PDA

View Full Version : Nicola Sturgeon in asking for a 2nd referendum shocker

PSRB
03-13-2017, 12:04 PM
She's like some sort of imbecilic robot that only knows how to say one thing

SWv2
03-13-2017, 12:11 PM

It is quite normal for a politician or party to request a second referendum when the result of the first did not go as they wished.

We have been doing it for years here. Was there not cries for a Brexit2 vote?

Burney
03-13-2017, 12:11 PM

Yes. What a surprise, eh? Imagine her demanding a referendum? Who could have predicted it? Amazing.

Apparently, the fact that the ruling SCOTTISH NATIONAL PARTY WHOSE ENTIRE RAISON D'ETRE IS INDEPENDENCE is asking for a referendum on independence is entirely down to Leave voters. Who knew, eh?

Sir C
03-13-2017, 12:14 PM
It is quite normal for a politician or party to request a second referendum when the result of the first did not go as they wished.

That's the point, I think. The people demanding a second EU referendum are ****s to a man. Like her.

IUFG
03-13-2017, 12:14 PM
FFS. Bore off, Nicola

SWv2
03-13-2017, 12:16 PM
That's the point, I think. The people demanding a second EU referendum are ****s to a man. Like her.

It is normal all the same. Conceding to the demand is the sign of ****ery.

PSRB
03-13-2017, 12:17 PM

My point being more that as far as I'm aware she's never done an interview without mentioning it. It's her only policy, apparently

SWv2
03-13-2017, 12:20 PM
My point being more that as far as I'm aware she's never done an interview without mentioning it. It's her only policy, apparently

Well yes I must admit to being relatively blissfully unaware of the lady such is my stance on politics both domestically and globally.

Sir C
03-13-2017, 12:26 PM
FFS. Bore off, Nicola

Perhaps we should hold a referendum to decide whether England wishes to remain in the UK. It might be amusing watching Paddies, Welshers and Jockanesers trying to pay their own bills.

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2017, 12:29 PM

The odd thing about it, is it looks incredibly difficult to call - polls (I know, I know) running at 50/50

IUFG
03-13-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm sure that the Scotch will be just fine surviving off their North Sea oil and whisky revenues; financing their absolutely free to the end user health care system, etc. . .

Burney
03-13-2017, 12:33 PM
The odd thing about it, is it looks incredibly difficult to call - polls (I know, I know) running at 50/50

Yes, but that's polling based that's very far removed from the realistic possibility of leaving. Polls pre-EU referendum used to regularly show in favour of leaving by quite big margins. The closer the vote gets, the more Project Fear chips away.

Sir C
03-13-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm sure that the Scotch will be just fine surviving off their North Sea oil and whisky revenues; financing their absolutely free to the end user health care system, etc. . .

Yes, because with oil fetching such a premium these days and looking set to remain the dominant fuel for the foreseeable future, and what with the North Sea holding such enormous, easily accessed reserves...

Oh.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-13-2017, 12:45 PM
FFS. Bore off, Nicola

:driving: :ouzu: ;-)

Burney
03-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Yes, because with oil fetching such a premium these days and looking set to remain the dominant fuel for the foreseeable future, and what with the North Sea holding such enormous, easily accessed reserves...

Oh.

Yup. Their case before was bullshït and that was based on oil prices that were absolutely at the top of the market insane. With shale and natural gas kicking the shït out of the industry, they're never going to reach that level again and the North Sea is one of the most expensive places on earth to drill for oil, so basically they have no economic case whatsoever.

Pat Vegas
03-13-2017, 12:48 PM
:driving: :ouzu: ;-)

:rioja: :cheers: :driving:

Billy Goat Sverige
03-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Yes. What a surprise, eh? Imagine her demanding a referendum? Who could have predicted it? Amazing.

Apparently, the fact that the ruling SCOTTISH NATIONAL PARTY WHOSE ENTIRE RAISON D'ETRE IS INDEPENDENCE is asking for a referendum on independence is entirely down to Leave voters. Who knew, eh?

The best bit is the remain voters showing her support, yet they've spent the last year slagging off anyone who voted for the UK wanting its independence :hehe:

Burney
03-13-2017, 01:19 PM
The best bit is the remain voters showing her support, yet they've spent the last year slagging off anyone who voted for the UK wanting its independence :hehe:

Yup. And telling us the public isn't qualified to make decisions about how they are governed via referendum, of course.

Norn Iron
03-13-2017, 01:36 PM
A lot of talk about a referendum in Northern Ireland too. Brexit really has f_cked everything up. I'm not sure how Northern Ireland is going to work with the border, all Ireland economy, dual Nationality etc

We seemed to be ticking along nicely pre Eu referendum, now everyone's voting for terrorists.

Ash
03-13-2017, 01:42 PM
A lot of talk about a referendum in Northern Ireland too. Brexit really has f_cked everything up. I'm not sure how Northern Ireland is going to work with the border, all Ireland economy, dual Nationality etc

We seemed to be ticking along nicely pre Eu referendum, now everyone's voting for terrorists.

Just give Ireland back to the Irish, Norn, and all those border and economic unity issues go away. :thumbup:

World's End Stella
03-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Yup. Their case before was bullshït and that was based on oil prices that were absolutely at the top of the market insane. With shale and natural gas kicking the shït out of the industry, they're never going to reach that level again and the North Sea is one of the most expensive places on earth to drill for oil, so basically they have no economic case whatsoever.

On a tangent, do you remember that old AWIMBer, Hillary? I seem to recall him being rather obsessive about all things green but his favourite comment was this, and I paraphrase but only ever so slightly:

'oil is at $147 a barrel for one simple reason only, we're running out of it'

I was never too sure what was more absurd, the idea that we couldn't possibly find more oil or better ways to extract it, or the idea that the price of a commodity in global financial markets was driven only by the most simple law of supply and demand.

:hehe:

Pokster
03-13-2017, 01:55 PM
On a tangent, do you remember that old AWIMBer, Hillary? I seem to recall him being rather obsessive about all things green but his favourite comment was this, and I paraphrase but only ever so slightly:

'oil is at $147 a barrel for one simple reason only, we're running out of it'

I was never too sure what was more absurd, the idea that we couldn't possibly find more oil or better ways to extract it, or the idea that the price of a commodity in global financial markets was driven only by the most simple law of supply and demand.

:hehe:

Oil prices are driven by supply and demand, it has become cheaper as demand has lessened and also while Saudi Arabia has been pumping it out in huge quantities to try to bankrupt some of the smaller oil producing nations.