PDA

View Full Version : I am genuinely a little worried about our top 4 chances

PSRB
03-13-2017, 10:54 AM
Next 2 games are WBA away and a resurgent Leicester.........could be out of it by April

Burney
03-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Next 2 games are WBA away and a resurgent Leicester.........could be out of it by April

I honestly couldn't give a shît any more. I'm bored of the CL.

IUFG
03-13-2017, 11:00 AM

as long as we don't end up in the tinpot Europa League, I'd be fine with that.

PSRB
03-13-2017, 11:01 AM
I honestly couldn't give a shît any more. I'm bored of the CL.

I only give the remotest of ****s on the basis of players we won't be able to sign/keep. Frankly, I'd rather like to tell BT that I'm cancelling my Sport subscription but would rather us be able to at least compete for top players

Pat Vegas
03-13-2017, 11:03 AM
I only give the remotest of ****s on the basis of players we won't be able to sign/keep. Frankly, I'd rather like to tell BT that I'm cancelling my Sport subscription but would rather us be able to at least compete for top players

We've signed top players and that hasn't seemed to have made much improvement so I'm not really bothered.
I honestly think we could sign Messi and he'd suddenly become half the player he is.

Ash
03-13-2017, 11:08 AM

I've practically made my peace with the likelihood of ThursdaySunday football. The advantage of playing on sunday is that saturday is free to enjoy doing things that don't fùck up the whole weekend.

And I currently hate the CL. FA Cup is a more interesting competition.

Burney
03-13-2017, 11:09 AM
We've signed top players and that hasn't seemed to have made much improvement so I'm not really bothered.
I honestly think we could sign Messi and he'd suddenly become half the player he is.

Only if we didn't let him bring his big bag of drugs with him.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-13-2017, 11:10 AM

I wonder if the new manager would take it as seriously as Mourinho is this season :rubchin:

Billy Goat Sverige

Think that's overblown anyway. Ozil and Sanchez aren't leaving because we're not going to be in the champions league. Likewise if we were to go after a player simply offering enough money would persuade them to sign as opposed to the lure of us being in a competition we stand no chance of winning.

SWv2
I've practically made my peace with the likelihood of ThursdaySunday football. The advantage of playing on sunday is that saturday is free to enjoy doing things that don't fùck up the whole weekend.

Good man A, like how you roll. :hehe:

Burney
03-13-2017, 11:11 AM

I do wonder if I used to like the CL more when we did actually have a realistic chance of winning it. I don't think I did, really. It's always felt a bit artificial.

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Good man A, like how you roll. :hehe:

What he meant to say is that it is all about the rugby at the moment. Much better

PSRB
03-13-2017, 11:14 AM
What he meant to say is that it is all about the rugby at the moment. Much better

Very much looking forward to Saturday....mostly as I'll be in the pub watching. wd the pub

Billy Goat Sverige
03-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Didn't realise Ireland stopped New Zealand getting to 19 straight wins. Omens :-(

SWv2
03-13-2017, 11:16 AM

Well I was down the pub for our game and it is fair to say if the players were in any way of the mind-set of the public then nobody saw that game as even a challenge, it was simply a chance to stretch some legs before the decider v England (which itself was going to be relatively easy).

:-|

I kept my counsel.

Ash
03-13-2017, 11:17 AM

I am stuggling to sustain the fiction in my mind that we have to be in the CL to be beaten by Bayercalona in the last 16 every year just so we can attract and retain good enough players to keep playing in the Cl to be beaten Bayercalona in the last 16 every year.

How many top players did Chelsea lose by not being the CL this year? Which good players did they sign despite this, and how is their league campaign going?

Oh.

Pat Vegas
03-13-2017, 11:19 AM
I do wonder if I used to like the CL more when we did actually have a realistic chance of winning it. I don't think I did, really. It's always felt a bit artificial.

I didn't think we'd win it. But it was nice when we didn't get humiliated everytime.

Ever since they year we played AC Milan it's all over first leg.

We used to give it a go against Barcelona for example. We didn't win but we tried.

redgunamo
03-13-2017, 11:20 AM

Bit harsh, LA. What's SW ever done to you :-(

Pat Vegas
03-13-2017, 11:22 AM
I can stuggling to sustain the fiction in my mind that we have to be in the CL to be beaten by Bayercalona in the last 16 every year just so we can attract and retain good enough players to keep playing in the Cl to be beaten Bayercalona in the last 16 every year.

How many top players did Chelsea lose by not being the CL this year? Which good players did they sign despite this, and how is their league campaign going?

Oh.

I think the CL football thing is just an excuse. If you want someone pay the money and they will come.

Pogba isn't getting any CL football this year. and maybe not next year.

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Bit harsh, LA. What's SW ever done to you :-(

He owes me a few pints

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Very much looking forward to Saturday....mostly as I'll be in the pub watching. wd the pub

Danny Care still made a dick of himself at the end - ffs - 50-plus points on the board and he has to milk it. Tosser. Thank god Youngs is so far ahead of him now

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Didn't realise Ireland stopped New Zealand getting to 19 straight wins. Omens :-(

My thoughts exactly this morning. Can't see them winning without Murray - big blow if he is out

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Well I was down the pub for our game and it is fair to say if the players were in any way of the mind-set of the public then nobody saw that game as even a challenge, it was simply a chance to stretch some legs before the decider v England (which itself was going to be relatively easy).

:-|

I kept my counsel.
Yes - I must admit I expected Ireland to win but then I thought England Scotland would be close.
Funny thing was all the Irish around me fully accepted that the try was rightfully ruled out. The Scotsman was railing against the injustice of it all and saying it was an Englishman helping England etc etc Needless to say, we had the last laugh

PSRB
03-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Danny Care still made a dick of himself at the end - ffs - 50-plus points on the board and he has to milk it. Tosser. Thank god Youngs is so far ahead of him now

Yep, the man is an arse.

Great to see Joseph back fit and firing, he's great to watch

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Yep, the man is an arse.

Great to see Joseph back fit and firing, he's great to watch

Yep - like a cross between Guscott and Greenwood. Watson back as well - took his try superbly. Sooner he replaces Brown at full back the better. Shame about Daly

PSRB
03-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Yep - like a cross between Guscott and Greenwood. Watson back as well - took his try superbly. Sooner he replaces Brown at full back the better. Shame about Daly

I rather like Brown. Solid if unspectacular

redgunamo
03-13-2017, 11:40 AM
.. like a cross between Guscott and Greenwood.

I like that.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-13-2017, 11:40 AM
I rather like Brown. Solid if unspectacular

Hate him. He had about 4 opportunities to pass it before we got the final try and he tried doing it all himself. He never passes the ****ing ball.

Boxing24
03-13-2017, 11:43 AM
thats a great news

PSRB
03-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Hate him. He had about 4 opportunities to pass it before we got the final try and he tried doing it all himself. He never passes the ****ing ball.

Great under the high ball, rarely loses possession and a good tackler. Agree on the passing thing though

Boxing24
03-13-2017, 11:46 AM
you are not done this type activity