PDA

View Full Version : Leicester will win the Champions League :-(

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 09:05 AM
It will take some doing but it could happen with a fortunate draw and a one off game against a big team in the final.

:-(

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2017, 09:13 AM
It will take some doing but it could happen with a fortunate draw and a one off game against a big team in the final.

The most fortunate draw would be either Manchester City/Monaco or Dortmund in the quarters, which is still pretty tough - that would leave one of Juve, Barca, Bayern or one of the Madrids in the semis. Very hard to see them winning over two legs against one of them

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-15-2017, 09:13 AM

:nod: and man u will win the Europa, meaning that IF we finish fourth, we won't be in the CL. WEXIT!!!

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 09:20 AM

Agreed. Their defending gives them at least a fighting chance, imo, similar to us during our run to the final that time :-\

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 09:40 AM
The most fortunate draw would be either Manchester City/Monaco or Dortmund in the quarters, which is still pretty tough - that would leave one of Juve, Barca, Bayern or one of the Madrids in the semis. Very hard to see them winning over two legs against one of them

Is it safe to say they may put up a better fight than perhaps we would.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Is it safe to say they may put up a better fight than perhaps we would.

Now, now, P. It doesn't always have to be about *us*.

Even though it always *is* really.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Now, now, P. It doesn't always have to be about *us*.

Even though it always *is* really.

my habits have changed. I used to watch whatever matches were on.

Now I only bother with arsenal. Which is a struggle lately. I think it's called being married or something.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 09:50 AM
my habits have changed. I used to watch whatever matches were on.

Now I only bother with arsenal. Which is a struggle lately. I think it's called being married or something.

Doesn't your better half like watching football then?

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Doesn't your better half like watching football then?

Not really unless it's Inter.

Not that it's forbidden I just am a busy bloke. I get to watch football and she gets to watch Italian channels. Which I don't mind watching as most shows seem to have dancing ladies for no reason.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Not really unless it's Inter.

Not that it's forbidden I just am a busy bloke. I get to watch football and she gets to watch Italian channels. Which I don't mind watching as most shows seem to have dancing ladies for no reason.

Inter, eh? Good.

No interest in football at all would be better though, of course.

Pat Vegas
03-15-2017, 10:15 AM
Inter, eh? Good.

No interest in football at all would be better though, of course.

My father in law sends me nice texts if Arsenal win.
As he doesn't speak English he sends stuff like.

Big Arsenal. or Forza Arsenal.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 10:17 AM
My father in law sends me nice texts if Arsenal win.
As he doesn't speak English he sends stuff like.

Big Arsenal.

Yes, I remember you saying. I even promised to pinch his catchphrase. Hope he doesn't mind :-)

Mo Britain less Europe
03-15-2017, 11:50 AM
The way Leicester can win it is by beating Monaco in the QF and Borussia in the semis then a lucky final against a weakened big team.

Almost impossible but not impossible.

SWv2
03-15-2017, 11:56 AM
The way Leicester can win it is by beating Monaco in the QF and Borussia in the semis then a lucky final against a weakened big team.

Almost impossible but not impossible.

Monaco and Dortmund are both very good teams, they may even have a better chance were City to progress and they drew them.

As it stands I 100% expect their European adventure to end in the next round.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-15-2017, 11:58 AM
I expect it too but the gist of my post is that there is no way on earth I can see them winning a two-game ko against the others. Except maybe against Barcelona with an honest ref and a drugs test before the game.

Just Trent
03-15-2017, 12:02 PM

'They will find it tough for the first season in the champions league'. :Arsene: ::-\

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 12:04 PM
'They will find it tough for the first season in the champions league'. :Arsene: ::-\

He was right, to be fair, looking at their league position.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Monaco and Dortmund are both very good teams, they may even have a better chance were City to progress and they drew them.

As it stands I 100% expect their European adventure to end in the next round.

They *are* both good teams but, what's important here is that neither of them seem to like it up 'em.

Yesterday Once More
03-15-2017, 12:55 PM
They *are* both good teams but, what's important here is that neither of them seem to like it up 'em.

I would love it if they drew Bayern. Let's see if they are 8 goals better than the mighty Leicester.

redgunamo
03-15-2017, 01:07 PM
I would love it if they drew Bayern. Let's see if they are 8 goals better than the mighty Leicester.

Obviously they're not :-|

Tony C
03-15-2017, 02:30 PM
we might need to put Arsene on suicide watch if they put one over Bayern :nod:

at the very least we should do some preliminary work and make sure the players and staff can get the right counselling if it happens.