PDA

View Full Version : My, but there's some hysterical crap out there today.

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Polly Toynbee in particular seems to think we're headed for some sort of Mad Max-type scenario. The Comments section of The Guardian are full of people hoping that Leavers 'drown in their own shît' (not sure whether they mean this figuratively or actually), while, AC Grayling - in the manner of some die-hard Japanese soldier in the jungle in 1960 - has declared the triggering of Article 50 to be 'irrelevant' and pledged that Brexit will be stopped.

There's some tremendous fun to be had on social media today. :hehe:

Rich
03-14-2017, 09:50 AM
Polly Toynbee in particular seems to think we're headed for some sort of Mad Max-type scenario. The Comments section of The Guardian are full of people hoping that Leavers 'drown in their own shît' (not sure whether they mean this figuratively or actually), while, AC Grayling - in the manner of some die-hard Japanese soldier in the jungle in 1960 - has declared the triggering of Article 50 to be 'irrelevant' and pledged that Brexit will be stopped.

Bit worried for my sister who works for JPMorgan in their front office clearing EURs. If passporting isn't allowed to continue then she's going to have to move her family to Lux/Frankfurt :-(

Will the investment banking industry be the hardest hit of all?

Sir C
03-14-2017, 09:51 AM

My comment describing La Toynbee's rant as 'hysterical' is an hour old and yet to be modded. Surely such blatant sexism cannot be allowed to stand?

Pokster
03-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Bit worried for my sister who works for JPMorgan in their front office clearing EURs. If passporting isn't allowed to continue then she's going to have to move her family to Lux/Frankfurt :-(

Short answer.... nobody knows... lots of posturing but I feel that very few Banks/Jobs will move to mainland Europe

Sir C
03-14-2017, 09:52 AM

She could get a different job. Things change. :shrug:

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 09:53 AM
She could get a different job. Things change. :shrug:

Pret? Costa?
I heard they will need people

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:53 AM

Won't somebody please think of the poor investment bankers!? :cry:

Pokster
03-14-2017, 09:54 AM
Pret? Costa?
I heard they will need people

She's S.African, so bar work or Pret's is the obvious choice

Sir C
03-14-2017, 09:55 AM
She's S.African, so bar work or Pret's is the obvious choice

Plenty of work available in East Anglia soon. The healthy, outdoor type. Get her out of that stuffy office and into a field pulling up cabbages. Do her the world of good.

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Short answer.... nobody knows... lots of posturing but I feel that very few Banks/Jobs will move to mainland Europe

I wish they would hurry up and do something though.

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Plenty of work available in East Anglia soon. The healthy, outdoor type. Get her out of that stuffy office and into a field pulling up cabbages. Do her the world of good.

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently.
The only way I am going to make any money these days it to have a side income.
I must create my own business.

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:58 AM
My comment describing La Toynbee's rant as 'hysterical' is an hour old and yet to be modded. Surely such blatant sexism cannot be allowed to stand?

I wish just one of these dreadful people would have the honesty to admit that they actively want disaster to befall the country for having the temerity to defy their wishes. It's obvious in their every utterance that the last thing they want is the best possible deal for this country or its people - all they want is to feel vindicated.

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 10:00 AM
I wish just one of these dreadful people would have the honesty to admit that they actively want disaster to befall the country forgiving the temerity to defy their wishes. It's obvious in their every utterance that the last thing they want is the best possible deal for this country or its people - all they want is to feel vindicated.

It's just like Arsenal.

Sir C
03-14-2017, 10:01 AM
I've been doing a lot of thinking recently.
The only way I am going to make any money these days it to have a side income.
I must create my own business.

Pulling cabbages might not be the ideal sideline, f.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-14-2017, 10:02 AM

Nowt wrong with living and working abroad, R.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:05 AM

I fail to see how f romancing the mentally and physically disabled will prove lucrative. :-(

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 10:06 AM

I am a very angry frustrated chap Sir C.
my time is running out, I'm creative but no ideas, This whole recent scenario of being concerned of not having a job has annoyed me greatly. I do not wish to be at the mercy of others. But what can I do at this point. :shrug:

There is also a chap nearby who keeps tapping his foot and making a knocking sound on his desk I want to smash his head in.

