PDA

View Full Version : Ah well, can't have everything. Still, we could always meet Spurs in the Cup final

World's End Stella
03-14-2017, 08:31 AM
imagine how ace that would be.

FA Cup final day. You wake up knowing it's Spurs/Arsenal later that afternoon.

Heaven :cloud9:

Sir C
03-14-2017, 09:12 AM

Nah. A brave defeat at the hands of City awaits. 2-1 down, 88th minute, pushing hard for an equaliser, Aguero breaks, 3-1.

Dignity maintained all round and we go again next season.

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:14 AM

Good draw from my point of view. Get knocked out by City and spare ourselves the grief of losing the final to Chelsea or Spurs. :cloud9:

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Nah. A brave defeat at the hands of City awaits. 2-1 down, 88th minute, pushing hard for an equaliser, Aguero breaks, 3-1.

Dignity maintained all round and we go again next season.

How was your schnitzel? I'm having confit pork belly tonight that I made at the weekend and has spent several days encased in sweet, sweet lard. :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Good draw from my point of view. Get knocked out by City and spare ourselves the grief of losing the final to Chelsea or Spurs. :cloud9:

Shame the game isn't sooner. get it over and done with.

Sir C
03-14-2017, 09:22 AM
How was your schnitzel? I'm having confit pork belly tonight that I made at the weekend and has spent several days encased in sweet, sweet lard. :cloud9:

It was ok, not spectacular. The chicken had breasts like Samantha Fox so I have a plate-sized schnitzel left over for my lunch. Perhaps I'll put it in a sandwich.

I'm envious of your belly. You might want to make sure you have some Rennies available for bedtime, mind. What's your plan for the carbs?

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:27 AM
It was ok, not spectacular. The chicken had breasts like Samantha Fox so I have a plate-sized schnitzel left over for my lunch. Perhaps I'll put it in a sandwich.

I'm envious of your belly. You might want to make sure you have some Rennies available for bedtime, mind. What's your plan for the carbs?

I've thought about this and believe that the lard - imbued as it is with thyme, bayleaf, salt, pepper and porkyness will be delicious on some accompanying slices of toast. Green salad on the side.

Bold, I know.

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Shame the game isn't sooner. get it over and done with.

Agreed. Indeed, I feel that way about the entire season.

My great worry is that Spurs beat Chelsea and we somehow sneak a win against City.

Imagine AW's last game in charge being a defeat to Tottenham in the Cup Final :cry:

Luis Anaconda
03-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Agreed. Indeed, I feel that way about the entire season.

My great worry is that Spurs beat Chelsea and we somehow sneak a win against City.

Imagine AW's last game in charge being a defeat to Tottenham in the Cup Final :cry:
Christ's sake - can people just man the **** up

Sir C
03-14-2017, 09:31 AM
I've thought about this and believe that the lard - imbued as it is with thyme, bayleaf, salt, pepper and porkyness will be delicious on some accompanying slices of toast. Green salad on the side.

Bold, I know.

My word. Lots of Rennies and possibly a defibrilator on stand by. Strong work.

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:32 AM

But that's what would happen, la. :shrug: You have to face up to the fact that we are not only a bit shît at the moment, but also that we are a bit spineless.

Sir C
03-14-2017, 09:33 AM

I've often been scared before big games in the past; games against United at Old Trafford, or Spurs, or Milan. Then after 10 minutes I realise once again that we have a team of highly talented footballers who can hold their own in this company; they might not necessarily win, of course, but they can compete.

We don't currently look like such a team, la. :-(

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:33 AM
My word. Lots of Rennies and possibly a defibrilator on stand by. Strong work.

:nono: Lard is the way forward.

Luis Anaconda
03-14-2017, 09:36 AM
But that's what would happen, la. :shrug: You have to face up to the fact that we are not only a bit shît at the moment, but also that we are a bit spineless.
Oh, I totally agree, b. But we don't have to talk about it. Since when has football been an required part of the forum

Burney
03-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Oh, I totally agree, b. But we don't have to talk about it. Since when has football been an required part of the forum

I agree. However, people are talking about it and I think we need to outline the worst-case scenario before people go any further with this 'we can win it' madness.

Pat Vegas
03-14-2017, 09:39 AM

:hehe: My concern it interferes with Wenger's 'decision'

Whilst we are in a semi final of the FA cup it's more time wasted :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
03-14-2017, 09:40 AM
I've often been scared before big games in the past; games against United at Old Trafford, or Spurs, or Milan. Then after 10 minutes I realise once again that we have a team of highly talented footballers who can hold their own in this company; they might not necessarily win, of course, but they can compete.

We don't currently look like such a team, la. :-(

This is what alcohol is for, sir c. I didn't see the first 20 minutes or so of the Lincoln game as the rugby was still going on. My mate - hilariously told me that Lincoln were 1-0 up. I had no trouble believing him :(

I've got a 5am flight to Greece the day after the cup final anyway - would be inconvenient if we made it

Luis Anaconda
03-14-2017, 09:41 AM
I agree. However, people are talking about it and I think we need to outline the worst-case scenario before people go any further with this 'we can win it' madness.

I blame Russell Osman in Escape to Victory, b. Just go down the bloody tunnel ffs

IUFG
03-14-2017, 09:46 AM
:nono: Lard is the way forward.

since Jorge is no longer here...