are capable of reading a post, understanding the point the person is making and coming up with a relevant, pertinent and logical reply.

Jorge WCHE, much like Ian Harvey, was just a sounding board of left wing rhetoric who was incapable of actually *understanding* the issue.

Perhaps it was my frustration with his stupidity that made me want to kill him.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 04:32 PM

I always put that down to him having been an only child (I think he was). They tend to be that way; they've never knowingly lost an argument or ever had to concede a point or even re-think a stance in their lives.

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:33 PM
True, but the same could be applied to you, of course. It's what keeps us coming back to AWIMB. But both of us are capable of reading a post, understanding the point the person is making and coming up with a relevant, pertinent and logical reply.

Jorge WCHE, much like Ian Harvey, was just a sounding board of left wing rhetoric who was incapable of actually *understanding* the issue.

Perhaps it was my frustration with his stupidity that made me want to kill him.

j could be good fun, but yes, he could be a mixture of superficial, glib and dogmatic that could almost have been calculated to infuriate.

Mind you, we're none of here because we're always keen to see the other fella's point of view, are we?

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 04:41 PM
j could be good fun, but yes, he could be a mixture of superficial, glib and dogmatic that could almost have been calculated to infuriate.

Mind you, we're none of here because we're always keen to see the other fella's point of view, are we?

I am. Even if only to demonstrate how superficial, glib and dogmatic you all are :-)

World's End Stella
03-15-2017, 04:43 PM

Well yes, but the least he could have done was to stay on point and reply with a relevant and logical answer instead of the superfluous nonsense he so routinely came up with.

I believe you used to call it whataboutery. Corner Jorge quickly and logically and before you could blink an eye you would have a whataboutery reply.

Still, he's gone now, so time to move on. And I'm not the type to dwell on the past. Oh no, not at all. :-)

Burney
03-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Well yes, but the least he could have done was to stay on point and reply with a relevant and logical answer instead of the superfluous nonsense he so routinely came up with.

I believe you used to call it whataboutery. Corner Jorge quickly and logically and before you could blink an eye you would have a whataboutery reply.

Still, he's gone now, so time to move on. And I'm not the type to dwell on the past. Oh no, not at all. :-)

Yes. He did struggle to grasp that pointing to a similar-ish case of wrongdoing by the other side does not substantively alter the fact of or lessen the wrongness of the wrongdoing of your side.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 05:09 PM
Yes. He did struggle to grasp that pointing to a similar-ish case of wrongdoing by the other side does not substantively alter the fact of or lessen the wrongness of the wrongdoing of your side.

Well, it *does* really but it just makes remaining "on topic" a bit of a chore.

Ash
03-16-2017, 12:11 PM

If one side gets cards for all their fouls while the other side gets no punishment for the same things that is what we call bad refereeing.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 12:20 PM
If one side gets cards for all their fouls while the other side gets no punishment for the same things that is what we call bad refereeing.

Right. As silly as it sounds, the proper time to complain about bad officiating is after you've won, rather than after you've lost.

That way, you appear magnanimous, statesman-like.

Burney
03-16-2017, 12:22 PM

That's as maybe, but the fact that someone may or may not have jumped in two-footed and got away with it is not an excuse for doing it yourself.

barrybueno
03-16-2017, 12:28 PM

Here is the top 10

Classic Jorge
Senior Member 40,730

Berni
Senior Member 27,589

Pat Vegas
Senior Member 24,933

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
Senior Member 23,232

redgunamo
Senior Member 22,023

Luis Anaconda
Senior Member 21,715

barrybueno
Senior Member 18,158

Nicosia Gooner
Senior Member 17,399

Billy Goat Sverige
Senior Member 16,543

Ashberto
Senior Member 15,965

ooh check me out at number 7

I think I've posted once on my Palace forum :hehe:

Ash
03-16-2017, 12:39 PM
That's as maybe, but the fact that someone may or may not have jumped in two-footed and got away with it is not an excuse for doing it yourself.

But nor does that mean it is ok that only one side gets punished.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 12:51 PM
But nor does that mean it is ok that only one side gets punished.

Right. If everyone's doing it, only punishing one side is bound to lead to a measure of bitterness and resentment.

Burney
03-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Right. If everyone's doing it, only punishing one side is bound to lead to a measure of bitterness and resentment.

Sorry, but that sort of thinking is what leads to people thinking the British have no right to criticise the Germans for murdering 6 million people in camps because we invented the concentration camp. It's patent bullsh1t.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 12:58 PM
Sorry, but that sort of thinking is what leads to people thinking the British have no right to criticise the Germans for murdering 6 million people in camps because we invented the concentration camp. It's patent bullsh1t.

The Germans don't think it's bull****. Diversity, innit.

Ash
03-16-2017, 01:01 PM

:hehe: We got to the Nazis in about four posts. Top Godwinisation there. A straw man too, as concentration camps per se do not imply genocide, just detainment.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 01:06 PM
:hehe: concentration camps per se do not imply genocide, just detainment.

They do if the Germans are in charge of them though, that's the point. Their view is, if a job is to be done, when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly*. None of this namby-pamby, half-hearted, Let George do it! stuff.

Just different strokes, isn't it.

*As the man sort of said.

Burney
03-16-2017, 01:12 PM
:hehe: We got to the Nazis in about four posts. Top Godwinisation there. A straw man too, as concentration camps per se do not imply genocide, just detainment.

The crapness of the comparison is the point, though. It's how 'whataboutery' works - a deliberate attempt to mitigate, deflect from and avoid taking responsibility for one's own wrongs by trying to undermine your accuser's moral position. The classic was always the Russians attempting to deflect criticism of their oppressive regime by pointing out the plight of black people in the US. In other words, a reasonable point on the face of it, but utterly irrelevant to the case in hand. It's a rhetorical tactic that is entirely morally bankrupt.

If I were a thief, a murderer might denounce me as a thief, but the mere fact of him being a murderer would not in any way make me less of a thief or make my theft less heinous.

redgunamo
03-16-2017, 01:17 PM
The crapness of the comparison is the point, though. It's how 'whataboutery' works - a deliberate attempt to mitigate, deflect from and avoid taking responsibility for one's own wrongs by trying to undermine your accuser's moral position. The classic was always the Russians attempting to deflect criticism of their oppressive regime by pointing out the plight of black people in the US. In other words, a reasonable point on the face of it, but utterly irrelevant to the case in hand. It's a rhetorical tactic that is entirely morally bankrupt.

If I were a thief, a murderer might denounce me as a thief, but the mere fact of him being a murderer would not in any way make me less of a thief or make my theft less heinous.

Yes, it would, *if* you, as a thief, were being judged by a jury of murderers.

Everyone's a sinner, baby. That's the truth.

Ash
03-16-2017, 01:36 PM

Who decides which case is the case in hand? You? Or whoever gets their accusation in first?