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 10:06 AM
I fail to see how f romancing the mentally and physically disabled will prove lucrative. :-(

They may have money in the bank.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:08 AM
They may have money in the bank.

Yes. All those benefits must add up, I suppose.

Sir C
03-14-2017, 10:12 AM
I am a very angry frustrated chap Sir C.
my time is running out, I'm creative but no ideas, This whole recent scenario of being concerned of not having a job has annoyed me greatly. I do not wish to be at the mercy of others. But what can I do at this point. :shrug:

There is also a chap nearby who keeps tapping his foot and making a knocking sound on his desk I want to smash his head in.

To be honest, the best thing for a chap in your position is to listen to the voices in your head and smash his head in with a chair. Really plaster those brains across the wall, make a proper job of it. :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 10:15 AM
To be honest, the best thing for a chap in your position is to listen to the voices in your head and smash his head in with a chair. Really plaster those brains across the wall, make a proper job of it. :thumbup:

If I film it perhaps it will go viral.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:17 AM
If I film it perhaps it will go viral.

Yes. Lot of money to be made YouTubing these days, I'm told.

Pokster
03-14-2017, 10:19 AM

See, AWIMB has sorted him out with a new (short) career, and when he ends up in prison he will have a choice of jobs to do

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 10:26 AM

There is but only with a bit of luck.

I have a only a few vids without any thought into them,

you'll need about a million views a month to make about a grand. so I have only 999 thousand more viewers per month to go.
Though I'd be happy with £500 quid extra coming in.

I know a guy who makes about £800 a month. he just film his trips in business class etc.

Monty92
03-14-2017, 10:28 AM
I wish just one of these dreadful people would have the honesty to admit that they actively want disaster to befall the country for having the temerity to defy their wishes. It's obvious in their every utterance that the last thing they want is the best possible deal for this country or its people - all they want is to feel vindicated.

Caitlin Moran admitted it on the Richard Herring podcast, though she said it in such a flippant way that I don't think she had the self-awareness to realise what a c*nt it made her.

Sir C
03-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Caitlin Moran admitted it on the Richard Herring podcast, though she said it in such a flippant way that I don't think she had the self-awareness to realise what a c*nt it made her.

The things that make Caitlin Moran a **** are many and varied, to be honest.

Monty92
03-14-2017, 10:32 AM

Oh she's ok. She's nice and funny and means well. She's just, ultimately, another bien pensant who stopped thinking too soon.

Pat Vegas

I don't know who Caitlin Moran is. With a name like that I was expecting a attractive lady.

All i find is a image search full of a woman pulling peculiar faces.

Burney

I've stopped listening to Herring since it's become clear what an absolute, knicker-wetting retard he is about Brexit. As for Caitlin Moran, it seems increasingly clear from her utterances on Twitter that she's really not terribly bright.

Sir C
I don't know who Caitlin Moran is. With a name like that I was expecting a attractive lady.

All i find is a image search full of a woman pulling peculiar faces.

You've found the gurning witch.

Sir C
03-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Oh she's ok. She's nice and funny and means well. She's just, ultimately, another bien pensant who stopped thinking too soon.

She is the archetypal Islington lefty, a veritable cocktail of hypocrisy, double standards, hatred and judgement.

Her and her ilk have destroyed our beautiful country :-(

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:34 AM

I'm sure you've noticed as you get older, though, that people who 'mean well' are actively dangerous, not least because they seem capable of using the firmly-held belief that they 'mean well' to excuse all manner of profound unpleasantness.

Fûck people who 'mean well'. Cûnts.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:37 AM
She is the archetypal Islington lefty, a veritable cocktail of hypocrisy, double standards, hatred and judgement.

Her and her ilk have destroyed our beautiful country :-(

I was listening to PM on Radio 4 last night while driving home and they had that Gina Miller woman on. At one point, this staunch defender of Parliamentary democracy stated her belief that our elected representatives ought to be able to vote privately in order to be allowed to follow their consciences and not to be 'bullied' by the people who elected them.

The interviewer was actually lost for words for a few seconds at the breathtaking fückwittery of this. She didn't care, though. Unbelievable.

Monty92
03-14-2017, 10:38 AM
I'm sure you've noticed as you get older, though, that people who 'mean well' are actively dangerous, not least because they seem capable of using the firmly-held belief that they 'mean well' to excuse all manner of profound unpleasantness.

Fûck people who 'mean well'. Cûnts.

I know, but that would basically mean hating most people, which would make life tricky :-(

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:39 AM
I know, but that would basically mean hating most people, which would make life tricky :-(

I'm fine with it. It seems a perfectly natural outlook to me. :shrug:

Sir C
03-14-2017, 10:40 AM
I was listening to PM on Radio 4 last night while driving home and they had that Gina Miller woman on. At one point, this staunch defender of Parliamentary democracy stated her belief that our elected representatives ought to be able to vote privately in order to be allowed to follow their consciences and not to be 'bullied' by the people who elected them.

The interviewer was actually lost for words for a few seconds at the breathtaking fückwittery of this. She didn't care, though. Unbelievable.

30 years ago these utter ****s would have been attending CND marches and campaigning to leave us at the mercy of communist dictators. One day, we will have our revenge on these people. And on that glorious day WE WILL RISE AND MARCH WITH OUR BANNERS HIGH AND OUR FLAMING TORCHES WILL LIGHT OUR PATH TO GREATNESS AS A NATION ONCE AGAIN! EIN ZWEI DREI DIE FAHNE HOCH, DIE REIHE FEST GESCLOSSEN, SA MARCHIERT...

Sorry. Bit carried away for a moment.

Sir C
03-14-2017, 10:41 AM

'Most people' in east Finchley, perhaps.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:46 AM
'Most people' in east Finchley, perhaps.

Isn't it pretty solidly tory around there, though? None of these filthy lefties around there. Just good, staunch, tory-voting members of the tribe.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:47 AM
30 years ago these utter ****s would have been attending CND marches and campaigning to leave us at the mercy of communist dictators. One day, we will have our revenge on these people. And on that glorious day WE WILL RISE AND MARCH WITH OUR BANNERS HIGH AND OUR FLAMING TORCHES WILL LIGHT OUR PATH TO GREATNESS AS A NATION ONCE AGAIN! EIN ZWEI DREI DIE FAHNE HOCH, DIE REIHE FEST GESCLOSSEN, SA MARCHIERT...

Sorry. Bit carried away for a moment.

Not at all. Quite understandable. Often find myself absent-mindedly humming the old HW song myself.

Monty92
03-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Isn't it pretty solidly tory around there, though? None of these filthy lefties around there. Just good, staunch, tory-voting members of the tribe.

Wouldn't know, mate. I live in Haringey.

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 10:50 AM

I was surprised to find out my area is tory.
I come under Enfield Southgate.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Wouldn't know, mate. I live in Haringey.

Have you moved? I could've sworn it was 'basically Highgate' a few weeks ago? :-)

Monty92
03-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Have you moved? I could've sworn it was 'basically Highgate' a few weeks ago? :-)

Some might say Highgate, my neighbour Mesut who lives on a parallel road to mine is more likely to say Hampstead, natch.

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Some might say Highgate, my neighbour Mesut who lives on a parallel road to mine is more likely to say Hampstead, natch.

You live among Turks? Ooof. My commiserations. :-(

Burney
03-14-2017, 10:54 AM
I was surprised to find out my area is tory.
I come under Enfield Southgate.

Yeah, well as you know, not all of Enfield is filth and squalor. There are some nice bits like Bush Hill Park, etc. Enfield Southgate was always traditionally tory due to the number of cab drivers who lived here. It went Labour in 1997 when Portillo lost it.

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Yeah, well as you know, not all of Enfield is filth and squalor. There are some nice bits like Bush Hill Park, etc. Enfield Southgate was always traditionally tory due to the number of cab drivers who lived here. It went Labour in 1997 when Portillo lost it.

:nod: There are some tremendous places near Winchmore Hill.

I cut through Bush Hill Park sometimes on my way to the Cambridge road.

I thought I would miss moving out of Islington but I am quite fond of Enfield. Palmers green is becoming a bit expensive lately though. I've only been there about 3 years and it's getting a bit too pricey.
To the point where buying a house would just make sense on a monthly cost basis than renting.